• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Straight women have fewest orgasms, according to new study

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that lesbians have much higher rates means it's mostly on men, though. Maybe if there wasn't a stigma against female masturbation more women would know how to get off.

I definitely believe there's less stigma about personal sexual exploration among lesbian women, than straight women.

The patriarchy has made the hetero normative people thinking that sex is about a man fucking and a women being fucked.

Prologue

My gf use to orgasm a lot more until the last 5-6 months, despite her initiating sex more than me. Its getting a bit frustrating to be honest. Makes me wonder if i'm the problem. She does seem to be stressed out a lot with work and her current circumstances though.

ZOONAMI

100% of the time? My girlfriend and I are pretty frank with each other, which I love, and she's pretty clear that she never "enjoys" sucking dick, but does it because she knows I like it.

Well yeah, that's what I'm saying, posters were saying going down isn't their favorite thing for reasons, my point is, so what?

DBT85

Regarding neck/jawlock, get her on her back with her butt on the edge of the bed and kneel on the floor. Access all areas and a comfortable position.

I have a bit of an interesting situation. My wife is one of the "no sex till marriage" people, so we were together for about 7 years before we had sex. Note, we met when we were 14, so that's fine and it's not a big deal to me anymore. (boy was it tough ride!) We compromised on the night we got engaged, and consummated the relationship.

Anyway, fast forward to today (married 2 years and together for 10) and unfortunately my wife has never had an orgasm (I am her first, and she is mine), and she doesn't allow me to go down on her anymore. Apparently I'm terrible, and I've tried all the tricks (ABC's, 123's, focusing on the pleasure center, nothing worked, or even felt remotely good to her, or so she said.) Needless to say, we are in vanilla town for the rest of our lives.

Luckily, she is an excellent person, I love her dearly, and we have our firstborn on the way, but our sex life is depressing, and nowhere near the focus of our relationship.

Perhaps things will change in a few years.

As someone who's first marriage broke down in large part down to sex, for fuck sake, don't hope it'll get better. Be proactive in trying to make it so. Relaxation and being comfortable are good places to start.

With a little one on the way you're likely to have even less time for each other.

Shredderi

I have a bit of an interesting situation. My wife is one of the "no sex till marriage" people, so we were together for about 7 years before we had sex. Note, we met when we were 14, so that's fine and it's not a big deal to me anymore. (boy was it tough ride!) We compromised on the night we got engaged, and consummated the relationship.

Anyway, fast forward to today (married 2 years and together for 10) and unfortunately my wife has never had an orgasm (I am her first, and she is mine), and she doesn't allow me to go down on her anymore. Apparently I'm terrible, and I've tried all the tricks (ABC's, 123's, focusing on the pleasure center, nothing worked, or even felt remotely good to her, or so she said.) Needless to say, we are in vanilla town for the rest of our lives.

Luckily, she is an excellent person, I love her dearly, and we have our firstborn on the way, but our sex life is depressing, and nowhere near the focus of our relationship.

Gongratz for the upcoming baby! That being said, with my current wisdom I would never hold off sex till marriage etc. Sexual chemistry is very important and one of the first things that should be explored in a relationship IMO.

Platy

Oh man, so she's either at 66% or 86%! We need answers Blizzard

http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Tracer

Overwatch's doctors and scientists were stumped, and Tracer's case seemed hopeless until a scientist named Winston designed the chronal accelerator, a device capable of keeping Tracer anchored in the present. In addition, it gave Tracer the ability to control her own time, allowing her to speed it up and slow it down at will. With her newfound skills, she became one of Overwatch's most effective agents.

I am betting way more than 86% xD

Media

Never had oral sex that was worth anything. :/ Only have had my husband try though, so maybe he sucks at it/I have too many hangups to enjoy it.

I'd say I get off about 75% of the time when we have sex. That 25% is mostly me just saying fuck it and getting him off because I'm too tired to work for my own.

Makonero

It might be a mental hangup. In the Christian circles I've run in, it's not that uncommon for a woman to have mental blocks around sex which keep her from enjoying it. I'd recommend some kind of sex therapy or some books about how to enjoy sex. Good luck.

Rayis

I've eaten ass and is literally nothing, so the fact some guys won't even eat vagina is ridiculous, I'd eat vagina and I ain't even into it, just to prove a point.

Had this same problem with my wife (religious upbringing strikes again) and I encouraged her to start looking into masterbation more. She thought the idea was gross and embarrassing, but I was really supportive and didn't push her too hard. Got a few books about women discovering it for themselves to help with the stigma, tried a few toys (she only cares for vibrators, especially the Hitachi wand), and over a long time it started to work. Before, no matter what I did, nothing worked and I have made others orgasm in the past without too much difficulty, so I knew it wasn't just me. At first only vibrators worked, but now I can pretty easily do the job with fingers and oral. Sometimes it happens so fast it's crazy to think that we used to struggle so much.

Orgasms don't usually just happen without some form of encouragement. People really do need to learn which muscles to strain or relax and positions that work and that's pretty tricky to have someone else find for you. A lot of people discover it naturally growing up, but some parents just shut that exploration down. It's tricky to move beyond that kind of programming, but if your wife has an open mind, you can usually work past it.

Shadybiz

My gf use to orgasm a lot more until the last 5-6 months, despite her initiating sex more than me. Its getting a bit frustrating to be honest. Makes me wonder if i'm the problem. She does seem to be stressed out a lot with work and her current circumstances though.

Best thing you can do is to be patient. Work stress is likely the culprit, as you mentioned. If she senses that you're frustrated, it's likely to make her MORE stressed and more unlikely to orgasm.

Regarding neck/jawlock, get her on her back with her butt on the edge of the bed and kneel on the floor. Access all areas and a comfortable position.

100%. In my old age of 37, I have started to lock up easier. The edge of the bed trick makes everything easier.

daffy

Banned
To be fair, alot of straight women don't talk about what pleases them with their mates. I mean you look at guys ITT, they can't help but do it and we're not even fucking each other. You dont really see this from straight girls in my experience. We know why, society makes it shameful to openly talk about female pleasure, but still. I'd say communication is key all around.

Mesousa

Banned
Gotta learn how to do it, lol. My GF's have loved me for it. Converted 3 of them in a row now. They were never really into it before meeting me *kappa*

Eating them out properly turns me on, love to pleasure that pussy.

You guys gotta believe in that mission!

Nah My girlfriend isnt with it either. Really just think its a clean issue with her mentally. She doesnt want me kissing her with the same mouth I have down there. She doesnt go for that.

Media

Uhhhh...Okay.

I mean, he's not wrong.

I'm not even religious and I didn't even masturbate until recently. I never could get myself off. It's amazing I have orgasms as all considering the shame I felt for having sex in the first place.
Nah My girlfriend isnt with it either. Really just think its a clean issue with her mentally. She doesnt want me kissing her with the same mouth I have down there. She doesnt go for that.
I'm the same way. 'My pussy is gross, so you going down on me is gross, why would you do that aghhhhhhh'

I know it's just how I was raised, it's not actually gross, but I still can't shake it.

Soriku

Yeah I have encountered quite a few casual sex situations where the woman does not want to be gone down on, it's strange imo. I think it's sort of a comfort thing and it is quite intimate, but at the same time they aren't afraid of doing the same for me. It doesn't really make sense.

My girl doesn't get much from oral or rubbing her clit, she says it tickles. She does better with a vibrator but it eventually tickles and she stops before she gets an orgasm, although she says she's satisfied.

I just do a lot of touching, caressing and kissing and she gets really wet from that, then she can lose her mind from penetration.

I actually suggest to her to use condoms sometimes so I can last longer. Then I take it off at some point unless I come with a condom (she's on birth control btw).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
My ex cried for an hour when I accidentally slipped out of the vagina in missionary and slammed into her asshole without lubrication. It sounded like she had been torn apart, limb by limb.

Spat out my drink reading this. Oh my god. :lol

Never had oral sex that was worth anything. :/ Only have had my husband try though, so maybe he sucks at it/I have too many hangups to enjoy it.

I'd say I get off about 75% of the time when we have sex. That 25% is mostly me just saying fuck it and getting him off because I'm too tired to work for my own.

tell your husband to read this thread for expert tips

FyreWulff

In my experience there's definitely two forms of Os, what I call the "warm fuzzy" ones and the "mechanical" ones, the one you get when your body basically forces you to have one.. When partners give oral it activates the lock out for me, but if they keep at it then they'll trigger a mechanical one.

It's not like straight women and gay women aren't being raised in roughly similar situations, though. So I'm willing to bet the bigger factor here is communication, rather than "society tells me I'm not allowed to get off," otherwise how do those lesbians have sex without being themselves up for such unnatural sex?
Partners of the same sex, even without saying so, probably understand techniques that wouldn't be pleasurable, just from understanding their own anatomy. There've been a few times where I wanted to say, "Why would you think biting it would feel good?" or "Are you trying to tear it off?"

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Thank you to all the no going down, too little foreplay and otherwise selfish dudes out there.

You make me look even better.

Not fair to really blame it on the men. I've had some girls who just take forever or just don't at all no matter how good the game is. Never mind, men are lazy bastards.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I know lots too!

But we're gay so... :p

I'm a little curious about that homosexual men statistic. I mean, sure sometimes you won't but in my experience usually we both do. Not really surprised to see oral being more necessary though. Sometimes you're just not... going in balls deep so to speak.
I've heard more stories from gay men of a partner doing something to them that their partner thought was fun, and being oblivious to the fact that it bored/turned off/hurt the other than I've ever heard similar stories from straight men about women.

I think this article, if it's true, just goes to show that men aren't very good at taking cues from their partner and making sure everybody is having a good time.

To all the fellas who can't please their women:

tumblr_nm8gfxkv0R1rl4n0yo1_400.gif

Its not always the dudes fault, guys

Some women dead fish or are distracted and can't get into things or when giving to their partner they just half ass all efforts.

Shit happens both ways.

Its usually just a lot more common for women to complain of men's inability to provide an orgasm due to the complexity of giving women an orgasm. Men's orgasms are pretty straight forward (most anyway) so you don't hear as many stories but those stories do still exist despite not often hearing them.

Its not always the dudes fault, guys

Some women dead fish or are distracted and can't get into things or when giving to their partner they just half ass all efforts.

Shit happens both ways.

Its usually just a lot more common for women to complain of men's inability to provide an orgasm due to the complexity of giving women an orgasm. Men's orgasms are pretty straight forward (most anyway) so you don't hear as many stories but those stories do still exist despite not often hearing them.

Well yeah each individual instance varries but there's a 21% drop between gay women and straight women... so I think it's fair to say men play a significant role here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom