• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade will have 3 graphics modes - Performance, Resolution and Balanced Modes

saintjules

You also mentioned that you were able to make Stellar Blade thanks to the PlayStation 5. How do you plan to use the console's features in the game? Will there perhaps even be a performance mode and a quality mode?

Kim: The game was created in 60 FPS, so the performance mode allows you to experience very smooth action, even in 4K. We also definitely use the features of the DualSense, the feedback and vibrations as well as the adaptive triggers that can be used in TPS mode. The gamepad's touchpad is also used.

“Stellar Blade” will offer three different graphics modes.
Lee: To go into a little more detail about the graphics modes the game will utilize; there are three in total:

1. A performance mode that we have already mentioned that offers 60 FPS so that you can experience a very pleasant gameplay
  2. There is also a resolution mode where you can enjoy the game in 4K
  3. And there is a Balanced mode in which we find a balance between the two previous modes

Last edited:

MikeM

Wonder if balanced is an “up to 60fps” mode which would be great for the future Pro. Either way, sounds like 60fps was the dev target which is great.

Kilau

I just want Butt Mode.

1630424972596-e-dqassxeagombh.jpeg

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
What a joke.

Make 1 mode. Deliver it how YOU want us to experience it. Make that 1 mode undeniable. I want to play the game how you want it to be played

Now all 3 modes will have issues and be less impressive than they should be. Book it.

Last edited:

Skifi28

What a joke.

Make 1 mode. Deliver it how YOU want us to experience it. Make that 1 mode undeniable. I want to play the game how you want it to be played

Now all 3 modes will have issues and be less impressive than they should be. Book it.
If they delivered us one mode with 60fps you'd be complaining how the game is not 30fps. Even you don't know what you want, so giving options to please everyone else is the best choice.

Last edited:

Represent.

If they delivered us one mode with 60fps you'd be complaining how the game is not 30fps. Even you don't know what you want, so giving options to please everyone else is for the best.
Yes I would complain, because I think 60fps is not suitable for console games.

However the VAST majority would not give a shit if there was only 1 mode. Look at COD. 1 mode. No options. Never any issues with performance or visuals. Every single year. Great graphics still. Great performance. They deliver the game THEY want you to play. And they make that mode undeniably great.

Everyone else aside from Insomniac who deliver a bizillion options never get any of them running perfectly. Their performance mode looks like absolute shit, 720p trash. Their fidelity mode is undercooked, both modes are underpolished. Its very rare they do get it right.

Go_Ly_Dow

Would be great if this is a 40fps mode.
What a joke.

Why are you always so angry? :messenger_savoring:

Last edited:

Represent.

What the hell are you talking about, COD has 60 and 120hz modes.
We're talking about Fidelity and Performance mode options.. There is no "fidelity" mode aka 30fps in COD. 120 is for a very select people with certain TV's.
Why are you always so angry? :messenger_savoring:
Because this industry pisses me off :messenger_angry:
greed, bad decisions, milking,
i need to voice my anger in case Jim Ryan is reading

Last edited:

Skifi28

Yes I would complain, because I think 60fps is not suitable for console games.

However the VAST majority would not give a shit if there was only 1 mode. Look at COD. 1 mode. No options. Never any issues with performance or visuals. Every single year. Great graphics still. Great performance. They deliver the game THEY want you to play. And they make that mode undeniably great.

Everyone else aside from Insomniac who deliver a bizillion options never get any of them running perfectly. Their performance mode looks like absolute shit, 720p trash. Their fidelity mode is undercooked, both modes are underpolished. Its very rare they do get it right.
COD does have options, you can go for 120fps. Some devs messing up their modes or having 10 different bad ones for no reason doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Until we have an ultra powerful console that can do everything at once, you give people options. Bad devs will find a way to ruin a single mode too.

Unlike you, I don't hate those that prefer different options than me and wish them a terrible experience, so I just don't see the issue here. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Last edited:

intbal

Does anyone know of a console game, from any era, any platform, that provides user-configurable settings like you'd get in a PC game, instead of developer-chosen "modes"?
Just curious.

Go_Ly_Dow

We're talking about Fidelity and Performance mode options.. 120 is for a very select people with certain TV's.

Right, but how is making 3 modes, greed, a bad decision or milking? Wouldn't it make sense to judge the final result?

I get the feeling 2nd and 3rd party games bother you for some reason, just because they're not spending 8 years on graphics like the 1st party studios. This is based of previous sentiment you've shared.

Papa_Wisdom

I'm not sure. It could be PC because I know Sony censors their versions od DoA Xtreme.
Ahh I have the game and PSVR but haven’t played it enough to unlock pole dancing scenes if that’s part of it (I don’t know if there even in it) perhaps a bit more research is needed. 😉

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

Represent.

. double post.

edit: ok I guess not, my post was a double post and the first one suddenly vanished. leaving me with no response. Im too lazy to type all that shit again

Last edited:

Senua

We're talking about Fidelity and Performance mode options.. There is no "fidelity" mode aka 30fps in COD. 120 is for a very select people with certain TV's.

Because 30fps CoD is garbage. CoD3 on PS3 was vomit inducing

Top Bottom