• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is there a list of patched outfits and stuff?
If it doesn’t break the save, I would downgrade to 1.0.
But so far I’ve seen only 2 affected outfits. Besides that 1.02 lowered parry delay and removes some blood splatter ?

DelireMan7

you happy to sacrifice potential upgrades/bugs fixing/added content for a bit of extra 3D cleavage?
Love this answer.

The game goes full on sexyness, with a lot of skimpy outfits, ass and boobs giggles, very revealing outfits, suggestive pose and camera shots...
Now people cries over small changes on (I think) 2 outfits.

Also my hot take : the bunny outfit is better with the patch. I like the extra lace cloth.
In general I think showing too much is less sexy than showing "just enough"

Zheph

Love this answer.

The game goes full on sexyness, with a lot of skimpy outfits, ass and boobs giggles, very revealing outfits, suggestive pose and camera shots...
Now people cries over small changes on (I think) 2 outfits.

Also my hot take : the bunny outfit is better with the patch. I like the extra lace cloth.
In general I think showing too much is less sexy than showing "just enough"
Yeah I find it a bit crazy as well

There are some really nice outfits and they are not necessarily the most revealing ones imo

Kupfer

But so far I’ve seen only 2 affected outfits. Besides that 1.02 lowered parry delay and removes some blood splatter ?

Got no list, but although I deactivated the automatic updates, the game updated itself during installation and I only realized in Xion that I was playing 1.002 (graffiti).
I then uninstalled the game, disconnected from the internet and reinstalled from disk.

The savegames are compatible with each version and you can "downgrade" and continue playing with a 1.002 savegame on 1.000

Last edited:

Larivel

Only 2 outfits were changed: Holiday Rabbit and Cybernetic Bondage, some more revealing ones are still left unchanged. The blood splatter and gore remain the same in versions 1.00 and 1.02. However, in the demo, if you were wearing a skin suit at the end of the Abaddon boss fight, Eve was covered in blood and now she's not. It's a silly drama in my opinion, I wouldnt bother with downgrading.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Did they actually reduced the input lag for the parry with the patches?

Parry doesn't feel as tight as sekiro in the demo.

Kupfer

Parry doesn't feel as tight as sekiro in the demo.

"Kim Hyung-tae was asked in an interview with 4Gamer about the input lag, as there was a noticeable delay between the press of a button to perform a parry or dodge, and the action being performed in the game. He explained that the design choice was made to keep the animation smooth and there’s no input delay as the game is registering it as soon as the button is pressed. However, the parry or dodge is taking a 0.5-second lag to take place as they did not want the character’s movement to seem erratic by having them perform the action as soon as the button is pressed."
Source

bSGc5eh.jpeg

Now how can I unlock this outfit 🤔

Last edited:
& this's my excuse for not getting the game till there's a good price drop. I instantly disliked it in the demo, but, ultimately, i'm willing to put up with it. just not at $100 canadian...
GameStop offers 50% bonus credit towards new games. I traded in Grandblue Fantasy and Horizon Forbidden West to get this game. When you buy games with trade-in-credit, there is no sales tax. That's a 13% discount right there.

I need to renounce my gamer card, I'm getting skill checked by random trash mobs...
Don't be afraid to just hold block. You lose a little health, but it gives you time to watch and respond.

There is no input lag. This was debunked by the developer. The parry happens the instant you press the button. The animation takes a few frames, but the parry is triggered immediately.

Parrying here feels the same to me as any other game. Perfect dodge, however, I can't seem to get right. Usually in games, it's the other way around for me.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Only 2 outfits were changed: Holiday Rabbit and Cybernetic Bondage, some more revealing ones are still left unchanged. The blood splatter and gore remain the same in versions 1.00 and 1.02. However, in the demo, if you were wearing a skin suit at the end of the Abaddon boss fight, Eve was covered in blood and now she's not. It's a silly drama in my opinion, I wouldnt bother with downgrading.
lol you are absolutely right. I am not downgrading.
THIS IS ALREADY GREAT LOL

Markio128

This special beta ability (L1 + triangle) is super useful for groups of enemies, dspecially with many low HP enemies you can kill then with a single strike.
I wasn’t paying enough attention to which beta ability I was using, which is why I was struggling a bit with mobs. I have managed to beat that area now and that beta ability did come in very handy! For anyone interested, it was the cul-de-sac area in the wasteland, not far from the first safe area. It was a bit of a surprise being set upon by several enemies at once, including several tentacles, one of those rhino-like baddies, along with a few others.

Zheph

I wasn’t paying enough attention to which beta ability I was using, which is why I was struggling a bit with mobs. I have managed to beat that area now and that beta ability did come in very handy! For anyone interested, it was the cul-de-sac area in the wasteland, not far from the first safe area. It was a bit of a surprise being set upon by several enemies at once, including several tentacles, one of those rhino-like baddies, along with a few others.
oh yeah it took me a bit by surprise, indeed the skills are really needed there. I like the exospine reward there, still using it fully upgraded

Kupfer

Do you guys memorize the combos, or do you just mash buttons?
There is a skill where you have to hold the last button of the combo to do more damage, but you would have to deliberately attack with combos. It's still very random for me.

Last edited:

Three

NG+ is in the patch so new skills and leveling expansions, 34 new outfits. It's not worth it just for 2 slightly different costumes. Besides you can just use the Skin Suit or Black Pearl Nano suit if cleavage/ass is what you like.

Last edited:

tommib

Sometimes Eve decides to hop over a rail into a pitfall. Its kind of weird.
This is true. It's a bit janky. You really think you're going to make the jump but she falls through cracks on the edge of a rail. Ladders are also a bit janky if you're trying to jump into them. Nothing major.

Is anyone playing on anything but "balanced" graphics mode on PS5? I tried "performance" and it looked dreadful. I don't see any performance issues on balanced.

I used to be a full quality 4K man, but the 60fps mode in games over the past year really won me over.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is anyone playing on anything but "balanced" graphics mode on PS5? I tried "performance" and it looked dreadful. I don't see any performance issues on balanced.

I used to be a full quality 4K man, but the 60fps mode in games over the past year really won me over.
I'm playing on performance mode and it looks fine to me.

I'm playing on performance mode and it looks fine to me.
What is the benefit? It runs at 60fps in balanced mode.

edit: checked the DF video on the modes. Performance is a raw 1440p, which might explain why it looked simultaneously soft (from upscale) and jagged (from minimal anti-aliasing). Balanced is 1080p reconstructed to 4K, which makes it sharp and anti-aliased. Both run at 60fps.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
What is the benefit? It runs at 60fps in balanced mode.

Performance mode made the game look like it was on a Nintendo Switch.

edit: ok checked the DF video on the modes. Performance is a raw 1440p, which might explain why it looked simultaneously soft (from upscale) and jagged (from minimal anti-aliasing). Balanced is 1080p reconstructed to 4K, which makes it sharp and anti-aliased. Both run at 60fps.
It doesn't look that bad on Performance mode. Worse anti-aliasing, yes.

Balanced can dip to 50 or so fps, but if you play with VRR it's not an issue.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Don't forget both are also "racist". We are monsters.
Ah right right. God forbid the different areas have different cultural makeups which might make things less diverse in any one medieval town (what they seemed to hate in FF16)

I dunno if you've watched the Wheel of Time show on Amazon but it makes a village look like the LA airport to avoid whitewashing while making absolutely no sense for a medieval setting lol

Meanwhile FF16 dlc just had a different village where there's dark skinned people so I bet that whole "controversy" feels even sillier now

Back on this game though lol I'm loving the Mountain Peony and Orca Exploration outfits personally (version 1.0 of course)

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Can't believe how the game keeps one-upping itself throwing one epic totally unique boss fight after another, Spire 4 legit left my jaw on the floor... and it's somehow not the end of it.

I think the reason a lot of the open world may feel somewhat underwhelming is because the main mission campaign is just shocking good an easy GOTY material.

Looking at the bestiary I'm almost at the finale, I'll be back when I'm done.

Top Bottom