• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Hey I just realized I have a copy of Cho Dengeki Stryker from the sale. I think I got it for someone but they ended up not contacting me. If you want it. PM me. It was on sale for $20. I can't remember what the Russian price is.

Oh, why did I look that up in google? First, it was Regina and now this. Damn you, deviant artists!

Ozium

so I've been drinking whiskey and I just bought that Indieroyale bundle even tho I already have sun at night..

11ef44ca4ea729f3a04300fd10cdc8a0a13beb2a3c9fb1599fb670e12913fcda.jpg

oh well, apparently 9/10 of the games are steam keys with the last on greenlight so I hope I'm good... otherwise modbot will be busy

MayMay

Banned
Come on guys, do giveaways of stuff thats actually useful instead of all those games - like http://store.steampowered.com/sub/52190/

Wish ppl on TF2Outpost would sell software like that xD Its not locked, and 65% cheaper in Russia. 70$ instead of what it costs now. Wish I could buy Russian stuff myself. lol

Nice thread btw. :p

Shadow of Mordor is so much fun 0_o

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder how much this is worth, just for the novelty of the item. Don't know how rare it is (as an item).
xQP8tgA.png

There are still quite a few spares floating around on TF2 Outpost and such, but I'll take it off your hands just for the sake of having it -- this guy is throwing spares away for a key so I'll give you one if you'd like.

Miguel81

Just a few Unredeemed keys that I had on HB

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dante81, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dead Space -- MB-061AD93D6D4D0733 - Taken by MillionStabs
Mirror's Edge -- MB-9FD9B9121DB3A96B - Taken by Sparrowhawk
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-5E55659A8B205025 - Taken by Nyteshade517
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-6D8173AD65AAEB61 - Taken by agniswarm
Medal of Honor -- MB-740EA9BB9A0F60D0
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-80BFF440A762F076 - Taken by MattyG344

Im feeling really really really REALLY REALLY fucking shitty so I bought 6180 the moon for the soundtrack alone. Its at least putting a smile on my face

zkylon

zkylewd
woot another dead state update

i don't really like early access as an idea but i find it really enjoyable to see a game get constant updates, even if they're filling it with missing content, maybe it's cos i like the base game so much heh

donny2112

I'm okay if we want to ride this thread into October. With the threads creeping to multiple per month, maybe having a quarterly thread that had 5 or 6 parts would be fine.

Ozium

woot another dead state update

i don't really like early access as an idea but i find it really enjoyable to see a game get constant updates, even if they're filling it with missing content, maybe it's cos i like the base game so much heh

early access will allow you to enjoy games before they add spiders to them

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just had the most horrific of realizations... when I get the new computer, Im going to have to reinstall everything... including steam

my categories noooooooooooooooooooooooo >_<

Hey guys.

Can you recommend me a good antivirus for Win 8.1. My Malwarebytes was silently disabled and don't want to take any chances. Any experience with Avira? Or any other paid versions?

Thanks,

Miguel81

Alien Isolation will be perfect to test out some new headphones. The 35th Anniversay Blu Ray's are also coming out soon(picking up Alien and Aliens). Good times!!

Hey guys.

Can you recommend me a good antivirus for Win 8.1. My Malwarebytes was silently disabled and don't want to take any chances. Any experience with Avira? Or any other paid versions?

Thanks,
Just the built-in Windows Defender is pretty good. It's just Microsoft Security Essentials, basically.

Turfster

Hey guys.

Thanks,

Avira is okay-ish on 7.
It's a good scanner, but it uses a lot of system resources and the free version is an annoying daily popup affair.

Bitdefender is pretty good under 8.1
The free version is kinda bare-bones, though. It protects you, but there's hardly any settings.

AVG is a retarded POS that thinks its own freshly downloaded updates are malware, so...

BiggNife

Just the built-in Windows Defender is pretty good. It's just Microsoft Security Essentials, basically.

Yeah, you dont need an external antivirus with 8.1 because Microsoft finally made MSE built-in instead of something you had to download manually for some reason.

I've been using MSE for a long time now and I haven't had a virus in 5 years or so.

AsfaeksBR

I use Avast! Its not amazing but the free version does it job.
------

Man I thought I was 75% through with Shadow of Mordor and now I'm pretty sure I'm barely 50%. Man this game has a lot of stuff to do.

But is it good I-want-to-do stuff or why-doesn't-it-end boring stuff?
Can't wait to grab my copy at the end of the month!

Shadownet

Banned
But is it good I-want-to-do stuff or why-doesn't-it-end boring stuff?
Can't wait to grab my copy at the end of the month!

Well in my opinion it'd stuff I want to do. I thought the story was about to end and then bam. Theres more to the story! Beside you can never get too tired of killing orcs.

I do hope there will be mods for this though. I want red blood. The orcs blood in the game even if its faithful to the franchise (orc bloods are dull green/gray) red blood would make the kills so much more rewarding.

Miguel81

Well in my opinion it'd stuff I want to do. I thought the story was about to end and then bam. Theres more to the story! Beside you can never get too tired of killing orcs.

I do hope there will be mods for this though. I want red blood. The orcs blood in the game even if its faithful to the franchise (orc bloods are dull green/gray) red blood would make the kills so much more rewarding.

How about some purple mist?

AsfaeksBR

I said it once and I'll say it again, SoM enemies respawn like Far Cry 2.

How big is the map? I see no problem in respawning enemies if the combat is good, but it's awful when they appear when you gotta deal with huge map/driving/fixing car/jamming weapons/malaria and all

Any wors on how many hours to 100% it? I've read somewhere that one guy played 23hrs, finished the game and some sidequests and only did around 35%

Shadownet

Banned
Any word on how many hours to 100% it? I've read somewhere that one guy played 23hrs, finished the game and some sidequests and only did around 35%

I'm about 11 and a half hours in. I'm pretty sure I'm only about 50% into the main story mode. Maybe 60% at most. I did most of the sidequests as well. My completion screen said I'm about 48% done.

Yeah, you dont need an external antivirus with 8.1 because Microsoft finally made MSE built-in instead of something you had to download manually for some reason.

I've been using MSE for a long time now and I haven't had a virus in 5 years or so.
Or maybe, it wasn't able to detect anything therefore you think your PC is virus-free.

Milamber

How big is the map? I see no problem in respawning enemies if the combat is good, but it's awful when they appear when you gotta deal with huge map/driving/fixing car/jamming weapons/malaria and all

Not as big as FC2's first map. I'd say 1/4th that. But it is annoying destroying a camp, turning around a small hill to pick up some health or intel and turning around again to find it immediately filled with enemies again.

MayMay

Banned
Not as big as FC2's first map. I'd say 1/4th that. But it is annoying destroying a camp, turning around a small hill to pick up some health or intel and turning around again to find it immediately filled with enemies again.

But, compared to FC2 - its actually fun to kill them over and over again imo lol

Jawmuncher

After beating the first mission.
The first thing I decided to do with such a big map was get to all the towers.
Being able to fast travel between them is nice. I like the sneaking during missions. But sneaking around when just going from place to place and what not just aint for me.

Milamber

After beating the first mission.
The first thing I decided to do with such a big map was get to all the towers.
Being able to fast travel between them is nice. I like the sneaking during missions. But sneaking around when just going from place to place and what not just aint for me.

I had to do some relearning of the sneaking because of all the AssCreed's.

Deques

There are still quite a few spares floating around on TF2 Outpost and such, but I'll take it off your hands just for the sake of having it -- this guy is throwing spares away for a key so I'll give you one if you'd like.

It has become a collectors item? I have one in my inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom