• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN apologizes to Stellar Blade and ShiftUp

Raven117

Harrison Ford Eating GIF
I like this gif.

What is it with this game breaking some people’s minds?

Last edited:

Fredrik

You just know that they will retcon the narrative sorrounding the game once it becomes successful. Basically, they will claim that they *always* liked Eve.
It is going to happen.
Heh yeah they’re going to explain in an awkward way why it’s actually not so bad.
It’s great though. We’re all winning here. Beauty returns to gaming. 👍

nikos

I actually respect that they had the balls to write and publish that, and kind of agree that Eve isn't anything special.

It's as if people are clamoring for a decent looking female video game character so much that even an average one is praised.

I actually respect that they had the balls to write and publish that, and kind of agree that Eve isn't anything special.

It's as if people are clamoring for a decent looking female video game character so much that even an average one is praised.
I think in terms of aesthetics, Eve is already flawless. But a great character needs more than just the looking, personality and story are the soul. We'll see how that unfold in the full game.

it's the never-ending sport that these people never seem to tire of: attempting to out-indignant each other...

Last edited:

Tommi84

I actually respect that they had the balls to write and publish that
And I don't.

First of, at the beginning they literally only changed the sentence to something like 'it seems the guy doesn't know how a woman looks like. And without telling anyone.

Secondly, it's clear that it's NOT IGN France that wanted to write it, but were forced by the US IGN headquarters.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
FYI, France is the country that fought against #metoo with women going on national TV saying if men cannot give them compliments about their appearance it won’t be France anymore. Which makes IGN’s comment even more bizarre.
Interactions between men and women are so much more relaxed and pleasant in France than elsewhere in the West right now. You feel it at once when you step foot in the country.

We really got no other pressing issues right now so why not spend even more time discussing the female form? I'm sure everything else can wait.

FYI, France is the country that fought against #metoo with women going on national TV saying if men cannot give them compliments about their appearance it won’t be France anymore. Which makes IGN’s comment even more bizarre.
When Elon took over Twitter he fired a bunch of Japanese mods because they were posting that Japan deserved the nukes, among other similar sentiments. Japanese Twitter went mental saying thanks.

Tech/games is full of these self-hating anti-human weirdos in every country.

Pejo

I am actually surprised (in a good way) that they publicly apologized for it. No doubt just due to pressure from it getting a lot of exposure, but still, I have a bit of respect that they did it. Just a year ago they'd have probably doubled down and cried "death threats!" and called all of the readers chuds if they didn't agree. Is this progress?

When Elon took over Twitter he fired a bunch of Japanese mods because they were posting that Japan deserved the nukes, among other similar sentiments. Japanese Twitter went mental saying thanks.

Tech/games is full of these self-hating anti-human weirdos in every country.

Whaaat, never saw that bit in all the news when that was going down. I don't wannah go digging through twitter, maybe some website did an article on it...

ahtlas7

With so many options for game news, why do people keep going to ign? Given their hostility towards their key demographic they really aren’t worth your time and attention and now they fallaciously attack developers with ad hominem. … Enough is enough. Screw the bleeding heart apology!

Also
Liberty-Leading-the-People-oil-canvas-Eugene-1830.jpg

Lambogenie

I love Hyung Tae Kim's stuff but his wife's pic is... disappointing. I'm sure she's fine naturally but that's just another person with a crap ton of filter and KBeauty changes applied.

xrnzaaas

The studio should've received a refund on all the ads they paid IGN for. Imagine giving someone money and they publicly take a dump on you in return.

Needlecrash

Can confirm. I have complimented a French lady on her stunning bikini and she was delighted. Love the French, I spend most of my year with them.
Hearing this now....I seriously need to travel more. Paying someone a compliment should be nice and chill, unlike the West over here in which you'd be considered a misogynist or some dumb shit.

Emedan

Hearing this now....I seriously need to travel more. Paying someone a compliment should be nice and chill, unlike the West over here in which you'd be considered a misogynist or some dumb shit.
To be fair it's mostly North America. In Europe you still can compliment women. Can even have drunken post pub sex with them without filling out a letter of consent.

Majukun

If Bayonetta came out today it’d be getting shit too, don’t let anyone perform the mental gymnastics to tell you otherwise. That game’s cover is literally her showing off her ass.
bayonetta was shit on when it came out too.

you have no idea how hard it was to make people see past the design

violence

Over 10 years ago, I thought writing for a gaming website was the coolest thing ever. But would not stoop this low to get a job.

So what was the non-literal translation?

Last edited:
Why these so called "professional journalist" act this way?

j7jJCzm.png

They are free not like design, that their taste but why act like a fucking idiot and insult the artist? Dont just apologize, just be fucking decent human being.....thats not too much to ask.
Goddamn you're cool poster here but whenever i read "decent human being" i can't help but roll my eyes lmao

Top Bottom