• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mbpm1

S3 is gonna have big changes, I mean it's not like they haven't done a big update in the past with 4 and this game has even more shit surrounding it. It would be announced at Capcup too, it's not to crazy of a dream

It can have big changes, but only if they think they need big ones.

Does Capcom think there is anything wrong with the game, gameplaywise? They will do things like fix stats and probably online but the gameplay...do we even know if they think anything is wrong?

Not to take sides, but Sneakers said that Q, Necro, Twelve, and Oro were all "in production," and Flowtron has since debunked that.

He didn't debunk that - he said they weren't in S3. And I actually got them reiterated to me 2 weeks ago. There are lots of characters in production. Shit,
Sagat has been playable in some form since at least October of last year
. Just because a character hasn't been released yet or hasn't been rolled into a season doesn't mean they aren't in production to be released at a later point in time.

There are several names i've also heard are in production that aren't on the S3 list - they may never come because development is what it is & things get cancelled & whatnot.

Zackat

Blizzard is killing it lately with HotS. Legitimately the only game with diverse gameplay that's also balanced that I've played recently.

yep, really great support. that game has only been getting better over time. It's in so much better shape than it was at launch.

Blueblur1

Hmm. I wonder if that Sagat bit is true. It would be in line with what I've previously posted. (Florida pro was saying last fall that Akuma and Sagat were coming together. Then when it was only Akuma he was surprised and kept reiterating what he had heard.)

Zackat

Hmm. I wonder if that Sagat bit is true. It would be in line with what I've previously posted. (Florida pro was saying last fall that Akuma and Sagat were coming together. Then when it was only Akuma he was surprised and kept reiterating what he had heard.)

sagat is gonna happen. he is like the #1 most wanted. the fact he has been around for as long as he has been isn't surprising. There had to have been some strategy in place for releasing all these new characters this season. If they do some cool shit and lay out all the nostalgia bombs for people that would be like some god damn catnip

Quick reminder that Boxer was playable by Capcup 2015, despite coming out seven months later.

We all thought he was the first DLC character because of that (at least on GFAQs).

Neoxon

So if Sneakers is on the money in terms of those 4 characters actually being in & aren't in Season 3, how are we gonna get them? Season 4? Freebies for the Super update? The latter would be a big move considering that they fell behind schedule for Ed & Abigail already (though one could argue that they held Abigail back because he'd release too close to EVO, but that's just my 2 cents on the matter).

Lulubop

He didn't debunk that - he said they weren't in S3. And I actually got them reiterated to me 2 weeks ago. There are lots of characters in production. Shit,
Sagat has been playable in some form since at least October of last year
. Just because a character hasn't been released yet or hasn't been rolled into a season doesn't mean they aren't in production to be released at a later point in time.

There are several names i've also heard are in production that aren't on the S3 list - they may never come because development is what it is & things get cancelled & whatnot.

I think you need to be vetted.

Sounds like a cop out, also said sus shit about MvCI like it having a big roster.

Neoxon

I think you need to be vetted.

Sounds like a cop out, also said sus shit about MvCI like it having a big roster.
Is there even a vetting process, now? If I recall, bish isn't a mod, anymore.

I think Ryce was the one who heard about a big roster for MvCI early on, but I guess things change based on what info they get.

So if Sneakers is on the money in terms of those 4 characters actually being in & aren't in Season 3, how are we gonna get them? Season 4? Freebies for the Super update?
Likely the former.

Also it seems the game won't be called Super for S3. It'll be the biggest update it seems, but not a relaunch like we expect.

Neoxon

Likely the former.

Also it seems the game won't be called Super for S3. It'll be the biggest update it seems, but not a relaunch like we expect.
That makes the most sense, especially if the part about Sagat being in a playable state since last October is indeed true. The freebie part was just a thought that came to my mind that would be nice to theorize, despite how unlikely it is. But theoretically, would it matter for Capcom either way since we can earn all of the other characters with Fight Money? I guess you could factor in Character Pass money as potential lost profit by making those 4 free.

As for the update, I think most of us just want a huge update that addresses many of the game's existing issues. If it doubles as a relaunch to scrub off the negative stigma of the game's launch would be icing on the cake.

Blueblur1

Whether it's Season 3 or Season 4 Viper makes a ton of sense. She's the only missing SFIV favorite and is a unique character in terms of gameplay (or was until Necalli).

remz

Step 1.) Write fanfic about current/upcoming games on a forum

Step 2.) When you get exposed as a liar claim "things change during development"

-->Return to step 1

joe2187

Banned
That reminds me about a comment made during the WSO Abigail stream, when they were showing off Abigail on that demo build and they said "There's alot of stuff on this build that we're not allowed to show or talk about to anybody, some really increadible stuff" and then let it drift off.

Zackat

That reminds me about a comment made during the WSO Abigail stream, when they were showing off Abigail on that demo build and they said "There's alot of stuff on this build that we're not allowed to show or talk about to anybody, some really increadible stuff" and then let it drift off.

you sure they weren't trolling?

kirblar

That turned out to be the sports costumes that weren't announced until SDCC.

In the months leading up to Abigail (and prior to the leak confirmation), players like Daigo suddenly started talking about "Hugo" a bunch for no reason though.

Blueblur1

In the months leading up to Abigail (and prior to the leak confirmation), players like Daigo suddenly started talking about "Hugo" a bunch for no reason though.

That is true. And I believe the EU commentators brought up Hugo a couple times too. I don't remember if it was a previous WSO or a major before CEO but it was around that time. It was prettyyyyyy suspicious.

Neoxon

Whether it's Season 3 or Season 4 Viper makes a ton of sense. She's the only missing SFIV favorite and is a unique character in terms of gameplay (or was until Necalli).
Yeah, Viper's the only other remotely-popular SFIV character left (besides technically Poison) to be added as playable. Even if she's not in Season 3, I'm sure we'll get her eventually.

Lol and people wonder why FGC leaks are all cheap word of mouth shit.
If I had to guess, it's because of how the FGC is socially, especially in how circles of friends overlap within the FGC. It's basically like a chain of friends, eventually the vibration from one end gets to the other. That's just my theory on the matter.

Most pro players will 'hear' something; some even get brought in for playtesting purposes. It wasn't a coincidence that most Pros were taking about Karin at E3 2015, even though she wouldn't be announced until TGS 2015.

Neoxon

Most pro players will 'hear' something; some even get brought in for playtesting purposes. It wasn't a coincidence that most Pros were taking about Karin at E3 2015, even though she wouldn't be announced until TGS 2015.
To be fair, didn't Siliconera leak Karin (as well as Mika, Urien, & Alex) much earlier?

Skilletor

Does Capcom think there is anything wrong with the game, gameplaywise? They will do things like fix stats and probably online but the gameplay...do we even know if they think anything is wrong?

Every sf gets huge changes, though. I don't know why it'd be different for sf5.

Whether those changes will address issues is another thing, but the history of sf is full of revisions making sweeping changes to the game.

Neoxon

Alright, so what's Sagat's V-Skill and V-Trigger. Lay it on me, fam. Come on.
Don't characters go through tons of V-Skill & V-Trigger ideas throughout development? Sagat as of last October may not reflect Sagat as of [insert reveal date here].

Xeteh

I know, I just temper my expectations with games nowadays rather than getting hyped up.

Unless it is HotS and we gonna be getting Kel'Thuzad shiiiiiiit. Off-Topic but idc

Blizzard is killing it lately with HotS. Legitimately the only game with diverse gameplay that's also balanced that I've played recently.

Kel'Thuzad and Mekkatorque have been in production in HOTS for like 5 years now. This is definitely a thing that happens.

I love HotS and while it isn't as fun to watch as Dota 2 I enjoy playing it more. I hope they figure out balancing with it though, winning the game for 10 minutes and then losing one fight and losing every advantage you had isn't really fun to me.

Sayad

Their MvCI's PR at least acknowledge that forcing players to play characters in a specific way is bad. But MvCI's PR team also think SFV isn't accessible enough for casuals! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MCD250

Don't characters go through tons of V-Skill & V-Trigger ideas throughout development? Sagat as of last October may not reflect Sagat as of [insert reveal date here].
I was speaking morw in terms of what folks think should be his V-Skill/V-Trigger tbh. Like this:

The most obvious thing in the world would be to make his V Skill Angry scar.
This definitely works! And for V-Trigger:

7bvp4Et_d.jpg

The most obvious thing in the world would be to make his V Skill Angry scar.

I feel like his V Trigger would be focused around buffing his fireball in some way like how they did with Guile and Ryu. As for his V Skill, Tiger Scar is an easy one to throw out. Especially since we already have a V Skill like that in the form of Mika's V Skill. I just find it to be such a boring idea though. I'd like to see something new and refreshing, or at least interesting if it's a rehash of a old move. Tiger scar is just too recent.

I love HotS and while it isn't as fun to watch as Dota 2 I enjoy playing it more. I hope they figure out balancing with it though, winning the game for 10 minutes and then losing one fight and losing every advantage you had isn't really fun to me.

That's you and your team not playing the game right. Small advantages should be pushed into big ones, which then lead to victory. I used to have the same criticism.

joe2187

Banned
I feel like his V Trigger would be focused around buffing his fireball in some way like how they did with Guile and Ryu. As for his V Skill, Tiger Scar is an easy one to throw out. Especially since we already have a V Skill like that in the form of Mika's V Skill. I just find it to be such a boring idea though. I'd like to see something new and refreshing, or at least interesting if it's a rehash of a old move. Tiger scar is just too recent.

Out of all the V Skills in the game, Mikas is the most unsafe, unreliable, situational and gimmicky of them all. It's full potential is something you will never ever see used and it's just plain useless except for taunting and trolling and really nothing else.

A 75 frame start up with only a single hit of armor just leaving you wide open for everything.

Zackat

the snowball used to be a loooot worse in HotS too. The fact that you can get comebacks at all now is an amazing thing.

kirblar

the snowball used to be a loooot worse in HotS too. The fact that you can get comebacks at all now is an amazing thing.
They fixed the scaling issues in the Cho'Gall patch. Prior to that a 2 level lead was near-insurmountable because scaling was exponential, not linear.

Top Bottom