• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

From the Joker to the Suicide squad, I feel the costumes are all slightly off from being good. I'll wait until a trailer to see everything in context, but not liking the looks so far.

Frog-fu

Banned
This is cute

CEXM0oHWMAErhiM.png:large

Looks pretty good tbf.

I dunno, after Hugh Jackson OWNING the role of Wolverine so convincingly despite being a giant in comparison, I think people would be okay with Hardy. At least hope so.

I just want Hardy in the DCCU, and I don't think he'd be a good fit for any character with fantastical powers. Deathstroke would be alley.

I think he could do well as Hal Jordan (and would actually bring personality to the role) but I do agree he'd be better as a more grounded character. I actually think he'd be a good Constantine to be honest.

Frog-fu

Banned
I think he could do well as Hal Jordan (and would actually bring personality to the role) but I do agree he'd be better as a more grounded character. I actually think he'd be a good Constantine to be honest.

I dunno about Hal Jordan, I think Hardy lends himself much better to darker dispositioned characters. Constantine ties in heavily into more fantastical elements I just can't see him particularly drawn to. Maybe it's cause of my perception that he's "too serious" for that kind of stuff and would find it silly, but then again, if he's willing to have another go at a comic book character, then why not, I suppose.

Kibbles

Batman photographed on set. Sorry don't got bigger photos.
edit: Wait that doesn't look like Batfleck. Maybe a fan in a costume near the set.

11m6odY.jpg

edit: Yup, it's an imposter lol http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-photo/rights-managed/42-71688276/a-batman-imposter-shows-up-on-set
Batman shows up on the set of the 'Suicide Squad' movie in Toronto, Canada. However this was not Ben Affleck, just a guy going by the name "Toronto Batman." But he seemed to fool many fans who thought it was the actor and was posed for pictures with the fans who surrounded him.
smh

Jobbs

Banned
More exciting pics of some standing and some walking:

I like this a bit better than the sort of stunted looking cast picture in the OP, but the one thing really sticking with me is Killer Croc. I really want him to be a big mutant monster, not just a human sized guy with a prosthetic mask on.

In every representation of Killer Croc that I know of -- Comics, the cartoon, Arkham Asylum, he's a giant mutant. Here he's no taller than Will Smith.

Bearded Tom Hardy is the best Tom Hardy

Any Tom Hardy is the best Tom Hardy.

IconGrist

I like this a bit better than the sort of stunted looking cast picture in the OP, but the one thing really sticking with me is Killer Croc. I really want him to be a big mutant monster, not just a human sized guy with a prosthetic mask on.

In every representation of Killer Croc that I know of -- Comics, the cartoon, Arkham Asylum, he's a giant mutant. Here he's no taller than Will Smith.

He hasn't always been that way. He used to be just a guy with a skin disorder as well as a cannibal.

This needs to happen.

But people would probably complaint about his height.

only some lame nerds. hardy would kill it as deathstroke. there's a rumor that hoyt from true blood (who's cast in here) is gonna be deathstroke but that's sounding lame, hoping it's not true (unless he really pulls it off well)

Imperial

I dunno, after Hugh Jackson OWNING the role of Wolverine so convincingly despite being a giant in comparison, I think people would be okay with Hardy. At least hope so.

I just want Hardy in the DCCU, and I don't think he'd be a good fit for any character with fantastical powers. Deathstroke would be alley.

only some lame nerds. hardy would kill it as deathstroke. there's a rumor that hoyt from true blood (who's cast in here) is gonna be deathstroke but that's sounding lame, hoping it's not true (unless he really pulls it off well)

True, his height won't really matter as long as he turns in a good performance.

God I hope Parrack isn't Deathstroke, I truly hope el mayimbe is wrong about that. Plus his 'scoops' aren't always trustworthy.

RT! #suicidesquad #skwad #RUMOR There is a minor female role on the actual Squad - #PLASTIQUE There is a scene with her set in a nightclub & the rumor is Karen Fukuhara is playing that role. Unconfirmed till further notice but Plastique is in the movie. #DC #dccu #dcmovie #dccomics #KarenFukuhara #SCOOP

True, his height won't really matter as long as he turns in a good performance.

God I hope Parrack isn't Deathstroke, I truly hope el mayimbe is wrong about that. Plus his 'scoops' aren't always trustworthy.

i checked imdb and it says he's playing some random dude named jonny frost lol these rumors are all over the place

Busty

Banned
The production photos we've seen so far seem to show Task Force X being sent into an already hostile situation in a busy city (Mid City?) setting. There are humvees and various armed soldiers dotted around the place so it seems like a major incident is/has taken place and only TFX (as meta humans themselves) can deal with it.

Question is, who or what exactly could this situation be? We've heard that King Shark is supposedly in the film so could they be sent to capture him or is there something more dangerous from the DCU awaiting them?

Hmmmmmm.

It all looks very 'straight to DVD' for me. :/

Are you seriously questioning the production values of this film off of the amateur pictures taken from the set? A set that features dozens and dozens of costumed extras and vehicles?

In future I'd try shamelessly trolling from a more abstract point of view, perhaps you could say that it looks like 'footage from a FMV Mega CD game'? People won't really get it but it's all bullshit anyway so who cares?

Can I just say how smart it is that movies are starting to release official photos of costumes right before set spy photos can come out. No point in keeping that type of stuff secret and having buzz blown by shitty out of context photos.

That's a great point, this never actually occurred to me. Again, I've been really impressed by the way WB have handled all their DCU announcements and reveals of late.

While the BvS trailer was a bit of a debacle in the end with the leak everything else has been pretty cool.

Bloodrage

Banned
I don't really have much of an opinion on this, but Croc's makeup is ridiculously good. Like... wow.
I agree. Looking at set pics he's in, it looks really detailed and he looks disgusting. I'm sure whatever CGI they're gonna apply to it in the film will make it look even better.

hnng

DHs42gH.jpg

I think it's legit also. It has those same boarders from the Joker pic that Ayer showed off. Seems like a detail a shopper would not pick up on.

Top Bottom