• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to get an LG OLED. When is the best time to wait for a discount?

I've had my eye on the 77" LG C2 for a while now. I know the C3s recently came out so I assume the C2 will get a discount. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on if places like Best Buy discount these TVs. What I mean is events like Black Friday. I'm not in a hurry to get it so I can wait for an event like this, but I was looking for some suggestions if anyone had experience.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
They've got a pretty good handle on how many of these things they'll sell and because there's an annual update they tend to produce roughly what they think they'll sell at full price, rather than ending up with a lot of surplus stock, so unless the outgoing model has sold particularly badly, you might not find many great deals, if you see a good price, it might be worth jumping on it rather than holding off, because the stock might just disappear..

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I've been waiting for a sale on the LG C2 77 inch too. I was hoping it would go on sale for Amazon Prime day, but considering there's only 1 in stock on Amazon, I doubt it. If no Prime day sale, I'm deciding between paying full price, waiting for Black Friday, or researching a comparable model.

They've got a pretty good handle on how many of these things they'll sell and because there's an annual update they tend to produce roughly what they think they'll sell at full price, rather than ending up with a lot of surplus stock, so unless the outgoing model has sold particularly badly, you might not find many great deals, if you see a good price, it might be worth jumping on it rather than holding off, because the stock might just disappear..
I did this. Turns out the C2 was really hard to find. I thought BB would still keep them in stock online. But I was wrong. Thank goodness I found an excellent condition one on amazon.

new LG oleds seem to go on sale around Spring (March-May) i think. they tend to hit their lowest points around Fall/Winter with Black Friday or very early in the year just after new models are announced and in time for superbowl.

If you want a good price on the latest LG OLED then hold off until later in the year or early 2024. You might be able to get last years model for a good price if you can find it in stock anywhere.

I've been waiting for a sale on the LG C2 77 inch too. I was hoping it would go on sale for Amazon Prime day, but considering there's only 1 in stock on Amazon, I doubt it. If no Prime day sale, I'm deciding between paying full price, waiting for Black Friday, or researching a comparable model.
If you buy it from Amazon you will not have any warranty. There are no Amazon merchants on the LG authorized reseller list. I don't know if that is legal, but I was denied a warranty claim for an LG TV purchased through Amazon. Also I personally have never seen competitive prices on there.

List of authorized sellers:

Also, if you want a deal, find some on avsforums who sells them. They aren't able to advertise prices below MSRP, but reach out to them and ask.

Alternatively set up a deal alert on slickdeals.net and jump on it quickly when one is posted.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
If you buy it from Amazon you will not have any warranty. There are no Amazon merchants on the LG authorized reseller list. I don't know if that is legal, but I was denied a warranty claim for an LG TV purchased through Amazon. Also I personally have never seen competitive prices on there.

List of authorized sellers:

Also, if you want a deal, find some on avsforums who sells them. They aren't able to advertise prices below MSRP, but reach out to them and ask.

Alternatively set up a deal alert on slickdeals.net and jump on it quickly when one is posted.
Didn’t know about the warranty. I know I can price match Amazon at Best Buy if the price does drop for prime day. Also have been watching slickdeals like a hawk.

That's funny I bought the 1 on Amazon yesterday 😂 glad I jumped on it

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Is the C2 worth the extra $1,000 for the 77 inch over the B2? The C2 didn't go on sale for Prime day.

Fbh

I'm not in the US but I got mine on Black Friday.

Paid around $800 for a 55" C1 which even in the US seems like a decent deal (in 2022)

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
It seems like Costco always has them on sale in late November/early December. I got my C1 in December 2021 for several hundred off and with a free 5 year protection plan.

Super bowl sales, winter time, or early next year. If you have a Microcenter near you then you can score a good deal on refurbished (i wouldn't shy away from these, all OLED are fated to same destiny). Was able to snag a like new one 77 inch C1 for $1800 earlier last year from that deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom