• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranded Ps3 games that could really benefit from a ps4/5 remaster?

Umbasaborne

Banned
In my excitement for the upcoming ratchet and clank into the nexus, i started to feel nostalgic for the future games from the ps3. I loved them back in the 2000’s and early 2010’s, but since i no longer have a ps3 the most i could do was watch video reviews and retrospectives. From an art style perspective, tools of destruction, a crack in time, and into the nexus really hold up. I feel like they would benefit greatly from native 4k support at 60 fps. Other games that would really benefit from the new hardware are killzone 2 and three, infamous 1 and 2, 3d dot game hero, god of war ascension, and the puppeteer. What other ps3 games could still look amazing with a bump to resolution and frame rate?

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Yeah the PS3 Ratchet trilogy would be amazing in 4K, and even though it has a 60hz output it always drops to 40s or even 30s when you blow up loads of guys at once (Something you hardly ever do in R&C games, oh wait...) or just generally have a lot of transparencies on screen so locked 60 would be great too.

God of War Ascension could look amazeballs as well yeah, it already looked like an early PS4 game, IQ-wise.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Persona 4 Ultimax, though some of the roster did get ported to BB Cross Tag Battle Whatever. If I had my wish, I would take a true sequel that includes some P5 characters, but a port of P4U is enough.

ACESHIGH

Banned
A pc port you mean?

Mgs4 is the elephant in the room for sure. But Konami had to sign that exclusivity deal with Sony back in the day...The game is basically a ps3 ad.

RPCS3 is improving by the minute so at least a lot of these stranded games should be playable there. I beat demon's souls at 4k that way.

Last edited:
Can I also include ps2 games?
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy
Xenosaga Trilogy
Onimusha 2 and 3,
The Lord of the Rings the War in the North
Dragon Age Origins
Tales of Xillia 1 and 2

I want these games in 4k so bad.

also from other systems
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 plus
Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the cursed king (don't care about the DS version, small screens hurt my eyes and neck.)
Marvel vs Capcom 2. I really miss this game

unrealistic dream: KOTOR 1 and 2, Jade Empire, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, ported to Sony/Nintendo consoles.
Castlevania Order of Ecclessia and Portait of Ruin now on Switch.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Drakengurd 3
Drakengard 3
Absolutely this!!!
434519-drakengard-3-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg

I LOVED this game but performance was pure shit!

Soodanim

Shadows of the Damned, hopefully with some graphics options to tweak some of the obviously PS3 gen visual effects.
maxresdefault.jpg

Umbasaborne

Banned
Can I also include ps2 games?
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy
Xenosaga Trilogy
Onimusha 2 and 3,
The Lord of the Rings the War in the North
Dragon Age Origins
Tales of Xillia 1 and 2

I want these games in 4k so bad.

also from other systems
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 plus
Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the cursed king (don't care about the DS version, small screens hurt my eyes and neck.)
Marvel vs Capcom 2. I really miss this game

unrealistic dream: KOTOR 1 and 2, Jade Empire, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, ported to Sony/Nintendo consoles.
Castlevania Order of Ecclessia and Portait of Ruin now on Switch.
For sure, i hate that the only way to play jak and daxter on ps5 are the hideous ps4 upscales. I wish those games got native 4k support with cleaned up textures. The ps3 collection was good in this regard

wvnative

nfs the run? Thats interesting, usually not one of the nfs games brought up when talking about the good ones. Im glad you enjoyed it though!

I like the idea of something more action focused as an experiment, this is like a COD campaign with cars, but also go look at the pc version maxed, it's pretty too

Last edited:

Shakka43

I'd love to play the Motorstorm games at higher res/60fps. RPCS3 can't run them properly yet but the few times it does the games look fantastic.

SkylineRKR

Quite a bit actually.

Motorstorm trilogy
MGS4
Infamous 1 and 2
Resistance trilogy
MG Rising
Killzone 2
Puppeteer
RC Future trilogy
ICO, why not

Im annoyed Arkham Origins is stuck on ps3, why do they hate this game

Because Rocksteady knows its better than Arkham Knight.

Kupfer

L1Oc9j3.jpg

Rp7bnX2.jpg

These games where great, over the top coop fun.
I'd love to replay these two, either split screen or system link / online coop.
Sidequestion, does PS5 has system link?

Last edited:

Mokus

Grand Theft Auto IV and Red Dead Redemption. Both are sub 720p games on PS3.
And every open world game would benefit greatly from being ported to PS4/5: better resolution, frame rate, draw distance...

Umbasaborne

Banned
This thread finally got me to try out ps now on my ps5, i played a few hours of ratchet a crack in time and killzone 2. They look blurrier than i remember, idk if its just because of the low res they ran at on ps3 or the streaming quality, but they felt totally fine and playable, i had a great time.

i was skeptical of streaming video games, but with the right connection its a totally servicable way to play something, especially stuff that isnt widely availible like ps3 games

Last edited:

NahaNago

I really would like a infamous remaster or remake since I never played them. Do i even care about remasters? I will pass.. unless it is a remake of old games I can't say I really care about remasters.

Stranded. Heh. Its kinda interesting how some people seemed to have steadfastly decry the 7th gen wasn't "all that good" yet are asking to have a bulk of it remastered or remade in some fashion.

I mean, hey, if you enjoy rebuying the same games over and over again then, by all means, more power to you. Quite frankly, this is also why Sony's decision to not engineer fully BC PS5s was intentionally or unintentionally short sighted. I really don't get why some people championed Sony's choice on this. It would've given a stronger incentive for people to actually lookup and revisit the 7th gen and check out what they've missed out on. I'd bet my shorts that the most of you totally glanced over/skipped some fairly fun and decent games from that gen. But, then again, what do I know. /shrug

Something like PAIN is way too edgy and politically incorrect for modern Sony. It's content would likely go through a complete revision for modern sensitives.

Last edited:
Top Bottom