• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunday tidbits from PGC. [ToS + Nintendo DS related]

SantaC

Gold Member
Planet gamecube has added their american review of ToS. The game scored 9/10 and it's mentioned that battles are so fun that you actually want to get into them, and that it never gets tedious.

Planet gamecube has also confirmed some Nintendo DS news from a miyamoto interview.

Miyamoto: "Whether you've got one DS and one game pack, and your friends have their DSes, you'll be able to download the game from the game pack in one DS wirelessly to your friends and you can all play together wirelessly."

ge-man

The DS thing has already been mentioned before, but I wonder if they mean that it's going to be like the current GB setup, or will this feature be fairly standard in multiplayer games. I think that could be fairly huge deal if they want to serious make the wireless connectivity work.

GDGF

Soothsayer
That's great. So, knowing what we know about the wireless bandwidth of the DS and the ammount of RAM it has, and comparing it to what we know about the GBA and it's one pak all play games, can we expect decent size levels, features, and options in these one pak DS games? I hope so!

Link316

Banned
Miyamoto: "Whether you've got one DS and one game pack, and your friends have their DSes, you'll be able to download the game from the game pack in one DS wirelessly to your friends and you can all play together wirelessly."

sounds great but its better for them to sell 2 to 4 copies of a game than 1, I doubt they'll continue to support such a feature anymore than they do for the GBA games after the initial launch

MoxManiac

The main reason there are few GBA games that use the 1 pack multiplayer feature is bandwidth limitations. There won't be any such limitations with DS unless the data is streamed while you play.

MoxManiac said:
The main reason there are few GBA games that use the 1 pack multiplayer feature is bandwidth limitations. There won't be any such limitations with DS unless the data is streamed while you play.
nah, it's the 256K size of the WRam that the GBA uses for the function that limits it...

BuddyC

SantaCruZer said:
According to PGC it was only rumored to be. Now it's confirmed.

They're wrong.

It was confirmed in Nintendo's E3 Press Kit. Check under Wireless Game Sharing.

ds.jpg

(no, I didn't scan it just for this thread)

Top Bottom