• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Ansphn

One rare negative about this games performance is the last stage before fighting a certain boss. After the boss, it's back to being smooth again.The framerate jumps all over the place for no reason on balanced and performance mode. A rare performance issue for this game. I know it's has to be a glitch. I hope they fix it soon for my 2nd playthrough to get the platinum.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The dude standing next to the Oracl has a quest marker on him but the talk button is greyed out on him and I can't talk to him.

Just gave them the second hyper drive and ready to go to the Matrix location.

Am I missing something?

Ansphn

The dude standing next to the Oracl has a quest marker on him but the talk button is greyed out on him and I can't talk to him.

Just gave them the second hyper drive and ready to go to the Matrix location.

Am I missing something?
Nope there is no quest involving him. I spoke to him once but I'm about 95% through the game.

adamsapple

Nope there is no quest involving him. I spoke to him once but I'm about 95% through the game.

The game's definitely telling me there's a quest associated with him but I'm unable to talk to him.

Stellar-Blade-20240430162324.png

Stellar-Blade-20240430162343.png

stickkidsam

The funny thing is majority of western devs put full body nudity and characters having sex…
maxresdefault.jpg

dragon_age_inqusition_preorder_cancelled_gay_characters_ea_bioware_india_bangladesh_pakistan_obscenity_laws_alsdn-550x309.png
but this game is “horny” because the main character is attractive?
“Our boners are righteous and fight for the liberation of the damned.

Their boners are horny and only seek to beat women into submission.”

Revelations 6:9

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
If this is what censorship looks like we need more of it:

All jokes aside, it's curious that they changed the Bunny outfit when you've got stuff like this in the game, very strange indeed. Costumes designs are so damn good in SB and there are so many of of them, never had this much fun playing dress-up in a videogame before.

I don't get this video specifically. Is there some under boob or something I'm missing? It's tight but she looks all covered up.

The way I see it, they have data that this type of marketing is actually beneficial because it's not talking about the game being glitchy, broken or unplayable. This is more of how people "Feel" about certain things and they will create an uproar but it's not serious enough for it to turn sane people and casuals away. Only the trolls online will make it a big deal but they wouldn't buy the game anyways or they will buy it in secret anyways. Basically they're using the idiots online for free advertising using their tribalism and hunger for attention. Lol.
yep. our minds are but their playthings. who says that 4-dimensional chess is dead?...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
lol I guess media markt won't be missing their promotional pamphlet :p
I already had the game and I was just passing by in media markt...

eHF5suE.jpeg

Yoshi97

I noticed that there are a couple of movement based upgrades you can get, does this game have any metroidvania like back tracking?

Ansphn

If talking about Mann, then he does have a side quest (or more?).
You're right I do remember doing quest for Mann but I never talked to him relating to any quest line. I think he assigns it on the board but you don't actually have to talk to him. Unless I'm not remembering.

adamsapple

Couple of niggling issues I have with the game which should either be patched in the future, or should have been part of QC.

- Why is the map only allowed in some zones, even if not all zones are open, just have a map for navigation's sake
- There should be a way to keep the compass bar on the screen at all times. The Dynamic HUD only seems to effect the bottom left parts. (form what I've seen at least)
- I would be A-OK if they removed fall damage completely from the game
- Let us fast travel to the phone booths from anywhere, not asking for fast-travel anywhere in the map, just fast travel *to* the phone booths from anywhere in the map, in the same zone at least

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Can I just say how much I hate the fact that revisiting the first area I still can't use a map? I was wandering around so badly for an hour trying to find the quests I had gotten there

Kabelly

Never played the demo. This is Bayonetta. At least from a combo point of view. Not a bad thing.

So far I'm very impressed. The music is great. The action is great. The intro was an awesome way to start the game. This is a video game through and through. The little animations when Eve opens a crate are nice.

I'm rough on the combat but it seems like it will open a lot once i get kore upgrades.

Lots of style in this game.

Three

I know what the director said but we all know that's bullshit. Sony likely asked for the change which again is strange given how racy a lot of the other costumes are. The *only* reason I can think of is Bunny showed too much skin, nothing else makes sense. Sucks that it was changed but it's clear the dev's hands are tied, there is still more than enough "eye-candy" in the game.
Other things can make sense from a directors choice perspective and people just assume he's not being truthful.

Some examples of things that might make sense:
1)The bunny outfit isn't particularly hard to get but I'm sure is the number one choice of costume for a lot of people after tits and ass. They could have altered it to make the best suit one that requires slightly more effort, like the Black Pearl Nano Suit.
2)When making the alternate NG+ costumes they added details merely for additional palettes to make it not look like just a basic one colour change on a simpler outfit. The Bikini also has slapdash bodypaint like details in much the same way.
3) Most likely in my eyes: the director/Shift Up chose these designs himself knowing from experience with Nikke and Destiny Child that these designs wouldn't get any backlash from ratings boards who would ask them to change things later. Then he was happy and gloated about the fact that there was no regional censored version of the game after.

We can sit here and try and second guess Shift Up but they've explicitly told us these are the designs they wanted in the final game. People have to accept that but he himself knows they won't be convinced.

I fear by bringing this to the wider public limelight it might even backfire for those who like the fanservice rather than help them. The people you should fear are the joe blogs, politicians or ratings boards who might now see things like the Skin suit and be outraged by this videogame. Ratings boards usually just get a description of the contents of a game and trying to explain "it's just skintone" might be a little harder once the public have seen what's in the game. It's not really Sony people should fear, if they were so woke this game wouldn't be a first party published game to begin with. Shift Up/Sony are on peoples side with this but they have to navigate through the shitstorm of the general public and ratings/governance and the controversy and limelight I fear would have the opposite effect that people are hoping for. I honestly think we'd be better off if people just let it go and took this game for the win that it is.

xrnzaaas

Can I just say how much I hate the fact that revisiting the first area I still can't use a map? I was wandering around so badly for an hour trying to find the quests I had gotten there
Yeah it's dumb they didn't make a map for Eidos 7. I've probably skipped a quest or two, because I'm not going to bother going blind to recheck everything. Only done that for the flooded sector.

Last edited:

Crayon

Why is her arse so shiny all the time lol, they're taking 'hero lighting' to new heights.

progress: Just past Gigas. I really hope there's no overlap in the resources for costumes vs upgrades.

They don't overlap much and the resources get much easier to get ahold of in a bit.

Edit: oops that was an old post. You're probably further than me.

Last edited:

DelSol

Neo Member
I like this game a lot more than NieR: Automata. The Story of NA never really clicked for me and those "unrealistic" bullets from the enemies often broke the immersion. It still was a great game but Stellar Blade really shines in those departments.

Dr.Morris79

I like this game a lot more than NieR: Automata. The Story of NA never really clicked for me and those "unrealistic" bullets from the enemies often broke the immersion. It still was a great game but Stellar Blade really shines in those departments.
Q97ZX4x.gif

GymWolf

Lol i get killed by trash mobs but i already beat 2 bosses first try, what gives? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The music get a bit grating during exploration (but i probably just don't gel well with the nier automata style of music), it's much better during boss fights.

I still don't get the timing for parry and evasion for consecutive attacks as good as other games, there is something off (yes i bought the upgrades to make them better).

About eve's face, they should have just swapped her face with tacky's face and call the day.

Last edited:

tommib

Lol i get killed by trash mobs but i already beat 2 bosses first try, what gives? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The music get a bit grating during exploration (but i probably just don't gel well with the nier automata style of music), it's much better during boss fights.
Use the dash attack with mobs and jump on them. You’ll get a gun eventually that helps with crowd control.

Also, you can parry everything.

Top Bottom