• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I would accept a Season 2 story mode that was basically just Zangief and R. Mika traveling the world on a quest for Muscle Spirit, especially if we got to see Zangief block random shit with his pectorals.

MrCarter

Have you looked at Ken's v-trigger moves or Dhalsim's regular move set? ^_^

Ken is one of my fave SF characters ever but I think having a new fire type would be cool too. Might be too much though, because as you mentioned, Dhalsim has that too.

Gill's fire and ice gimmick would likely behave the same way that SF3 did.

Yep, however since he gave Kolin his ice powers it's unlikely he'll be in this roster. Either way they will need to heavily balance his moveset due to being OP in 3rd Strike.

If it ever happens I hope they include the blue or red flame depending on which side's hand or foot he uses for the attack.

Now that would be slick.

It's STREET FIGHTER 5's Story mode, literally 1 year later.

Why are you all using spoilers?

Because
Gill.

HardRojo

Lol, someone from my local community despises Abigail and is accusing Capcom of paying influencers to use him on their channels so that his popularity increases. Seems like he can't handle the 180 several people had regarding the character after more info was made available.

Ryce

Season 2 trials make me feel like shit, shittier than the season 1 stuff anyways.
I don't know how Capcom expects the average gamer to have any hope at completing most of the trials.

That reminds me... I still haven't completed story mode on the extra difficulty setting. I couldn't even beat the first opponent.

MCD250

The good content.

U6XnI3r_d.jpg

JusDoIt

I don't know how Capcom expects the average gamer to have any hope at completing most of the trials.

That reminds me... I still haven't completed story mode on the extra difficulty setting. I couldn't even beat the first opponent.

They can't win. SFV's reputation is being too dumbed down with no way for high level players to show off their technical skill. But they put some harder trials in the game and now it's hopeless for the average gamer.

Nephtes

It only gets worse... Like when they make you take on Necalli as Dhalsim and you're only used to playing as fast moving characters like Ibuki and Karin. D:

The computer opponent is merciless on the extra difficulty.
The game has like 0 middle ground in difficulty. It's either sub-scrub tier or input-reading demigod...

Xeteh

Oh my girl Makoto. She has one of the best female designs (and movesets) in not only SF but in all of FG's in existence.

She needs to return.

She probably will, her and Sagat have too many people clamoring for their return. I tried to play her when I got in to SFIV (first fighting game since either Tekken 3 or Soul Calibur) and her slow movespeed just turned me off immediately, I didn't make use of her dash at all.

It doesn't help that I'm a moron, I straight up have to fight my stupidity to finish some of these because I just press the wrong shit for no reason. Fuck timing, stupidity is hard to overcome.

Zackat

I was gonna say. Didn't we have all those ripped for free yesterday?

I sure as fuck made a ton of avatars from those yesterday

Oh my girl Makoto. She has one of the best female designs (and movesets) in not only SF but in all of FG's in existence.

Makoto3s-stance.gif

%28makotot%29.gif

%28makotohayate%29.gif

She needs to return.
Yeah, it's unfortunate that I took so hard to her because I kind of expect that level of restraint in the characters I play in SF and like no one else is like that haha.

Here's how to beat bison in (hard) story mode:
Down-back until he has spent his meter, and does something unsafe. Then punish, and go back to down-backing. He never tried to chip me out, and he never threw me, so I won with 1 HP left every time.

However, there are several fights after that one that pulls teeth, including Sim vs Necalli.

Nephtes

So it's the same quality of a story as literally every other video game ever?

... Just... No.
Come on. You want to compare SFV's story/writing in cinematic story mode to BioShock, The Walking Dead, Star Wars KOTOR, Silent Hill 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, or the Last of Us?

Come on.

vulva

... Just... No.
Come on. You want to compare SFV's story/writing in cinematic story mode to BioShock, The Walking Dead, Star Wars KOTOR, Silent Hill 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, or the Last of Us?

Come on.

You're right, at least SFV story didn't take itself as seriously as those ones did. Especially Last of Us and BioShock. Now those are true embarrassments, I can agree with you there.

... Just... No.

Come on.
Taking vulva's opinion on anything non-fighting game related seriously was your first mistake.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Come on now, not you too?

I'm old and cranky. You can't take me too seriously. But me and Vulva are right on this goddammit. You young punks wouldn't know good writing if it bit your dicks off. Excuse my colorful language. I've been reading an interview given by the White House Comm Director.

Odin Sphere had a good story, but it's a rip-off of a German play. Everything else has cool moments and enjoyable characters, but a "good story"? Eh. Not if I'm being critical and honest. They're mostly really basic stuff.

I just assumed people acting like games have good stories was some sort of gaf meme like feed it pizza.

Only half of Americans read a book last year.

I'm old and cranky. You can't take me too seriously. But me and Vulva are right on this goddammit. You young punks wouldn't know good writing if it bit your dicks off. Excuse my colorful language. I've been reading an interview given by the White House Comm Director.
I would honestly recommend people who value story and good writing and believable characters in their games to at least try Yakuza 0.

Vulva isn't gonna like it so that alone should be enough to convince you to give it a shot.

Top Bottom