• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Are people still bullish on FB after the Apple IOS privacy changes, where I’ve read the majority of users are opting out of ad tracking, which a big source of profit for FB? I have most of my 403b in the fidelity contrafund whose biggest holding is FB

Any guesstimates on how much of a correction there will be when the Fed raises rates?
Judging by how overvalued everything is I'd guess 30-40% for the initial dip then who knows after that. The market is way overdue for a correction but the stimulus is gonna keep it going for a while longer. The buffet indicator is at an all time high (which doesn't even include all the money in crypto), the Shiller PE ratio is approaching 40 and margin debt is getting insanely high. When this thing falls its gonna be a rough for a lot of people, how soon it happens all depends on how high inflation gets.

CloudNull

Banned
Is the naked short theory going on around AMC legit? Is the ceiling really unquantifiable because no one knows the depth of the naked shorts?

I just did a deep dive on naked shorts and it’s extremely fucked. How do funds get busted or proven than they are doing naked shorting?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
tenor.gif

Is the naked short theory going on around AMC legit? Is the ceiling really unquantifiable because no one knows the depth of the naked shorts?

I just did a deep dive on naked shorts and it’s extremely fucked. How do funds get busted or proven than they are doing naked shorting?
Aye, I just watched a video on naked shorts by Trey's Trades'. The dude has been recently cyber attacked by the powers that be, in the middle of an interview no less. This is getting juicy..

Last edited:

They will get busted with the share count. Its pretty obvious as of now, billions of shares being traded on dark pool and the regular market.
They are returning otc shares, while hedging calls to make it look like they are covering their shorts, this is clearly false, and why Ortex data didnt match Ihor data.

Even as the squeeze happens and we have a share count, we will probably never know how deep this whole thing goes, but if the sharecount reveals 1B shares or more, the floor will be incredibly high, and its pretty irrelevant if people hold or not.

Naked shorting is a 250T$ problem worldwide and needs to be adressed asap. You shouldnt be able to short over 20% of the total float, but this isnt attractive to HF, because you can only win 100% if the company goes bankrupt, but if you have synthetic shares there is no ceiling to their earnings, and they apply negative pressure on the stock.

Last edited:
Judging by how overvalued everything is I'd guess 30-40% for the initial dip then who knows after that. The market is way overdue for a correction but the stimulus is gonna keep it going for a while longer. The buffet indicator is at an all time high (which doesn't even include all the money in crypto), the Shiller PE ratio is approaching 40 and margin debt is getting insanely high. When this thing falls its gonna be a rough for a lot of people, how soon it happens all depends on how high inflation gets.
Between the selling Buffett and Gates have been doing and everything you just listed I'm holding off on buying anything for a while. I'll keep adding to my IRA as I can but I'm just going to watch from the sidelines in my taxable accounts and let the dividends do the adding for now.

Between the selling Buffett and Gates have been doing and everything you just listed I'm holding off on buying anything for a while. I'll keep adding to my IRA as I can but I'm just going to watch from the sidelines in my taxable accounts and let the dividends do the adding for now.
If you want my opinion I don't think you have anything to worry about this year. My original prediction was 2023 for this, I've recently been thinking late 2022 is more likely, but if inflation goes to 6% then I'm thinking mid-early 2022. I think something big has to happen for it to happen in 2021.

If you want my opinion I don't think you have anything to worry about this year. My original prediction was 2023 for this, I've recently been thinking late 2022 is more likely, but if inflation goes to 6% then I'm thinking mid-early 2022. I think something big has to happen for it to happen in 2021.
It's just strange that these guys did so much selling in Q1. I have limited capital right now anyway so I'm not trying to make it out to be a sky is falling scenario, if I see a great deal I'll jump on it. I also thought if a major correction was going to happen we wouldn't see it til early next year at the earliest but with the big boys already making so many bearish moves it's given me a bit of pause.

BigBooper

It's just strange that these guys did so much selling in Q1. I have limited capital right now anyway so I'm not trying to make it out to be a sky is falling scenario, if I see a great deal I'll jump on it. I also thought if a major correction was going to happen we wouldn't see it til early next year at the earliest but with the big boys already making so many bearish moves it's given me a bit of pause.
Not sure if you can completely follow their moves because they probably have a lot of tax considerations affecting their decisions too. I'd guess you can assume they think what they were in will fall and what they've moved into will rise, or at least fall less, but I don't think you can necessarily read into when that will happen in the short term. I think you could safely say they expect it before the end of 2022, because those are the tax years affected.

Last edited:
Not sure if you can completely follow their moves because they probably have a lot of tax considerations affecting their decisions too. I'd guess you can assume they think what they were in will fall and what they've moved into will rise, or at least fall less, but I don't think you can necessarily read into when that will happen in the short term. I think you could safely say they expect it before the end of 2022, because those are the tax years affected.
You're totally right. It's just that when Warren "Hold Forever" Buffett starts selling large stakes and a good friend of his in Gates does the same it gets me nervous.

Any GME bag holders at 300? U got some balls.

One of my friends got into GME during the 1st squeeze, I think he payed 290$, I told him to wait, for the first day in months hes in profit on GME. He had AMC as well at 14$, but with the recent surge hes several xxx% up by now.

You only lose when you sell, I kept telling him that if the squeeze was squoozen then GME wouldnt hold 150-200$ for months.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
High of almost $25 today.

All the attention seems to be on that now as the next short squeeze play. Triple the volume of AMC so far today so the attention looks to be shifting.
Shit. Too late. I'm not diving in. At $19 now. These damn meme stocks rocket up too fast. Unless it's a super prolonged upward swing, you got to get in on it within 24 hrs or the boat already left the dock.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I just day trade 'em. Set the stops tight and ride the rocket. The market is in easy money mode again for day traders.
Aside from Nokia flipping in Jan, I dont day trade. Although during these weird runs the past half year I might do a flip during the same week.

I didn't even know Clover hit $25 till you told me and I checked. Was in a boring conf call for 90 mins in the morn and wasnt watching my watchlist.

You making good money on this stuff? I've flipped Nokia and BB a few times. Also got lucky on Michaels stores buy out which I bought due to high short ratio, but they ended up getting bought. lol

Hope you and everyone is making good cash. Been a great 6 months for anyone with balls to dive into meme stocks.

GHG

Aside from Nokia flipping in Jan, I dont day trade. Although during these weird runs the past half year I might do a flip during the same week.

I didn't even know Clover hit $25 till you told me and I checked. Was in a boring conf call for 90 mins in the morn and wasnt watching my watchlist.

You making good money on this stuff? I've flipped Nokia and BB a few times. Also got lucky on Michaels stores buy out which I bought due to high short ratio, but they ended up getting bought. lol

Hope you and everyone is making good cash. Been a great 6 months for anyone with balls to dive into meme stocks.

The last week or so has been great for me personally but you need to be sat at your computer for at least a few hours at a time undistracted for it to be worth it.

I have my charts set up to trade on a combination of RSI and slow stochastic (both in oversold = buy and sell when it breaks under overbought) and it's been working great on AMC, WKHS along with CLOV today. Anything on the WSB/reddit hit list has been a prime target for this.

In the last couple of weeks I've spent about an hour pre market mapping out key support/resistance points for the things I anticipate trading so that I'm clear on my entry/exit/stop points dependant on how it's moving. The stocks require heavy volume for it to work though, if there's no volume it's a crap shoot and a gap down can kill you. That's why the last week has been so good, the volume has really been flowing in to a lot of stocks in the $10-$50 range.

Any profits I'm making I'm just putting straight in to any dividend stocks in my portfolio if they are in my "buy range", the rest I'm just holding on to until the next dip in the market.

Edit:

This is a great YT channel to check out for day trading tips/techniques:

Their market open show is fantastic as well.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The last week or so has been great for me personally but you need to be sat at your computer for at least a few hours at a time undistracted for it to be worth it.

I have my charts set up to trade on a combination of RSI and slow stochastic (both in oversold = buy and sell when it breaks under overbought) and it's been working great on AMC, WKHS along with CLOV today. Anything on the WSB/reddit hit list has been a prime target for this.

In the last couple of weeks I've spent about an hour pre market mapping out key support/resistance points for the things I anticipate trading so that I'm clear on my entry/exit/stop points dependant on how it's moving. The stocks require heavy volume for it to work though, if there's no volume it's a crap shoot and a gap down can kill you. That's why the last week has been so good, the volume has really been flowing in to a lot of stocks in the $10-$50 range.

Any profits I'm making I'm just putting straight in to any dividend stocks in my portfolio if they are in my "buy range", the rest I'm just holding on to until the next dip in the market.

Edit:

This is a great YT channel to check out for day trading tips/techniques:

Their market open show is fantastic as well.
My portfolio has been edging higher. And though I'll still dabble with weird stuff like Trivago again and LSPD, I've been shifting winnings to 3-5% dividend stocks. I've never had so many stocks yielding about 4%.

Some of these high yield stocks were jackpots if you got in during covid meltdown. Amazing if you got in at the low, some I tracked would had paid 15-20% yield and they continued paying it out the whole time. Missed out.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

My portfolio has been edging higher. And though I'll still dabble with weird stuff like Trivago again and LSPD, I've been shifting winnings to 3-5% dividend stocks. I've never had so many stocks yielding about 4%.

Some of these high yield stocks were jackpots if you got in during covid meltdown. Amazing if you got in at the low, some I tracked would had paid 15-20% yield and they continued paying it out the whole time. Missed out.

Yeh everyone was focused on the growth stocks moving up last year after the crash but it's a lot of the dividend stocks that have outperformed (if you take into account the dividend payments as well). And best of all, they haven't been subject to the pullbacks growth has witnessed in the last 2 months so they continue to print.

I wish I got in on a few of these earlier but hey, better late than never.

I've been trying to trick myself into becoming a TSLA bull, since I do like some aspects of Tesla's business.
Simply put, I don't like Elon. I don't like Zuckerberg . Don't like Chamath, but as I'm typing I'm seeing SOFI jumping alittle.
If I liked the guy, I'd take a deeper look, but when their business presentation rubs me the wrong way, I just can't bother looking into it.
SOFI isn't run by Chamath but him being involved with the spac made me overlook it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Rock and rolling. Up anther 1%. That's now about 16-17% gain in 3 weeks. Hoping Trivago keeps going and catches a meme ride like in Jan when it hit $5.50ish. +3% in two days. Already set a sell price at $5 flat.

Gonna grab some fried chicken at dinner for the 6.30 hockey game!

Last edited:
Careful with Clove, its owned by citadel and a clear distraction, they pump it to get liquidity and then a rug pull follows, its also mostly owned by institutions, not retail traders.

6mq14hz1m4471.png

They are trying to pass the same narrative as AMC, GME or BB, but it really isnt.

Last edited:

Relativ9

Been researching a lot about the "blue revolution" lately, and the growing need we will have for sustainable "green" agriculture with a our rampant population growth, so I decided to invest some in Salmar (SALM.OL) this morning (after a privemant placement dropped the value by 50NOK) since they are one of the few doing offshore salmon farming with a high degree of automated systems (which drastically cuts down on environmental degradation and increases feed to hervastable protein efficiency). It's definitely a long hold, could even be 10+ years, but I like the growth potential in the salmon farming industry.

GHG

AMC falling as there are new short squeeze toys everywhere, zero loyalty in this game.

Looks like CLNE, CLOV, CLVS, FSR, WKHS will be some of the main runners today.

This is nuts.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Poor RadioShack. If they could have just held on for a few more years perhaps Musk and roaring kitty would be tweeting their praises.

So far, the meme stocks seem to be trying to play against short sellers. You don't see a lot of short action against a "blue chip" dividend payer, because anyone shorting it would have to pay the dividend while they were short.

Top Bottom