• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supposedly first official love football (360) screens

43641320050729_141501_0_big.jpg

43641320050729_141501_1_big.jpg

43641320050729_141501_2_big.jpg

43641320050729_141501_3_big.jpg

Looks okay, have Namco done a serious football game before??

Skin

Yeah, I think Namco made that Football Kingdom game. Can't remember how that one turned out though.

123rl

Jeez...worst camera angle ever! Why do devs even put in camera angles like this, when they're totally unplayable.

Miburou

Libero Grande had you controling only 1 player, while being able to give instructions to the others. It was a nice concept.

Skin

123rl said:

Jeez...worst camera angle ever! Why do devs even put in camera angles like this, when they're totally unplayable.

The camera angle you usually play football games with doesn't show any difference between this generation and the next. They allways choose angles like this for promotional footage.

Odysseus said:
Excuse me, sirs, but that's not football.

Lemme guess... You're American?

VNZ

Those hires shots look extremely weird. As if someone used a next-gen "SuperSai" filter on those thumbnails. Psychedelic Shading.

cja

The game looks good in motion, superb animation and self-shadowing, its only because of the poor player textures that the static pictures look like crap. Download blimblim's video of this game at xboxyde to see how it really looks.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
cja said:
The game looks good in motion, superb animation and self-shadowing, its only because of the poor player textures that the static pictures look like crap. Download blimblim's video of this game at xboxyde to see how it really looks.
It looks like shit in motion too. Come on, this is next gen, just shelf shadowing is not going to cut it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just because I am in my weekly asshole day

FIFA 06
928333_20050518_screen002.jpg

928333_20050518_screen001.jpg

That's it. I am dissing Namco with EA screenshots. For shame Namco, for shame.

jimbo

Banned
The only thign I can say in this game's defense is that it looks better than current gen soccer games, and the animation if simply amazing. Everything else sucks. Bring on WE 360 Konami.

Zeo

Banned
.. What the hell?

This looks HORRIBLE. Like.. Twilight Princess has better grass than this.

And the players look like they're made out of clay and melting in the sun.

They look like the flat screen TV commercial where the players are grinding their faces against a glass wall (or, as it's supposed to be, your flat screen).

crunker99

Footy games are not really the games i think of when i think of a graphical test.. i mean you can only make the guys look so good especially in zoomed out view. Footy game improvement center more around the commentary, fluid motions, and sounds, imho.

Top Bottom