• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2019 OT

Saruhashi

Banned
Notwithstanding the horrific thought of shoving something into my body that's been used by a dozen strangers before, I honestly don't care about these dilation stations. If you want to discuss that please make another topic.

I'm here for the speedruns, for example this amazing blindfolded run of Punch-Out Wii:

Blindfolded NES Punch-Out runs have been a thing for quite a while now, but I've never seen someone do it on the Wii version.

Ah, I thought it was going to be motion controls. :(

Still cool. Just not... I was expecting someone flailing around trying to land a punch.

PhoenixTank

Notwithstanding the horrific thought of shoving something into my body that's been used by a dozen strangers before, I honestly don't care about these dilation stations. If you want to discuss that please make another topic.
Sorry to bring it up again on a fresh page... I'm probably overly tired but I can't tell who actually thinks that is a real thing at GDQ. Am I getting played for not going along with the "joke" or are others getting played by kegkilla's no context "screenshot"? I dislike BS. I'm contributing to my own defeat here but a shame to see so many posts on it.

Back on topic, TASbot block was pretty excellent and made both realtime runners and casual players gasp, which is an absolute win. Tetris, Mario Kart Wii (confirms bikes are BS) and Celeste.

FYI there is a bit of a delay getting the videos up on youtube. If you've missed a run they are also under past broadcasts on Twitch a lot sooner.
For example you can get to the Red Alert 3 Co-op run which is worth experiencing once just for the cheesy cutscenes. The Banjo Kazooie race was really good fun too and the Blind SMW Relay rounds out my highlights.

Sorry to bring it up again on a fresh page... I'm probably overly tired but I can't tell who actually thinks that is a real thing at GDQ. Am I getting played for not going along with the "joke" or are others getting played by kegkilla's no context "screenshot"? I dislike BS. I'm contributing to my own defeat here but a shame to see so many posts on it.

I dislike BS too, hence why I became active in this topic. But you're right, I should have been more careful and checked the veracity of that screenshot myself before commenting on it. It really sucks that people are spreading so much disinformation. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Helios

latest

Summer Games Done Quick 2019 has wrapped up in Minneapolis, Minnesota, after raising a record-breaking $3 million USD (about £2.4 million) for the international humanitarian aid organization Doctors Without Borders.

This year’s total is GDQ’s biggest-ever fundraising haul, vastly outstripping last summer’s impressive $2.1 million total. Last year was the first time SGDQ had crossed the $2 million line, and this summer they managed to raise a million more. This week’s figure represents the largest single-event fundraising total in GDQ history.

I wasn’t able to catch as much of SGDQ this year as I normally do, but as ever, there were some terrific moments throughout the week. Catalystz finished an all bosses run of Dark Souls in 1:25:27, affably chatting his way through the entire run. A team composed of TheFuncannon, Shockwve, and Amyrlinn finished all Borderlands 2’s co-op quests in 2:48:04, and waezone showed off some incredible traversal tricks in Half-Life 2 during his inbounds, new engine run in Half-Life 2.
Once again, this year SGDQ will be donating the funds it raised to Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières), a Nobel Peace Prize-winning organization that operates in almost 70 countries around the world, connecting physicians and medical workers with people battling disease epidemics, natural disasters, or violence due to armed conflict.

Top Bottom