• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suggestions for wide TV stands

So I recently bought a 77" oled that's on the way. I have a tv stand that would sit it, but I feel like it .ight hang off the edges slightly.

Anyone have any suggestions for wide stands for their tvs?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
In my eyes you mount tvs but

Reallink

So I recently bought a 77" oled that's on the way. I have a tv stand that would sit it, but I feel like it .ight hang off the edges slightly.

Anyone have any suggestions for wide stands for their tvs?

OLEDs weight bearing base is in the middle and is only like 1/4th the width of the screen, so as long as the pedestal base fits on your current stand there's no reason to buy a new one. It doesn't matter if the actual screen edges hang off the stand.

Last edited:
OLEDs weight bearing base is in the middle and is only like 1/4th the width of the screen, so as long as the pedestal base fits on your current stand there's no reason to buy a new one. It doesn't matter if the actual screen edges hang off the stand.
I get that but I actually just prefer it for my own aesthetic purposes

Last edited:

nush

2ndsleep1-650x455.jpg

+

salesman%27s-sample-miniature-house-brick-730-3eBCWAfF3UeL9JlvMubfCA.jpg

In my eyes you mount tvs but

I can't for where I have to place it unfortunately

Reallink

I get that but I actually just prefer it for my own aesthetic purposes

In that case you've got an unlimited supply of particle board fake veneer stickered stuff to sort through that 1000 different fake brands rebadge from the same Chinese factory, or some variety of an Ikea Besta. Anything beyond that is going to cost more than the TV itself. Word of warning many companies will try to sell the mass produced particle board crap for $1000+ and $2000+ on Amazon/Wayfair/Homedepot.

Last edited:
In that case you've got an unlimited supply of particle board fake veneer stickered stuff to sort through that 1000 different fake brands rebadge from the same Chinese factory, or some variety of an Ikea Besta. Anything beyond that is going to cost more than the TV itself.
Well that's true but but I guess that's why I reached out to see if there was anything worthwhile. I my end up having to get an armoire or something

Reallink

Well that's true but but I guess that's why I reached out to see if there was anything worthwhile. I my end up having to get an armoire or something

Not that I'm aware of. Your choices are pretty much the Chinese stuff sold by all the big retailers, something from a real local furniture store, Ikea, or a "designer" particleboard crap peddler like BDI.

Last edited:
Martin Svensson Home 90908 Durango 65" TV Stand, Espresso https://a.co/d/6gmZzSe

I've been looking at this one. Might be big enough?
That's the one I have now actually. It's the best one I found while looking. Definitely go for it. I've just had this one for a long time and want something a little more fancy and big. This thread is teaching me I probably have to go to like a furniture store or something for what I'm looking for.

Reallink

That's the one I have now actually. It's the best one I found while looking. Definitely go for it. I've just had this one for a long time and want something a little more fancy and big. This thread is teaching me I probably have to go to like a furniture store or something for what I'm looking for.

Be careful, a lot of furniture stores have started reselling the same stuff you'll find on Amazon/Wayfair/Homedepot. They just show it assembled in a fancy showroom and try to charge a 200-300% premium. Reverse image search is your friend.

Last edited:

kingwingin

I have a hemnes ikea stand and it compliments my 75” very well. The 3 spots for electronics are kinda small but if you rest the boards on top of the drawers it opens up enough to fit a ps5 and switch. Doubt you could fit a series x tho.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Measure out the height, depth and width of the open air compartments in whatever TV stand you buy to make sure it can fit what you need to fit there (game systems, receivers, etc). A lot of the modern looking ones have tiny compartments that can’t hold anything.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Surely your TV weighs more than 25kg?

Not sure how it works where you are but I can't see insurance companies in Aus covering it if something happened.
Thats fair enough if you're put off by the max weight limit. If I didn't own this stand already I wouldn't have bought it for that reason alone.

In the flesh it's heavy and solid! Previously I had an LG OLED65C8PLA and a LG SL10YG Soundbar, sat on the Zespoke stand with no problems for over five years which was about 35 kilos.

I was looking at a £1,000 oak stand that would've accommodated my new setup easily, but I wanted to see how much my current stand could take first, before upgrading to my new setup.

To make sure it could accommodate a 35kg tv and a 18.5kg soundbar I stuck two 30kg dumbbells on to the center of the stand for six weeks and everything was fine.

The weight is distributed evenly over the stand and hasn't been a problem for almost nine months now, so personally I'm not worried.

GgDDAmY.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom