• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

plank

Looks great. It's pretty funny seeing
Rosalina
in a cat suit.
Also just to nitpick a bit, I wish they had the princesses grab their skirt while they ran full speed, kinda like the SMB2 artwork.
4767292073a6108912364l.jpg

She does grab her skirt.

llamarawk

Would this b possible to get at midnight anywhere (cali bay area is where I'm looking). Figure with Xbone launch and ALBW would midnight pickup b possible (want the box too so not trying to download)?

Could very well secure my GOTY vote. Sucks that Amazon isn't doing release day shipping though. Buying my Wii U and now this game are the first non-online video game purchases I've made in 5 years.

If you have prime, and select "Free 2-day shipping", thats how you get release day delivery. It states this on their website. You can get a free 30 day trial for prime.

Hello.

Banned
So good. Although weird that her voice sounds completely different. Sounds less ethereal without those echoing sound effects.
She has a new voice actor that started in Mario Kart 7. Although they sound the same sometimes, it's mostly different because they removed the echoes.

Based Treehouse

l6MDFSs.png

Yup, that's the one!

I feel like Nintendo listens to us more than we realize.

Either that or they just like puns as much as we do. After all, that last trailer linked on the site opens with the narrator saying, "Mario's latest is the cat's pajamas!"

Yup, that's the one!

I feel like Nintendo listens to us more than we realize.

Either that or they just like puns as much as we do. After all, that last trailer linked on the site opens with the narrator saying, "Mario's latest is the cat's pajamas!"

I wouldnt be surprised if theres Nintendo scouts lurking neogaf...

Shiggy

I absolutely love the section where you just see the shadows of a Toad and a Bowser on the wall :)

I wonder how EAD Tokyo games can just be this creative!

Kard8p3

Didnt they outright admit it once? and we even know nintendofangirl(I think thats her name on here) works for NOA

They have some PR people here and I know Nate Bihldorff has an account because he posted in the smash bros. brawl dojo topic years ago.

Kard8p3

There's a part of me that hopes part of the soundtrack is leaked soon. It happened about a week before Galaxy 2 came out and only served to double our already enormous amount of hype. I also really hope Nintendo makes the soundtrack available in the US. I want 77 tracks of Mario goodness.

japtor

The core dev team doesn't care about Daisy. I doubt they'll ever include her in a core Mario game for the foreseeable future.
Super Wario 3D World expansion with Waluigi, Daisy, and Yellow Toad, as they take on King Wart and steal the keys to the kingdom.

Davey Cakes

Super Wario 3D World expansion with Waluigi, Daisy, and Yellow Toad, as they take on King Wart and steal the keys to the kingdom.
Imagine if they went balls to the wall and had Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, and Yellow Toad (or some other character, maybe Bowser Jr. or Birdo?) as the characters and Subcon as the world. Like an alternate dream reality where everything is the out of whack.

It would certainly make for an interesting change.

Coolwhip

Banned
The only game releasing this year with next gen gameplay.

To buy a Wii U to play this amazing game, or to wait until firesale. I'm still torn.

hongcha

To buy a Wii U to play this amazing game, or to wait until firesale. I'm still torn.

I have debated this too, but I decided to hold off on buying a Wii U this holiday as 3D World is the only game I'm interested in, and I'm not interested in it enough to drop $300 + $60 for the game. I am going to wait until next year and see if a hardware revision comes out. I have tried the Gamepad, and I really do not like it at all, but if they make it a bit smaller and less clunky with longer battery life out of the box, my interest would be piqued. Plus, I'm interested to see more of X, and hear of its release date, prior to buying the console.

Next week already? Guess I'll have to put it off for a while until I recover from the PS4 release and buying my first two Wii U titles since launch.

Top Bottom