• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stormgate - The RTS Genre Saved?

Corian33

Stormgate, an RTS made by many of the same people who brought you Starcraft 1/2 and Warcraft 3, will be free-to-play eventually but just started a Kickstarter that guarantees access to the beta starting in Feb 2024 (plus additional content that will presumably cost money later).

I’m really excited for this game. It looks like it could be the new competitive RTS experience I’ve been looking for. It’s also got coop modes, single player campaign, custom matches a la WC3. Just watch the video, these guys want to give the people what we’ve been begging for. Anyone else looking forward to this one?

Also, here’s 4 hours of actual gameplay:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I backed this, its alright certainly feels like some mod map for Starcraft.

The coop mode is interesting but I hope that won't just be it, Starcraft 2 did a very good job of making multiple map typed with varied objectives. At the moment the current commander just plays like the defualt faction, I'm hoping for some extreme deviation in what the loads out are in future.

Ivan

I just tried it, It looks visually terrible to a point I can't be bothered with it. The most generic thing I've ever seen. That mobile game aesthetics, my god...

StueyDuck

i was in some closed test for this game and then they wanted me to signup to some chinese thing and it was an instant turn off.

don't sleep on Tempest rising, the AI in the demo was pretty stupid but if they can tighten that up it will be excellent

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Is this going to appeal to a fresh crowd of teen boys to bring new players to the genre, or is it going to appeal to 40-year-old people with IT jobs and not much time to play it?

sigmaZ

Stormgate, an RTS made by many of the same people who brought you Starcraft 1/2 and Warcraft 3, will be free-to-play eventually but just started a Kickstarter that guarantees access to the beta starting in Feb 2024 (plus additional content that will presumably cost money later).

I’m really excited for this game. It looks like it could be the new competitive RTS experience I’ve been looking for. It’s also got coop modes, single player campaign, custom matches a la WC3. Just watch the video, these guys want to give the people what we’ve been begging for. Anyone else looking forward to this one?

Also, here’s 4 hours of actual gameplay:

Son. We have Starcraft at home.

hlm666

Tried this demo yesterday, didn't grab me. I had jumped from homeworld 3 demo to this though and I was eager to get back that so only lasted ~30 minutes. Loved starcraft 1&2 and warcaft 1 through 3 so will give it another look in the future but I think beyond all reason interests me more. Homeworld 3 is promising though.

Hudo

I played it. Found it to be StarCraft but worse in all aspects. And given that I am not the biggest fan of StarCraft anyway, it's not going to be something for me. But I wish them well, RTS needs to come back.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I know the demographic is StarCraft and RTS fans in general, but this just isn’t it.

This doesn’t have that Age 2, SC1&2, or Warcraft 3 staying power.

I hope for their sake this game is 3+ years out because this is not the new RTS e sport bastion they are wanting it to be.

amigastar

The environment graphics look so lame and boring in Stormgate. From ex Blizzard devs i expect more.
Anyways, Ouch:

Last edited:
Top Bottom