• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014-10-21_00-36-46.jpg

He truly needs to think more clearly.

Ozium

what I dont get is the game is [was.. rofl] in the new release section

that is how I saw it and commented in this thread that it's out of EA.. then literally 30 minutes after I post it was taken off Steam..

topkek

The guy got what he deserved. He's always been a royal doucher that thought his shitty game was some gift from god.

If he really is feeling suicidal, I can feel for the guy. But I doubt he really is, so I can't help but laugh at his misfortune.

Maniac

Banned
"So you're cancelling Fez 2?"

My fucking sides.

One Fish, Two Fish...
There are clear differences, though. On one hand, a guy with some often awful looking voxel stuff relying on his costumers for the sound effects, music and loading screens for his game, whereas the other created a very cute game with a fez-wearing protagonist with some actual, stand-out mechanics and nice environments. :p

MRORANGE

The most important question out of all of this is how many copies did JaseC manage to grab before the game got pulled and what the street value is in keys.

When did he threaten to off Gabe?

He didn't just playing on his previous twitter rants against his fans.

Lomax

The Paranautical Activity dev has been a shining example of everything bad a developer can be since way back when he was putting his alpha game in a Groupees bundle. At least with his access pulled he can't cancel unredeemed keys, I never used mine because I didn't want the taint of him on my account...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's shit. 'Not even' implies it has some positives - it doesn't.

There's this other indie, minecraft-looking first person shooter, roguelike game that you go down different levels and every level is randomly generated and you buy gear and weapons that's much, much better than this game.

But I can't remember the game and it doesn't seem I have it installed anymore. Steam really need to have a Screenshot smacked right in the detailed view of your game list. I have to many games to remember which games are which.

Lomax

There's this other indie, minecraft-looking first person shooter, roguelike game that you go down different levels and every level is randomly generated and you buy gear and weapons that's much, much better than this game.

But I can't remember the game and it doesn't seem I have it installed anymore. Steam really need to have a Screenshot smacked right in the detailed view of your game list. I have to many games to remember which games are which.

Tower of Guns is in the genre and both looks and plays much better.

Was that the one that was all cthulhu mythos-inspired? I can't remember the name either.

You may both be thinking of Eldritch, which is also much better, but less of a shooter.

Alavard

Was that the one that was all cthulhu mythos-inspired? I can't remember the name either.

Turfster

It uses screenshots for the background in detailed view, tho ;)

Also, you're probably thinking of Eldritch, which is great.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was thinking of Delver, which falls more in the "not really a good game but it's better than this POS" genre.

All those other games you guys are talking about seems great, and I have a couple of them. Never played.

I really need to fix this issue with Steam, and I don't see how I can possibly do it: I have too many Steam games, I don't remember which are the good ones and most of the Indie ones get lost in the sea of terribleness.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The most important question out of all of this is how many copies did JaseC manage to grab before the game got pulled and what the street value is in keys.

Haha, I didn't bother pursuing spares since it'd been bundled two or three times. ;) Even today you can still buy copies of Cryostasis for a handful of keys and it was bundled just the once.

Funny thing is:

I already have the game... because it's been part of two bundles before.

Which means that the actual market for the game is EVEN LOWER, because most of the people that would want this indie minecraft looking game already got it.

IMO, the game is not even that good.

It gets better, he threw another fit when people wanted keys for the game they'd already bought, because he chose to put his shitty game in those bundles, and then expected people to buy it again.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Dr Dogg

So seeing as Beyond Earth is out on Friday and I've been keeping away from most info so i could sort of dive in fresh. But out of a sense of curriosity I thought I'd have a look and see if anything has changed from the familsr firmula. Apparantly a lot. Tech webs, virtues, health and energy as well as a different starting set up for your first city is just the tip of the iceberg.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It gets better, he threw another fit when people wanted keys for the game they'd already bought, because he chose to put his shitty game in those bundles, and then expected people to buy it again.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Oh, I remember that. I remember it was really stupid too, because the game looked so shitty.

This is both sad and hilarious

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I doubt it's that weird to review your own games. Devolver has all their games on their steam curator page.

Yeah, but in their case it's pretty clear who they are and there is a difference between a curator page and a review. A review no matter by whom just shows up as a review, you can't really tell it's the dev.
At least his review was so over the top that you kinda couldn't take it serious so I don't care.

gabbo

Haha, I didn't bother pursuing spares since it'd been bundled two or three times. ;) Even today you can still buy copies of Cryostasis for a handful of keys and it was bundled just the once.

Cryostasis is a good game though (I have not played PA)

Ruruja

I'd prefer 7 pages of 'dat new thread smell' to laughing at an unstable guy and picking apart everything he does.

madjoki

Well until recently (~month ago) it was possible to buy expired bundles from Groupees, so someone could have just bought on-demand and sold for profit. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom