• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Roo

Amazing OT, daydream.
Can't wait! Heading to Best Buy in a couple hours to see if I can get my copy early :D

Porcile

Nice! Good for you! It does make me a bit worried about my order though, as I got the shipping email yesterday but haven't received anything yet.

How's the t-shirt by the way? Good quality? I had to skip on the amiibo bundle because of it (since the bundle + shirt combo was sold out in a day) and I'm hoping the shirt was worth that trade.

Shirt quality is as you would expect, maybe a little better.. The print is nice and vibrant. Not much else to say really. The only gaming shirts I can wear are from Fangamer, and in terms of quality it isn't as good as theirs since they print using inks onto American Apparel shirts.

Raitaro

Shirt quality is as you would expect, maybe a little better.. The print is nice and vibrant. Not much else to say really. The only gaming shirts I can wear are from Fangamer, and in terms of quality it isn't as good as theirs since they print using inks onto American Apparel shirts.

Cheers for the impressions. Sounds good enough for me.

(I also try to limit myself in terms of game shirts, but I make an exception once in a while, for instance when I'm on holiday. The yellow appealed to me as well in this case.)

Jazzem

Have had this since Wednesday in the UK and loving it!...I put eight hours into it yesterday <_<

It's such an interesting process having a level design come together, a lot of experimentation and trial and error is involved. It's so satisfying having a stage come together though, especially when people start playing it!

These are my levels so far if anyone fancies trying one :)

Mega Bloks: 5E7E-0000-000F-7393
Crossroads: 9CB3-0000-000F-99C1
The Life Aquatic with Pikachu: F785-0000-000F-B886
(the best of the three I reckon)

lmao what a miserable, shitty company.
I can understand a bit to save shelf space, but couldn't it hurt to make the box bigger than the game to fit the hardback?
Will be interesting to see what comes with the Walmart bundle. Hopefully people who pick it up will take pictures.

I'm guessing it's the angle? From the Nintendo Minute unboxing it didn't look as big as that picture would suggest.

Nintendo Minute - Super Mario Maker SUP-tember Unboxing
Thanks, video link to show that the NoA version is paperback. Go to 6:30.

Mik2121

For anyone with the game already, I made my first level so if you wanna play it and give feedback it would be great :) I tried to make it easy but with a couple tricks, hopefully trying to make it as 'official'-looking as possible.

The ID is: 16FE-0000-0011-72C5

So in the US is there any way at all to get that
dope ass
amiibo?
Classic Color will be individual when it releases tomorrow. Modern Color so far is console bundle exclusive, but we have not heard one way or another. Walmart CA confirmed they are getting it individually, so *shrug*
If I have to import, I will.

It has arrived, and with a bonus 30th Anniversary pin badge which I wasn't expecting:

DNnmdHh.jpg

Shirtness:

RR1su0z.jpg

So so jealous, I had a fuck up with my card so that probably held mine up, got a despatch email at like midnight last nightb it no sign of it today

AdanVC

What an awesome OT! I'm beyond hyped for this game... Hope it doesn't become a torture to get the game with the amiibo tomorrow :( I'm sure it will be a torture because retails carry less and less Nintendo stuff in here...

Dammit, the Idea Booklet is paperback for NA? Getting real tired of NOA's shit lately.....

First they brought us the Summer of Too Hot for Games, Modern classic mario amiibo exclusive to a Wal-Mart exclusive console bundle, Splatoon being more expensive, and now this.

Anyway, I'm super excited to play this tonight. Got to play during E3 week at a Best Buy event and loved it. Game is preloaded and ready to go at midnight! Wearing my NES Remix 2 shirt (featuring Samus running through Mario level elements) today in honor of the occasion.

What an awesome OT! I'm beyond hyped for this game... Hope it doesn't become a torture to get the game with the amiibo tomorrow :( I'm sure it will be a torture because retails carry less and less Nintendo stuff in here...

Yeah, hopefully it won't be a pain to get one. Seems all the non-retail exclusive stock is limited this time around. I am timing it to play SMM before Amiibo hunting.

Roo

Dammit, the Idea Booklet is paperback for NA? Getting real tired of NOA's shit lately.....

First they brought us the Summer of Too Hot for Games, Modern classic mario amiibo exclusive to a Wal-Mart exclusive console bundle, Splatoon being more expensive, and now this.
Yeah, this shit is getting old.

openrob

Do you know what would be great?
If a half price digital version that let you PLAY all the creations, but withheld the creation tools was made available.

I know I would be addicted to the new fan levels, but would use the creation tool a couple of times and then abandon it.

They would've charged more for a hardcover version since it would make it more expensive to ship.

Anyway, I decided to go digital and am pre-loading it right now.
You can call Nintendo and order a physical copy of the book if you buy digitally. I did and supposedly it shipped out yesterday.

SuomiDude

The game came one day early, so I've been trying it out. Great game and I only have the first set of items to create with. Made one level already and tried couple of others. I have a feeling that this will be the game of the forever!

magiustra

Some days ago a friend of mine, MdM, came up with this "picture" that he planned to use on some tshirts. I found it very funny and I asked him the permission to contact daydream, that I knew was working on the Super Mario Maker OT.

Daydream (who made a fab job with the OP!) told me that it wasn't in line with the style he was working on, but to be sure to let other Gaffers see it. And so... here we are: Anyone Can Make It by MdM (I won't put here any direct link to the stores that are hosting this design, but feel free to send me a PM if you want to know more 'bout it) :)

GZNmhWD.jpg

Luigi87

Fantastic OP and absolutely great title choice, lol

So looking forward to getting this.
When it was first shown at E3 2014 I was skeptical to say the least, but then the NWC this year completely made me want it.

Weird. I thought you'd have to wait until tomorrow.

I called them 2 weeks ago for it actually. They just had to make it clear I understood that it would not be shipping until closer to the game's release date. If I'm lucky maybe they're shipping out hardcover versions to digital buyers? Who am I kidding, that would never happen.

woopWOOP

So can you easily look up and play levels uploadded by people in your friendslist, or do I have to copy/paste a lot of codes in order to get the GAF™ experience?

Either way, think I'll throw together a bunch of simple Mario Bros. stages with the day 1 tools I get before I skip around with my WiiU clock and make the wacky stuff. When I get the game tomorrow, that is.

RagnarokX

I called them 2 weeks ago for it actually. They just had to make it clear I understood that it would not be shipping until closer to the game's release date. If I'm lucky maybe they're shipping out hardcover versions to digital buyers? Who am I kidding, that would never happen.

The version they are sending to digital buyers will just be printed on plain white paper and poorly stapled together.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Best Buy said we'd get release date delivery and it hasn't shipped yet.

Dreavus

Mine should be coming sometime next week. Free shipping will do that to you...

Although for a game like this, that's not the worst thing that could happen. Hopefully some good levels will have emerged by then!

cyba89

Amazon, why u no ship yet?

:/

Anyone else order from amazon and not had theirs ship yet?

Nothing from Amazon about it shipping.

I can't remember the last time I got something shipped from Amazon the day before and had it arrive on time.

amazon.de has not shipped my amiibo edition yet. The status is on preparing since this morning.
But it's still some time left. I'll start to worry in three hours or so.

Otherwise I will just buy it at Saturn tomorrow morning. I hope they have the Amiibo edition in stock.

Amazon, why u no ship yet?

:/

Anyone else order from amazon and not had theirs ship yet?

Nothing and I got release day shipping. What always happens in this case is it doesn't quite make it by EOD Friday and slips to Saturday when we're not at the office so I inevitably get the "sorry we missed you fuck face." Why can't Nintendo release on Thursday?

Top Bottom