• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN apologizes to Stellar Blade and ShiftUp

EDgJzJF.png

LMFAO folks, how is reeeeeeeee gonna handle this, they are gonna have their 23rd meltdown over this game!

Edit: For folks who's not following the drama:

Last edited:

Puscifer

So... what did it originally say? Couldn't go the extra mile to include that, huh OP?

Anyway, get fucked IGN and resetera
The craziest thing is that as much as this game just doesn't interest me I'm hoping that it starts ushering in a new edgy era.

Dead or Alive had great gameplay to go with it's sex appeal, they went all in on it to make sure you could never fault it for being just eye candy. But 5 and 6 went into this weird safe horny era and sold the sex appeal as DLC and it's bizarre as shit.

Mortal Kombat 1 had no issues with ripping people to shreds in the most disgusting manner but being a C cup is a bridge too far. I'm not even straight, I wasn't impressed with Steller Blades gameplay (felt like platinums loop and I'm so over that) but I hate what they're doing to female representation in games (shit, I love some big titties too lmao)

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don't get why Bayonetta gets a pass in crazy land but Stellar Blade is too much.
there’s more jiggling and there’s people out there who make a big deal out of anything sexual.

The sex doll comment makes no sense. I preordered a copy because the combat was fun. I’ve played plenty of action games and the thought of her being a sex doll never came to mind.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why these so called "professional journalist" act this way?

j7jJCzm.png

This story has gotten a little bit bigger over the past couple of days, and I've apologized for insulting Dragon's Crown artist George Kamitani.

They are free not like design, that their taste but why act like a fucking idiot and insult the artist? Dont just apologize, just be fucking decent human being.....thats not too much to ask.

Last edited:
Wut, little babies couldn't stand by their proud words? I mean, if objectification is such a big problem, why isn't IGN standing its ground and changing the world with its words? ...Oh yeah...because it's a made-up issue by people with insecurities and everyone has pointed out IGN´s own hypocrisy.

also, I hope this apology makes some people in Purple land feel attacked and in danger.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why these so called "professional journalist" act this way?

j7jJCzm.png

They are free not like design, that their taste but why act like a fucking idiot and insult the artist? Dont just apologize, just be fucking decent human being.....thats not too much to ask.
A lot of people use the game industry as their toilet paper. They wipe their ass and move on. You wonder what his idea of sexy is? Ubisoft girls with bubble vest hoodies and skin tight jeans? lol the type you dare not think is sexy because she’s a lesbian and dislikes white men.

What other non-literal "it would made sense if you spoke French" way is there to take "A doll sexualized by someone who has never seen a woman"?

Is there an explanation I'm not understanding here, or are they just trying to come up with some sort of reasoning that doesn't exist?

IGNorant fucks.

At least they apologized though, guess thats something. But this woke nonsense shouldn't be happening at all. How do you in the same sentence where you criticize this game character, call bayonettas character iconic? What am I missing?

They think/feel Bayonetta represents the LGBTQIA+ community in some weird way so she gets a pass.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I don't get why Bayonetta gets a pass in crazy land but Stellar Blade is too much.
they complain about Bayonetta as well(it has some fans, but there is always a group of haters as well vomiting the same things, its just that its a good game so they can't cancel it)

Bayo has always been very divisive and even the sales show it

Last edited:

Astral Dog

They think/feel Bayonetta represents the LGBTQIA+ community in some weird way so she gets a pass.
Its just that its campy and over the top, none of the Bayonetta games really explore any sexual themes beyond the presentation, its just a fun game

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

Writer says something really stupid and uncalled for in a Stellar Blade article (and apparently the IGN France editor thought it was fine, if there was an editor), gets rightly checked for it across the Internet. Good. Suppose it's nice that IGN France apologized, but this is one particular embarrassing headache that didn't have to happen. And as Danjin44 Danjin44 pointed out, it's like a repeat of the equally embarrassing Dragon's Crown/Jason Schreier situation back in 2013.

More free press for Stellar Blade, then. Oh well.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I don't think they appologize out of misinfortation or bad mouth. Honestly, I don't even think they wanted to edit. I'm pretty sure they did this out of fear, maybe of being sued.

IGNorant fucks.

At least they apologized though, guess thats something. But this woke nonsense shouldn't be happening at all. How do you in the same sentence where you criticize this game character, call bayonettas character iconic? What am I missing?

The only reason people there defended Bayonetta is that, according to their fanfiction, she is a lesbian. Reality check she is not, thats why some of them got mad at the sequel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom