• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade demo launches on PS5 March 29, with save data carrying over to the full game

I hope (and expect!) Stellar Blade will be a huge commercial success, I'm sending all that magical Hogwarts energy towards that nasty, rotten eggplant and all the deranged, gibbering lunatics who reside there.

iHE4wYg.gif

They're comically paranoid. It happens when you think every pixel could possibly hide the next hardcore woman hater or whatever asinine bullshit they tell themselves.

Yeah, the disturbing levels of insecurity these people display typically leads to extremely narcissistic externalisations. Everything is everyone else's fault; hypersensitivity to the influence of anything that challenges their delusional self image i.e. positive depictions of truly attractive women. Perpetual victimhood is the inevitable fate of the hyper-sensitive. It is far from normal, these people are mentally ill.

Madflavor

I hope (and expect!) Stellar Blade will be a huge commercial success, I'm sending all that magical Hogwarts energy towards that nasty, rotten eggplant and all the deranged, gibbering lunatics who reside there.

iHE4wYg.gif

I think it’ll do well, but not gangbusters. I’m expecting 500k to 1.25m in its first month. It’s a brand new IP and an exclusive. I think it took Lies of P over a month to cross one million sales, and that was a multi plat.

Eiknarf

Banned
A person trying really hard to rail against this type of game and what it represents with its attractive female main character.
I don’t know what’s up with those other game forums, but I’m glad my google search took me here to NeoGAF five years ago, otherwise I would be busy getting banned all the time.

Five and some years ago I asked Google why moving Joel forward in The Last of Us was stuttering/jerky. Google took me here where a member answered and I naturally created an account (turns out it was a dead spot or something in the L3 when moving Joel forward)

Had Google took me to the other forums, I naturally would have created an account there and been stuck with those lunatics

Last edited:
I think it’ll do well, but not gangbusters. I’m expecting 500k to 1.25m in its first month. It’s a brand new IP and an exclusive. I think it took Lies of P over a month to cross one million sales, and that was a multi plat.

We'll see, plenty of PlayStation exclusives have done crazy numbers. Though this isn't 1st party the buzz seems to equal PS5's heavy hitters whether we're talking Ragnarok, Spider-Man 2 or Forbidden West. To be clear, I don't expect it's sales to be anywhere *near* these titles week one (GoW apparently did 5.1 million) but I wouldn't be surprised at 1 million in it's first week, would be a huge success for a new IP from a relatively unknown Korean dev.

Kabelly

It's just wild how hypocritical people can be. I didn't see this much energy and criticism when GTA 6 was revealed. In fact I saw praise for the physics.

Xiao-Ying-Video-1703180596894.gif
JEfxTd.gif

1a6ff817a8a54fa83a69650bdcd714ac

Women have boobs and they jiggle. Is it exaggerated in Stellar Blade? Sure but it's a damn video game. A fantasy. It's not real. These women's boobs are as big as Eve's.

I've been too busy to even play all the demo yet, which has been really annoying. I've really liked what I've played so far.
I don't see why all the complaints, except for the dodge/parry window being small until you upgrade them. 🤷‍♂️

iHE4wYg.gif
Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

I read the stellar Blade model was going to be in the cover of the MAXIM.

I dunno if it is real, but if it is, is totally appalling. what's is Sony doing?!?!?!!!!
Oh no! How outrageous! When is this is issue arriving so that I can lambast MAXIM for their literal misogyny?

Suggest all dudes to do the same thing. We must gather all available issues for the cause!

ryan reynolds GIF

GymWolf

Lmao at all the Resetera posts, these guys are crazy. I said on the Dragon's Dogma 2's review thread that japanese games often have shitty optimizations (that was prior the game's release, and I was right), and they banned me for "xenophobia".

I'm a leftist, but they are not. They're just liberals with a taste for dictatorship.
When i was still there i got a warning for using the word jap as an abbreviation for japanese\japan...

BbMajor7th

Other way around, probably. You're the liberal... they're the leftists. Liberal tends to mean just that.

There's nothing liberal about those authoritarian cretins. Unless it's being liberal with their anti-semitism and misogyny.
I see them as neither. The bulk of this kind of thing comes from metropolitan, middle-class, white-collar spaces - mostly centrists, who are wired lock and stock into a wealth-driven capitalist society (working for all those lovely companies regularly outed for using sweatshops halfway around the world and laying off workers in droves). They've coopted this social activist space as a moral fig leaf for the fact they're entrenched and complicit with a system that does far more material harm globally (wealth inequality / environmental damage) than the most ardent small-town racist could ever dream of.

If they were leftists, their primary concern would be protecting the working classes and closing the massive gulf between those at the top and bottom of society, rather than petitioning massive companies to fire their staff over their personal opinions; if they were liberals (in the traditional sense) they'd be ardently defending those they disagreed rather than encouraging state bodies and organizations to censor them.

More than anything, it's a war being waged by the middle classes on the working classes. Its proponents are overwhelming university-educated, suburban white-collar media types: they've championed this stuff as it can be incorporated into their existing way of life without upsetting the gravy train and it gives them a moral cudgel to beat ordinary working-class folks with.

Last edited:

xiskza

It's just wild how hypocritical people can be. I didn't see this much energy and criticism when GTA 6 was revealed. In fact I saw praise for the physics.

Xiao-Ying-Video-1703180596894.gif
JEfxTd.gif

1a6ff817a8a54fa83a69650bdcd714ac

Women have boobs and they jiggle. Is it exaggerated in Stellar Blade? Sure but it's a damn video game. A fantasy. It's not real. These women's boobs are as big as Eve's.

Check out the cope at RetardEra

01DFqqS.png

They are hating on Sony for supporting the game lol

Last edited:

xiskza

Lmao at all the Resetera posts, these guys are crazy. I said on the Dragon's Dogma 2's review thread that japanese games often have shitty optimizations (that was prior the game's release, and I was right), and they banned me for "xenophobia".

I'm a leftist, but they are not. They're just liberals with a taste for dictatorship.

Nah they're the leftists. Liberals like the name says, are for free speech (or should be), however they are bullied and silenced by the leftists.
All these DEI / ESG crap is rooted in leftist ideology.

Last edited:

xiskza

Seems like its just one user (PlanetCope) going wild at it tho?

There are more since I follow that thread, but he brought it up again and you will see how they respond. Others saying they are not liking that Sony is pushing the game more than Ronin (which is false).
If you want go through the entire thread or the Stellar Blade demo threads.

Last edited:

Zheph

There are more since I follow that thread, but he brought it up again and you will see how they respond. Others saying they are not liking that Sony is pushing the game more than Ronin (which is false).
If you want go through the entire thread or the Stellar Blade demo threads.
No chance this game is getting more marketing than Ronin lmao. I will have a look thanks

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Check out the cope at RetardEra

01DFqqS.png

They are hating on Sony for supporting the game lol

With more meltdowns like this the chances of the game being outright banned on the site will keep increasing. There's gotta be some tards over there already who are championing for it to be the new forbidden fruit.

And you know that PlanetSmasher is most likely a vile human being with so many skeletons in their closet it would make Dahmer jealous.

I had that idiot on my ignore list back when i was active in the purple asylum. Thers only so much dementia i was willing to expose myself to.
The meltdowns are delicious though.
There's another winner in the Stellar Demo thread who is mainly talking to itself. Just trying random angles to see which line of drama sticks. The game will review in the 60s, Returnal is way better, the game is mediocre at best, Sony are disgusting for supporting this and so on. It's so fun to watch the desperate attempts to create a narrative thread. Currently "I played the demo to see if it's really as bad and this game is so mediocre" is a hit.

Rna6

Neo Member
Nah they're the leftists. Liberals like the name says, are for free speech (or should be), however they are bullied and silenced by the leftists.
All these DEI / ESG crap is rooted in leftist ideology.

Nah. That's why this whole left/right debate is so fucked up. Even you are delusional and not aware of the true left.
I'm a syndicalist in my company, and what you're describing is the leftist "internet/social media" ideology.
I'm just gonna quote this guy :

If they were leftists, their primary concern would be protecting the working classes and closing the massive gulf between those at the top and bottom of society, rather than petitioning massive companies to fire their staff over their personal opinions;.

xiskza

Nah. That's why this whole left/right debate is so fucked up. Even you are delusional and not aware of the true left.
I'm a syndicalist in my company, and what you're describing is the leftist "internet/social media" ideology.
I'm just gonna quote this guy :

That's just the economic variant of the left. Marxist ideology and post modernism merged late last century, which was a way for them to get people on their side since an economic revolution wasnt happening with a strong middle class, so they needed to focus on other struggles. Its where 3rd wave Feminism, Critical Race Theory, Queer Theory and all that nonsense originated from, the whole privileged vs oppressed, and redefinitions of racism as power + privilege, etc.
I'd suggest New Discourses on youtube it has really in depth hours long materials that goes to the root of their ideology, taken straight out of their published curriculum.
Your kind of left wing brand was left behind for this new left which to them has been more useful and successful in subverting institutions and the public. Its not just an internet bubble, its this kind of crap that has infiltrated as DEI / ESG crap into everywhere, why there's been a push for gender ideology in schools, hospitals and pretty much everywhere for example.

Last edited:

Crayon

I've been keeping an eye on the era thread and I must say they are doing a good job discussing it by their standards. I'm kind of proud of them lol.

To be more specific, there are two major line-crossing issues there. One is bans labeled "dismissing concerns". If you've been there, you know. The other is shaming other users, either blanket or individual, for playing a game or even talking about it without couching a disparaging comment. There is surprisingly little of that in that active thread. Not that it's a fun place for normal people to hang out, but I was definitely expecting worse.

bumpkin

I only played it for about 15 minutes and I have thoughts…

Tachy is hotter than Eve.

I hate having to press a button to pick up stuff enemies and breakable objects drop. That also annoyed me in Nier Automata.

Not sure how I feel about it overall yet, need to finish the demo. I only played up to the first “camp.”

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I tried the demo out and unfortunately didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would.
  • The main character ends up sticking out in a bad way. When the first character you see is Tachy, it's a bit of a let down to see Eve. Tachy is clearly modeled on someone's real face, and she looks a lot better than the artificial, doll like anime look of Eve. Having those two art styles together is kind of jarring. Eve's costume also is pretty dumb looking, but that's a minor issue when there's so many outfits. These are minor complaints though, since it's just cosmetic but the cohesiveness of the art design is a little questionable at this early stage. Possibly they're hiding some story reason with some people being humans and some being androids, but who knows. That would make sense. I think if they plan on using these characters to illicit genuine emotion in the cutscenes, they have their work cut out for them. We'll see.
  • Combat is just not that fun for me personally. Mobility is sluggish, dodging is pretty useless unless it's the perfect dodge. It ends up playing out very similarly to the kinds of fights you see in Souls games where it's best to just sit still and land your parries. Most of the high level play clips I saw in here showed that approach also. I liked the "mikiri counter" dodges. The melee combos don't seem that impactful to me personally. So far it felt like the finishers and flashy animations are designed by someone that is going for anime flashiness over the kind of combat choreography you see from someone who understands martial arts and designs combat in a way that feels visceral and impactful. The moves look flashy but they just don't do a lot for me in terms of getting excited due to the unrealistic combat choreography in the finishers.
  • Platforming, traversal and exploration weren't very interesting at this early stage. Same goes for level design. Having the ability to swim is a nice throwback though to older action games, so that could be cool later for exploration. No oxygen meter?
  • Story seems very slow to develop. The main characters don't seem to have much in the way of a personality, especially Eve. Very early though obviously.
  • Not a fan of the monster designs so far, but it's early. Chainsaw head monsters just seem super random. Maybe some explanation would help.
  • Music was above average but didn't have any breakout hits just yet. Will definitely explore the full OST when/if it releases on streaming services.
Will likely pick it up on a deep sale. It's always possible the game could get a lot better later on with more moves and more interesting story and environments, so I'll have to wait for full reviews to see if any of that comes together. Seems promising for this team's very first console game though. I definitely will be following them as they improve in future releases.

With more meltdowns like this the chances of the game being outright banned on the site will keep increasing. There's gotta be some tards over there already who are championing for it to be the new forbidden fruit.

And you know that PlanetSmasher is most likely a vile human being with so many skeletons in their closet it would make Dahmer jealous.

I don't think they will ban it. They would have done so by now. I think they are understanding that banning games creates a result they they don't like (Game still sells well. They loose users and clicks) so they are tolerating it for now.

Eiknarf

Banned

I only played it for about 15 minutes and I have thoughts…

Tachy is hotter than Eve.

I hate having to press a button to pick up stuff enemies and breakable objects drop. That also annoyed me in Nier Automata.

Not sure how I feel about it overall yet, need to finish the demo. I only played up to the first “camp.”

You can turn on AUTO PICK UP in the settings

Top Bottom