• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

febLey

Probably depends on if you want sanwa buttons in that HRAP as well.

Making the presumption you are talking about the refreshed HRAP with the Hayabusa buttons given how long that thing has been around at this point - if it's inexplicably Kuro stock, this doesn't apply.

Basically, though, if you haven't got a ton of investment and experience in the Sanwa parts, or any kind of overwhelming preference of them, and you'd absolutely be dropping the extra to mod it if you got the Venom, I'd find it difficult not to recommend the HRAP.

I mean, writing off components, the benefit on the Venoms side is that it's easy to modify/replace the art in it. If the look of the stick is a big thing for you, this is good.

On the other hand, the HRAP gets you proper xInput support on PC, and touchpad support, and a couple of other minor niceties I'm probably forgetting. Functionally, it's probably the better option.

Thank you for your answers, I have no preference for Sanwa parts, becaus this'll be my first stick. I just wanted to get something in the 150 € realm.

Now my only problem is that the HRAP isn't in stock anywhere in europe.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
the T7 stick is my new favorite practical (read: not VF4) stick

IT'S PRETTY GOOD

white case is a beaut too

/edit/ crown buttons came in so my HRAPV is all korean for Tekken.

4sl4YLV.jpg

Hassun

Neo Member
Thank you for your answers, I have no preference for Sanwa parts, becaus this'll be my first stick. I just wanted to get something in the 150 € realm.

Now my only problem is that the HRAP isn't in stock anywhere in europe.
I think the various European branches of Amazon have some. (UK, Germany, France, etc.)

Hey y’all,

I was looking to buy my 2nd fight stick. I got the Hori Mini 4 for PS4, and I’ve liked it.

I have a lot more income than I used to have now, and would like to buy a larger stick for Street Fighter V.

Any recommendations you all can give me? It’s much appreciated!

Hey y'all,

I was looking to buy my 2nd fight stick. I got the Hori Mini 4 for PS4, and I've liked it.

I have a lot more income than I used to have now, and would like to buy a larger stick for Street Fighter V.

Any recommendations you all can give me? It's much appreciated!

Well, there's some images in the last few pages, but the HRAP 4 Kai and Hori Tekken 7 stick are great. Availability will depend on where you live, so maybe Qanba/Razer are valid options for you too.

Basically, any stick on shelves right now is worth getting.

Skilletor

I'm so intent on getting a hayabusa into the SC5 stick that I'm going to saw the plastic piece out to make it fit, lol.

Success! Lol.

Put all the wires in upside down the first time, so my lp was kk, mp was mk, etc. took the art off because he plexi was annoying me with the warping. Might ask a friend to do some persona art and order a stiffer plexi.

But it is now a hayabusa case. Perfect for playing on pc.

Ps360 question: I've updated it to 1.66, but the pc says it's 1.2 when I plug it in. Is that the version number of the hardware or software?

Does anyone here have experience in ordering from focusattack.com to Europe regarding import sales taxes?

They offer estimation of shipping costs and taxes, but that function seems worthless to me.

Hassun

Neo Member
Does anyone here have experience in ordering from focusattack.com to Europe regarding import sales taxes?

They offer estimation of shipping costs and taxes, but that function seems worthless to me.
I think the taxes depend on the country. You'll have to look up how much they add and at which amount they start adding.

Well, there's some images in the last few pages, but the HRAP 4 Kai and Hori Tekken 7 stick are great. Availability will depend on where you live, so maybe Qanba/Razer are valid options for you too.

Basically, any stick on shelves right now is worth getting.

Thanks! Ended up getting a HRAP 4 Kati.

Carm

Does anyone know if the HORI Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Silent Arcade Stick (PS4/PS3) is PC Win 7 & Win 10 compatible? Just plug and play or would it need a 3rd party driver.

Seems this is the only pre built stick I can find that is silent on stick as well.

notworksafe

It will work on most non-Steam games without issue and will work with anything on Steam (since you can configure any controller in Steam)

Wallach

Does anyone know if the HORI Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Silent Arcade Stick (PS4/PS3) is PC Win 7 & Win 10 compatible? Just plug and play or would it need a 3rd party driver.

Seems this is the only pre built stick I can find that is silent on stick as well.

If that is the version with Kuro buttons I don't think it has an XInput mode, but a lot of stuff has DirectInput support natively and anything through Steam it can be configured to work. For the most part it should work fine, you just need to check that if you get a game outside Steam that it has DirectInput support.

Edit - Given your posts in the Tekken 7 thread, if you're getting it for that it'll work out of the box.

Carm

Thanks for the quick replies, yes it would only be used on games through Steam/PS4. I just wasn't sure after reading about different third party drivers and the stick listing not specifying anything related to PC.

Not having messed with arcade sticks before I had assumed you could simply swap out the stick for a silent one the same way you can the buttons. Then I was watching a video installing one and having to solder the pcb, that would be way beyond what I'd be able to do.

I was looking at the T7 stick because of the headphone jack, but that stick replacement for a silent one, I dunno. This stick is pricey though since its not made anymore. I guess that stick replacement would be pricey to if I went with the T7 stick instead.

This is the one I was looking at:

https://arcadeshock.com/products/hori-real-arcade-pro-v-silent-ps4-ps3?variant=6460385217

Haven't been following this stuff for a couple of years.

Is there a list or a guideline which ps4 sticks are affected by the 8 minute disconnect? I need to know what models to sort out since this is a dealbreaker for me.

Skilletor

Haven't been following this stuff for a couple of years.

Is there a list or a guideline which ps4 sticks are affected by the 8 minute disconnect? I need to know what models to sort out since this is a dealbreaker for me.

Most games support legacy sticks now, so you don't need to worry about the 8 minute disconnect.

Danielsan

So I went from owning zero arcade sticks to owning three over the course of two weeks.
I got the HRAP4K new at € 149, and the other two sticks second hand (with box) at € 45 and € 57.

The second hand sticks are in pretty good condition save for some minor wear and tear from normal usage. I got the Street Fighter X Tekken stick in today. The previous owner swapped out the button, and though he claims they are Sanwa's I'm pretty sure they are knock offs based on how stiff/resistant the buttons feel. But ooh well, I'll replace them soon enough.

Now someone please stop me from buying up more used sticks...

Hassun

Neo Member
Been watching some videos today on different sticks and ran across a video showing off the Hori T7 stick. In the video below it seems the stick moves beyond where it is suppose to stop. Is this normal for Hori sticks?

https://youtu.be/l20xXC-EYPo?t=2m37s
That's normal for the hayabusa and probably most levers. You can push/pull them up a bit whether they are at an angle or not.

Not sure what this dude is getting at. Maybe that he can push it up a little too easily?

So I went from owning zero arcade sticks to owning three over the course of two weeks.

Looking hella fine and clean to boot. Enjoy your new addiction!

I got the HRAP4K new at € 149, and the other two sticks second hand (with box) at € 45 and € 57.

The second hand sticks are in pretty good condition save for some minor wear and tear from normal usage. I got the Street Fighter X Tekken stick in today. The previous owner swapped out the button, and though he claims they are Sanwa's I'm pretty sure they are knock offs based on how stiff/resistant the buttons feel. But ooh well, I'll replace them soon enough.

You should buy some more :) Can't ever have enough.

Carm

So, I talked myself out of buying that HORI Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Silent Arcade Stick priced at &194.99+$15 shipping+ if they charged tax dunno if arcadeshock does.

The stick being out of print, and premium priced because of the rarity, and it being an older stick was off putting. Return options were bothersome as well if something was wrong, use to easy returns with Amazon I guess.

Plus, and I'm sure some will correct me, I found some input lag testing where the stick and oddly the normal Kai being not great. Which makes me wonder about the purchase I did make. I dunno how much that matters but it spooked me.

I ended up buying the T7 stick from a GameStop about an hour and a half from me today, easy return if something is wrong.

I haven't used it yet but some observations/questions:

Plastic housing is pretty cheap for the price point.

Why does every company that put outs electronics or accessories always ruin it by using glossy piano black bezels? Just taking it out of the box and I already see multiple scratches.

Plexiglass top, the plastic is indented around the screws holding it in place, I'm guessing this is common?

The lever is loud to me but can barely be heard in a silent house in the next room, so I'm happy about that since that was my biggest concern.

Buttons are loud as hell, can easily be heard in the living room from down the hall. Can even be heard with door shut at the other end of the house.

So, these buttons are gonna have to go. As this is my first stick ever, and have no built in preferences, what are my options on silent buttons? (brand, different levels of sound dampening)

As I currently have no preference for different brands I'm guessing I should buy 2/4 or each to see the differences?

As for using it, is there a correct way to hold the lever/stick so I won't develop bad habits or is it just whatever you're comfortable with.

Gonna be weird learning to use this, haven't used one since Tekken 1/VF2 when they released in arcades.

Last question, my PS4 setup atm has only one USB slot available. I currently have a 9' usb3.0 cable hooked up to it for headset and easy reach flash drive save, saving. Will this cable introduce any input latency? Would prefer to just plug the stick into that instead of constantly switching it on PS4.

Edit: the ball top is suppose to be able to twist I'm guessing?

Carm

I have a question, hoping this is normal.

When moving the lever, slow or fast doesn't matter, before you hear the switch, frequently, but not all the time, it feels like the stick gets hung up on something, and it makes an noticeable noise and feel. This can happen in any direction, but again doesn't happen all the time.

Is this normal? Feels odd, like while driving and going over a bump in the road. I assumed all movement would feel smooth. Again doesn't happen all the time and force on the stick doesn't seem to matter.

Hassun

Neo Member
I have a question, hoping this is normal.

When moving the lever, slow or fast doesn't matter, before you hear the switch, frequently, but not all the time, it feels like the stick gets hung up on something, and it makes an noticeable noise and feel. This can happen in any direction, but again doesn't happen all the time.

Is this normal? Feels odd, like while driving and going over a bump in the road. I assumed all movement would feel smooth. Again doesn't happen all the time and force on the stick doesn't seem to matter.
Hearing and feeling the switch is fine, the lever getting hung up on something is not fine.

Anne

Friend is wanting a Hitbox with a UFB.

Aware of the Jesens Customs and Marvelous Custom options. Just curious if people know if any other cheap ways to get their hands on a hitbox case if we wanna just do a DIY build.

Skilletor

Edzi

Speaking of:

and also:

Arcade shock just posted these. The fightingedge is fucking bought the SECOND it is available.

Both those sticks look super sexy with a much better size/form factor than the current HRAPs. I'll probably go for the cheaper of the two.

I just wish there was a Sanwa parts option.

shockdude

Hmmm, looks like it's using the same casing as the previous stick 8bitdo put out, which is also the same as the Venom fightstick released in Europe. Should be easy to mod with most standard parts in theory. Switch support makes it tempting, depending on the price.
It's actually smaller than the venom stick. It uses the same case as the Mayflash F300.

Top Bottom