• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suggestions for a new Xbox Series X owner

• Forza Horizon 4 (4K60 version for XSX owners)
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Gears 5 (Cross-Gen but with XSX upgrades)
  • Halo Infinite (Campaign is Great, XSX upgrades)
  • Hi Fi Rush
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Pentiment
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Grounded
  • Forza 7 (Believe this has XSX hooks for 4K60, need to verify)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
As others have mentioned, XSX backwards compatibility has improved a lot of older titles to 1080p/60 or better, and if you own the disk, you can rip the game to your HD and play it there (still have to have the disk in the drive though, sadly).

MaestroMike

Gold Member
i just got it for halo and gears of war games i love space marine sci fi games. aliens is one of my favorite movies. i guess starfield is next up. we need more games in space with aliens :messenger_smiling_hearts: i got doom eternal as well but u can pick that up on nintendo switch/playstation if u want

93xfan

Banned
Yeeea no, I'm not playing Skyrim or Fallout 4 in 2023 lol

Now I'm kinda thinking my next Series X purchase will be Starfield. I'm going through the Xbox Store on the dashboard skipping through games I've missed out since the Series X launched...nothing is really standing out to me
Starfield looks to be well worth the hype. Cannot wait to explore that universe!

RickMasters

unfortunately we are still waiting on those, to a degree. But in the meantime it’s not too bad at all, if I’m to be honest.

if your migrating from a one X, have games pass and a backlog( which was basically my situation) , you will love it. Frame rate boosts, and enhancements on games, really make it worth plundering the backlog! And that’s before you get to the series X only games.

But when You first load it up, you will want to see better visuals than One X, or play stuff you can’t play on the one X. I think hi fi rush, high on life, the gunk, acorn, the ascent, forza horizon 5, gears 5, update your halo infinite, psychonaughts 2…. Good selection of games, that also look pretty in motion.

Deffo worth getting into the yakuza and persona games on gamepass. Monster hunter is always a riot with friend. Exoprimal, should will be a day one download on gamepass too.

Blaze blue cross tag battle and guilty on gamepass too, if you want some proper 2D fighters to mess with. I’m liking this new blaze blue A lot more than I thought. I’ll buy both when they leave gamepass. For now there’s no rush. But yeah… check em out! Guilty gear got a great soundtrack too! The heavy metal stuff Really gets you in a fighting mood when you play . Love it.

Third party wise take your pick! I say try out judgement/ lost judgement. Clash,Chernobylite ( runs really nice on series X), the plague tale games….. ghost runner, cyber punk, Witcher are all good games to play on series X, while we wait for the new big exclusives. Nice lil mixture of Japanese and western games there.

Plenty of new 1st party and third party stuff to look forward . Starfield of course! Forza. Hellblade 2, avowed, fable….. and who is not gonna be playing armoured core when that comes out?

If you haven’t started Witcher or cyberpunk it’s well worth starting those play throughs till the big exclusives come out. Starfield and forza are just round the corner and until then, some of the games I mentioned above will scratch the itch. I got mine when it first came out so there wasn’t much to shout about but if you are just upgrading now, I think you will find a lot there. Whether it be frame rate enhanced games in your backlog that also get other visual improvements, or just checking out gamepass or the store for series X only games.

Man…. Screw this. All this game talk…. I’m gonna go play something on my humble series X! Between the backlog and gamepass I have a bit of choice paralysis going on right now tho! Plenty to play…. Just don’t know what I feel like playing. 😅😅😅

And er….. enjoy your new series X! I’ve had mine for a while now and I don’t regret it.

deadspace remake jedi survivors
I currently have a Xbox One X and now a Series X.

What are some your favorite Xbox Series next gen only games so far this gen?

I've got some time off of work and looking to try out some great games.

What games released this gen have you had great experience with that just isn't offered on the One X?n

violence

If the question is nextgen only games then Dead space remake is what I would recommend.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Use the system as a bc machine

It’s the only reason I own a Series S. The thing is solely a library for old shit

Not sure if OP is genuinely asking or just trolling...

Angry Zapp Brannigan GIF
I think he's genuinely asking.
Most everyone else seems to be trolling.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
*Banned for console waring.

What is was going to say would be funny, but it would force a competent mods hand.

Xbox sends me money and just scroll through Gamepass for the best deals in gaming.

Top Bottom