• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X G.I. Joe - 6 Issue Mini Series Coming Feb 2016

Jawmuncher

gijoesf-01-coverri-15utbzz.jpg
The 6-issue miniseries is written by Aubrey Sitterson, with art by Emilio Laiso. The story sees Destro and Bison bringing together Cobra and Shadaloo in an unholy alliance that only the combined might of World Warriors and the Joes stand a chance of stopping.
Other Covers and More Information Here
Synopsis:
​​​​​​On a hidden island in international waters, 16 combatants enter a secret tournament… one that pits Street Fighter vs. G.I. JOE! M. Bison and Destro have joined forces, and taking them down will require the world’s finest warriors: Ryu, Snake Eyes, Guile, Scarlett, Chun-Li and Duke. New challengers Aubrey Sitterson(Hulk, Superman, Tech Jacket, Worth) and Emilio Laiso (Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain) bring the visceral combat of the world’s most popular fighting game series and the real world military action of America’s fighting elite together for the first time!

Never thought of this crossover before, but it's making a lot more sense than I would have thought. Snake Eyes for SFV.

Zubz

Banned
I thought this was weird when they announced it at SDCC, but they still caught my interest. I never got into G.I. Joe, but I'm at least picking up the first issue!

... Also is that a Bison Dollar on the cover?

nikos

Interesting. Not a fan of American style comics but I'll pick it up because it's Street Fighter.

Rymuth

So are Guile and Nash honorary GI Joes?

Only question that needs answering - who winds up outdicking and outsmarting the other? M. Bison or Cobra Commander?

Zubz

Banned
So are Guile and Nash honorary GI Joes?

Only question that needs answering - who winds up outdicking and outsmarting the other? M. Bison or Cobra Commander?

My guess is that Cobra outdicks Bison, but Bison outsmarts Cobra, so it's ultimately a tie.

And I swear, if this doesn't end with Ryu giving a PSA about fire safety or something... Or better yet, a G.I. Joe-style PSA on how to get better at Street Fighter might be nice.

Penguin

Well, I am in

Comics are really killing it with these crazy crossovers

Archie/Sharknado
Archie/Predator
Batman/Ninja Turtles
Sonic/Mega Man

Vlaphor

I've always felt that the first live action Street Fighter movie probably originally started as a G.I. Joe movie, so this meet up is going to seem weird to me.

Glowsquid

this is at the same time the usual G.I. Joe scribe (Larry Hama) is doing the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 comic

what a time to be alive

Top Bottom