• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League refund search requests have risen by 761%

Draugoth

Gold Member
resize

Source

Despite being out for just one day, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is off to a turbulent start with search engine requests for 'Suicide Squad refund' rising by a whopping 761%.

As reported by Windows Central, the game has seen an increase of nearly 800% of players searching for how to get a refund, which is no doubt about the maintenance problems that players encountered on early access. The bug in question saw the game garner 100% completion before they had even started the game, with no apparent way around this.

Three

This is a pretty dumb article if you think about it. Of course the number of people searching for refund rises by a big percentage after a game releases but how many actual people searched whatever term they put into Google trends? When you look at trends for the video game in the related searches "refund" hasn’t trended at all.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

While I'm critical of this game due to its GaaS, dev ruining, anti-consumer bullshit... this is click bait garbage. Wait for some actual concrete sales figures and ratings before drawing conclusions about what people en masse think of the game.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I for one am shocked, SHOCKED, that folks wanted a refund for a game that was unable to be played.

. . .shocked.

I don't want to read the bullshit article, can somebody tell me from WHAT NUMBER this 700+% rise is from? If they started at 1, this means more than 7 people have now issued a refund. Wow.

ManaByte

It's the #3 selling game on Steam after Palworld and Persona:
9HX12TM.png

It's the #1 new release on PSN above Persona and Granblue

Seems people cant read. Search requests doesnt mean ACTUAL requests. Just a clickbait title. I'll prolly buy it when its 20 bucks, like in 4 months or so just like that other shitty Gotham game.

Freeman76

Its not really relevant, the peak steam numbers on release day paint a better picture. Just under 13000 people on a day one Rocksteady release. Most people have enough sense to avoid it altogether from all the pre-release info that was available.

Even tho Steam reviews are 87% positive that doesnt say much either. So many people are fiends for a new game and will justify their spend in any way they can.

ManaByte

Its not really relevant, the peak steam numbers on release day paint a better picture. Just under 13000 people on a day one Rocksteady release. Most people have enough sense to avoid it altogether from all the pre-release info that was available.

Then how do you explain the game being #3 in sales on Steam?

Freeman76

Then how do you explain the game being #3 in sales on Steam?
That doesnt mean shit. How many people are playing it is what matters. What if its a quiet weekend for purchases on Steam? What if the top seller is 100k, #2 is 99k, #3 is 30k, and #4 is 10k?

You just cannot help trying to defend this pile of crap can you lol...even clutching at straws that have no substance whatsoever

Portugeezer

Oh fuck off.

Am I crazy? 760% more than what exactly? The game wasn't out until a few days ago so presumably there were... no searches for refund because it wasn't even out!

Looking to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Game is mediocre, let it go.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow searches for refund policy skyrocket after game comes out compared to before game came out??

Insane.

That doesnt mean shit. How many people are playing it is what matters. What if its a quiet weekend for purchases on Steam? What if the top seller is 100k, #2 is 99k, #3 is 30k, and #4 is 10k?

You just cannot help trying to defend this pile of crap can you lol...even clutching at straws that have no substance whatsoever
Just a couple of months ago Total War Pharaoh climbed the charts around launch and they ended up refunding everyone and doing a 180 on the entire franchise plans going forward. These charts don't mean much, unless they show games sticking around for weeks.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Even tho Steam reviews are 87% positive that doesnt say much either. So many people are fiends for a new game and will justify their spend in any way they can.

Nah, not on Steam. Players will straight up tell you the game sucks if they don’t like it - and never shy away from slapping a negative review on a game.

The ones who will sugar coat the game are the people who bought physical copies where refunding isn’t an option. They’ll be the ones justifying it on message boards, because they’re stuck with their bad decision.

Kuranghi

Evidence for this games shittiness:

My colleague at work who plays casually and thought Harry Potter was the best game he ever played (ie a games gameplay must be decent and have some variety but the context/wrapper matters most to him) played SS for 40 mins and said "the cutscenes were cool but the gameplay was so repetitive".

If these types of players are saying that then nerds like us are gonna hate it.

Smether

That 761% is driven by the early bug that showed players had completed the game all the way. It's understandable that someone that just paid $100 for the early access would be upset and request a refund given the limited time period to do that. It seems to be picking up. As of this post I see 1,416 reviews on Steam for a "Very Positive" rating. Metacritic at 61. The Arkham games were elite, but this looks like a passable co-op shooter. Maybe the IP carries it to some decent sales?

Kuranghi

That 761% is driven by the early bug that showed players had completed the game all the way. It's understandable that someone that just paid $100 for the early access would be upset and request a refund given the limited time period to do that. It seems to be picking up. As of this post I see 1,416 reviews on Steam for a "Very Positive" rating. Metacritic at 61. The Arkham games were elite, but this looks like a passable co-op shooter. Maybe the IP carries it to some decent sales?

I'm so excited to play this passable co-op shooter 🫠

Not directed at you pal, just grumpy, Arkham Knight is one it not my favourite game of all time ☹️

MiguelItUp

I still can't get over the fact some people paid over $100 for this game 😂

Edit: no offense if you are one of those people.
People have money to burn and itch to buy new games, the cool part is if they're having fun, they're having fun. If not, they can very likely get refunded. Or, they'll just learn to be more cautious.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I was initially going to create a thread for this, but it isn't official as to whether or not Playstation is actually providing refunds to everyone.

"You contacted us because an item you purchased could not be used."

I mean, sounds like they put in a bogus refund reason and it slipped through.

Top Bottom