• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

That is a photoshopped image. It appeared shortly after the original image did.

Sadly this is closer to the truth at the moment. :(
YTfGBNE.png

Braag

Twitter is the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.
It's basically the antithesis to "Think before you act"

It's crazy how hard it seems to be for some people to think before posting or better yet just leave their PC/laptop for a while once they feel the meltdown coming.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So what is this secret team at valve that actually responds to stuff ASAP.
There's been more than a few cases where they fix/change things really fast.

Surprisingly, the business development team at Valve are a bunch of top notch people who can get things done super fast. I'd lay money on this being their handiwork.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that moment when you are really enjoying a game, but you feel "yeah im just about ready for this to be over"

just hit that moment with Styx 14 hours in. Hopefully this is the last level/mission/whatever

Turfster

He definitely lost his Steam Partners access:
I doubt a "but it was just a heat of the moment thing guys, I didn't mean it" defense will help him, if he wants to try to salvage this.
What his meltdown did went so far beyond burning bridges it's not funny...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly this is closer to the truth at the moment. :(

With the resounding success of microtransactions in their multiplayer focused titles and Gabe's own antipathy toward single player experiences, I don't think Valve has any interest in developing a sequel.

Jawmuncher

dat moment when you are really enjoying a game, but you feel "yeah im just about ready for this to be over"

just hit that moment with Styx 14 hours in. Hopefully this is the last level/mission/whatever

I feel this way with a lot of games sadly.

Asgaro

It was 5 minutes for me.
I was pretty amazed when I beat it and that was it.

Figuratively speaking I hope? :)

lonesurvivor.PNG

And this is only the base game: I completed this game a long time ago, before this Director's Cut got released for free.

I'm more of a completionist and never rush games, so I would say the average person will get 4 to 5 hours out of it (base game).

Dr Dogg

Still can't believe after 3 year when HL2:EP2 had release.
People STILL thought that HL2:EP3 was a viable name.

I can't beleive that after owning both Ep1 & 2 for years and on my old and current Steam accounts never played them. I'll get to it some day.

This is why Hideki Kamiya can't get any of his games on Steam.

I logged into a twitter account I was following him on a while back and must have caught Kamiya happy hour as every single item in my feed was from him. Every tweet Yo Momma! jibes or links to what he had said in the past (some times links, to links, to links of what he had posted ages ago). But I live in hope that something cracking will turn up again. When someone asks him a decent question and sensibly he does give some great insight, sadly that doesn't happen very often at all.

With the resounding success of microtransactions in their multiplayer focused titles and Gabe's own antipathy toward single player experiences, that is probably more accurate than you think. :/

I think it's got to the point now that Half-Life 3 would have to be the greatest game ever made and then some not to disappoint.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I doubt a "but it was just a heat of the moment thing guys, I didn't mean it" defense will help him, if he wants to try to salvage this.
What his meltdown did went so far beyond burning bridges it's not funny...

Also there is literally no reason Steam needs to care or tolerate this from the guy.

Jawmuncher

Figuratively speaking I hope? :)

lonesurvivor.PNG

And this is only the base game: I completed this game a long time ago, before this Director's Cut got released for free.

I'm more of a completionist and never rush games, so I would say the average person will get 4 to 5 hours out of it.

Should have clarified.
Alien Isolation has a DLC called Lone Survivor

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm probably missing something, but what's wrong with the banner?

1) His game was in early access and he wanted to release the game (ie: get out of early access) during the weekend, Steam told him that they don't do game releases on Weekends

2) he complied and "released" his game today

3) Steam Front page banner (arguably, the moment a game makes most of it's money) says "Now on Early Access:" when it should have said "newly released".

4) He goes insane, accusing Valve of stealing money from him (because people won't buy a game that's on Early Access, but they would clearly buy the game if Steam had classified it properly on the Front Page Banner)

5) Complains that they'll only fix it tomorrow, when the game will have already vanished from the front page

6) Complains publically on multiple tweets about the whole thing, says Steam is terrible, hates their market "dominance", threatens to kill Gabe, deletes the death treat tweet.

7) Goes to play and Stream Killing Floor on Twitch.

8) Apparently, Valve/Steam removes his "developer" status and removes his game from the Store.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is why Hideki Kamiya can't get any of his games on Steam.
When did he threaten to off Gabe?

Yup, let's blame Twitter for what people willingly choose to put on in public.

I dislike Twitter, but come on.
Indeed. If anything, it lets those people realize that their bullshit will spread way faster if they don't watch what they say.

Anyway, I should be going now. Got a Rick Wakeman concert to attend to in 30 minutes, he'll be playing Journey to the Centre of the Earth entirely and it's gonna be awesome. Hoping to see how this story unfolds afterwards.

Welp. PA no longer on steam. I'm done making videogames now. It sucked while it lasted.
This feels like an episode of the Twilight Zone, where Phil Fish was reincarnated before he died.

I just don't understand. You supposedly hate Steam, and yet when they take action against you you just pack up and go "well, it sucked anyway. I'm out."

7HV4emjl.jpg

Arthea

what's going on here? new thread, utter chaos, death threads, multiple wrong banners, unrelated picks.
And bears are still available and perfectly fine, combat bears that is.

One Fish, Two Fish...

you know that bears like fish? just a thought... or suggestion, depends how you look at it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
1) His game was in early access and he wanted to release the game (ie: get out of early access) during the weekend, Steam told him that they don't do game releases on Weekends

2) he complied and "released" his game today

3) Steam Front page banner (arguably, the moment a game makes most of it's money) says "Now on Early Access:" when it should have said "newly released".

4) He goes insane, accusing Valve of stealing money from him (because people won't buy a game that's on Early Access, but they would clearly buy the game if Steam had classified it properly on the Front Page Banner)

5) Complains that they'll only fix it tomorrow, when the game will have already vanished from the front page

6) Complains publically on multiple tweets about the whole thing, says Steam is terrible, hates their market "dominance", threatens to kill Gabe, deletes the death treat tweet.

7) Goes to play and Stream Killing Floor on Twitch.

8) Apparently, Valve/Steam removes his "developer" status and removes his game from the Store.

There are less than two hours between his tweet complaining about the Early Access mention and the German user saying that the text had been changed to "Now available on Steam". If only he'd kept a level head.

xBladeM6x

How about instead of losing his shit on Twitter, he apologizes, and gets it sorted out with Valve so he can get back to making money, and stop being a twat. Rationality!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
so why exactly did he go off like this anyway?

TL:DR of my previous post:

Game was in early access, dev released the game from early access to final game, Steam front page banner marketing the game says the game just entered into early access, developer goes crazy thinking people would buy the game if the banner said "New Release" instead of "Now Available in Early Access" when, in reality, his game is nothing but Indie Bundle material.

Hilarity ensues

iosefe

Because some text on the front page still said "in early access" instead of "on sale"

i assume main release was today and someone, maybe he, forgot to tag it as such to remove the early access banner, or it was a steam derp
TL:DR of my previous post:

Game was in early access, dev released the game from early access to final game, Steam front page banner marketing the game says the game just entered into early access, developer goes crazy thinking people would buy the game if the banner said "New Release" instead of "Now Available in Early Access" when, in reality, his game is nothing but Indie Bundle material.
jeebus crispies

wouldn't it get put back to the front when the early access tag changes to New Release?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im sure its old but you can buy Lords of the Fallen again

which I will now do using some card money

Tesseract

Banned
shame the para dev is such a nutter, i really like his game. i guess his mom never told him that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom