• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Aww, that looks super cute.

5296E3C691CAB3E1DD99445964B7E23477586BF4

Why is FFXIV being taken off steam? I was going to wait for a sale as I have the non steam version, but if it's leaving forever.....

Edit: Nevermind, misread someone's post. Sorry for the momentary panic, I clicked on Marco's "Now owns" icon and it brought me to a community hub with no store link. Misread his comments as saying to hurry and buy it.

Ozium

Why is FFXIV being taken off steam? I was going to wait for a sale as I have the non steam version, but if it's leaving forever.....

edited:

ur in luck because

It's currently on sale

further edit: also ricochetguro sunless sea realtime combat is available if you allow beta updates to it iirc, I haven't tried it yet but I recall you also played it

dex3108

I'm not a fan of Yogscast, and certainly not a fan of the way they've conducted themselves lately, but in this case there isn't too much here that can go wrong. Mostly because they aren't actually doing anything other than telling their fanboys what to buy. I'm sure they'll recommend some garbage, but that's no different than any other celebrity endorsement deal.

Getting percentage for curating is questionable.

Miguel81

Quite a jump in price from regular to CE. Game is intriguing and lovely but some of us have to avoid MMOs like the plague due reasons.

Ozium

where do you see it's being removed?
I was planning to buy it too at some point.

wait, so it's not being removed, they'll add new version of a game?
confusing

I was confused, then unconfused, then confused again by jasec's proof...

proof of what?

somethingsomething vegemite x saoirse in a hot tub made out of australium

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
where do you see it's being removed?
I was planning to buy it too at some point.

wait, so it's not being removed, they'll add new version of a game?
confusing

It's not being removed. The CE wasn't available a few days ago or so but it's apparently back now.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
What are good tips on how to improve in-home streaming? I tried Shadow Of Mordor, but it's laggy as all hell, even when the in-home stream is the only network activity and I have prioritize set to on (router supports QoS).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are good tips on how to improve in-home streaming? I tried Shadow Of Mordor, but it's laggy as all hell, even when the in-home stream is the only network activity and I have prioritize set to on (router supports QoS).

Invest in an EoP kit if wireless is presently your only option.

Arthea

Alice....in Tokyo...Wonderland...what
animations and sound could use some work. It is made in UE4 though...hmm. 2016 is a long time away.

That doesn't look kawaii at all.

have you seen? you can swtich from a bow to a katana in mid of the fight/move! GOTY of 2016 right here.

oh c'mon

further edit: also ricochetguro sunless sea realtime combat is available if you allow beta updates to it iirc, I haven't tried it yet but I recall you also played it
Thanks for telling me, I'll have to go back to it soon as that would really change things up. Forgot they were planning such a major overhaul of the combat, it was fine as it was if not all that exciting. Game was really neat from the few hours I played, just got distracted by other things.

Shall return to ze zea zoon!

Ozium

Thanks for telling me, I'll have to go back to it soon as that would really change things up. Forgot they were planning such a major overhaul of the combat, it was fine as it was if not all that exciting. Game was really neat from the few hours I played, just got distracted by other things.

Shall return to ze zea zoon!

Yeah I liked the combat before it was just kind of uneventful.. I really dig the vibe of that game and exploring the zee.. It's a nicely paced game I thought. One thing I didn't like is that there were areas of the map that were empty and would say "come back later" and it prevented me from traveling further for fear of death and insanity, but that's early access for ya.

It seems like when it's finished it will be one of those games where you can get sucked in for a good stretch even if you've held off on playing for a while

edit: it's the "steel" beta btw, that's the name of the eventual update, it's in beta now to work out the kinks I guess

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
mine still does this..
Strange. Whenever Steam downloads it still remains that circle icon. The only time I know it's downloading something is when an active window is open so that the the icon below would have a green bar.

Oh wait, it seems task bar refers to the whole bar below, including the icons on the lower right. What I'm talking about is the notification icon of Steam. Back then it would change into something like it has three dots whenever it's downloading something.

Arthea

Quite a jump in price from regular to CE. Game is intriguing and lovely but some of us have to avoid MMOs like the plague due reasons.

well ya, but with the right price and free time on your hands, you can buy it, play for a free month and never go back, just like any other game, not to turn it into money sink and second job ;)
a free month is something I never have though

aku:jiki

I was really enjoying Eldritch for the first few hours, but I think I'm done with it now. I like the visual style, even if it makes no sense, and the idea of an FPS roguelite works perfectly fine (as seen in other games). Exploring and looking for loot are both engaging and fun. What isn't engaging or fun, however, is the randomization. Clearing out the first level and getting all viable loot and moving on takes like 20-60 seconds in similar games like Spelunky and Isaac, but in Eldritch it takes like 30 minutes because you have to check every corner for ammo and the levels it generates are kind of elaborate with lots of little columns and niches to search in. Granted, you don't need to pick up every single 'artifact' and can speed things up on subsequent runs, especially if you're diligent about putting money in the bank, but you need to find a few items and need to at least do some cursory searching. My fourth run through the first dungeon was super boring.

The last straw for me was the enemies in the second dungeon. They're already throwing invincible enemies and those goddamn statue enemies at me? Nah, I'm out.

Dr Dogg

Dr.Dogg I can give you short version of what the story is so far. *Super Spoilers*

Cheers for that. It kind of started off with quite a bit of backstory and setting up these characters and them bam! You're in the game go nuts. So I kind of just did my own thing and had a wander around, getting into all sorts of mischief and hi-jinx that I'm not sure which of the 4 story based missions I have available that I'm meant to be doing next. Looking at the progress screen (the kind that gives Jase tingles as there's lists to check off galore) there's only 20 story missions but quite a bit of side content.

Then there's the whole Sauron's Army ie The Nemesis System to have fun with. Seriously if there was just a game that had that as an element and no story what so ever but emerged from the randomness of the system itself I buy it on sight. I'm tempted to start up again on the spare save slot just to see how different it can be first hand. Reading others little side stories the emerged out of The Nemesis System in the OT has been fun in itself.

Miguel81

well ya, but with the right price and free time on your hands, you can buy it, play for a free month and never go back, just like any other game, not to turn it into money sink and second job ;)
a free month is something I never have though

I've stayed away ever since Asheron's Call. My addictive personality gets the best of me so I should avoid any triggers.

Arthea

I don't remember we talked about it or no, but gamersgate is having Capcpom week. Deals are supposed to change every 48 hours, but it seems they aren't changing, or I don't see something.

I'd pick up Bionic Commando Rearmed but it's Securom on that site.

ya, while at gamersgate, better to do what gamersgaters do, check drm before buying

Dr Dogg

HL3 is gonna be Destiny done right...

source?

nah, source 2

Well if Destiny which was roundly criticised by large sections of the press and a fair few players alike can still get 6 OT's (as of just now) and a million threads about it on the front page (yeah I know that's a gross exaggeration) just imagine what a new entry into Half-Life would produce.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Sun at Night -- MB-8A644FD8E1344814 - Taken by Coldsun
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-A1E3E8891327D27D - Taken by shykyoichi

AHA-Lambda

Hey guys couple of (hopefully) quick questions.

I'm looking to upgrade my pc next year but I'm going to buy some of the more peripheral stuff just now (if this is a terrible idea just tell me to stop now)

Would these be good choices for a gaming keyboard, mouse and mat?

Corsair Vengeance k70
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JIVZUDY/

Logitech g502 proteus core
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IGS9LU8/

Steel Series QcK pad
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000UEZ36W/

Silly question I'm sure but in the meantime would these work on my Mac? And are cherry brown switches acceptable as a general all around mechanical switch?

Well if Destiny which was roundly criticised by large sections of the press and a fair few players alike can still get 6 OT's (as of just now) and a million threads about it on the front page (yeah I know that's a gross exaggeration) just imagine what a new entry into Half-Life would produce.

But that would be only possible if HL3 ends up being a mainly continuous online experience, like Destiny. I doubt GAF is going to burn through several OTs for a linear, cinematic campaign (Though how much OTs did TLoU have?). Unless it ends up exceeding people's expectation or ends up being total shit.

Ozium

But that would be only possible if HL3 ends up being a mainly continuous online experience, like Destiny. I doubt GAF is going to burn through several OTs for a linear, cinematic campaign (Though how much OTs did TLoU have?). Unless it ends up exceeding people's expectation or ends up being total shit.

bruh, valve specifically said they weren't making single player games any more so that's why I said/believe that HL3 will be like Destiny but done right...

if anyone believes that half life 3 will be a single player campaign type game they are flat out wrong.

Gabe said they're not making isolated experiences anymore, not that they won't make any SP campaigns again. Single player plus. SP game with social elements. Whatever.

I told this Nirolak before, but if Valve really want to transmute HL into something it isn't for the sake of a new trend, then they better not make it. You got to respect your product and audience.

Ozium

Gabe said they're not making isolated experiences anymore, not that they won't make any SP campaigns again. Single player plus. SP game with social elements. Whatever.

I told this Nirolak before, but if Valve really want to transmute HL into something it isn't for the sake of a new trend, then they better not make it. You got to respect your product and audience.

he said Portal 2 was "the last traditional Single Player game from Valve" and that even had its own co-op mode. if Portal 2 is a "traditional single player game" then what is a non-traditional single player game and how does it compare to co-op and/or multiplayer?

It would be one that mixes both into one.

Tellaerin

ya, but check her arsenal, hair and moves!

Just watched the video, and the game definitely looks like it has potential where it counts. I really do hope the current models are placeholders, though. If they can keep that gameplay and bring the characters up to the level of, say, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, it'd be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom