• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Users - How Do You Use Your Switch?

How do you primarily play your Switch?

• Total voters

KellyM

Docked but when the electricity goes out during a storm, handheld. My favorite Nintendo system of all time.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
50/50 use both, I use mostly dock with pro controller when I play action games like Astral Chain and Bayonetta, but RPGs like Octopath and SMTV, I use handheld.

Last edited:

Garnox

Edit: Docked

I have two docking stations, one in the living room and one in our master bedroom. I swap between the two rooms depending on the time and who is wanting to play.

My daughter and I like to play on the living room big screen. My wife and I like to play in the comfort of our bed at night.

Pretty practical machine.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa
My wife and I like to play in the comfort of our bed at night.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yep. Export cartridge contents to .nsp file and copy to PC. Great (and legal) way to play Switch games.

You prefer Ryujinx to yuzu or just case by case depending on the game?

I find ryujinx better for 60 fps in Xenoblade 2+3 which has just taken up most of my switch gaming time over the last few years. Yuzu was better for Theaterythm. Both are very good imo.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
It's not really split. It depends on the game I'm playing. Sometimes I'll go portable only for a month, and then switch back and forth. Games like Metroid Dread I prefer portable, Metroid Prime I prefer docked.

So I guess it's split but I can't quantify. And that's the beauty of the Switch really.

Mr Hyde

80% handheld
20% docked

The Switch OLED makes the portable aspect more enticing since the screen is soooo good, plus the system has such a good pick up and play factor it´s easy to just grab it and start playing. I take the Switch with me everywhere I go, if there is some downtime I just whip it up with whatever game is up and running and go to town. Love it.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I think I'm just an old fart, but I can't play handheld anymore. It's uncomfortable after a short time and I end up with a sore neck. I only play docked with a pro controller now.

Reactions: Isa

Susurrus

When at home, usually docked. But I fly quite a bit, so of course handheld in those situations or whenever I'm not playing it at home.

Rockondevil

Only docked. I dreamt from the very first announcement that they'd make a slightly cheaper version that was just a standard console (only docked with no screen).
I guess it takes away the "switch" part of it but for those of us who never want it handheld it'd be perfect.

I'd love it to happen for Switch 2, but I really doubt it will.

Roufianos

Barely play it though I dread to think how ugly Pokémon and Zelda would look blown up on afull screen. Handheld all the way.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Depends on the game. Pick up and play games are most often handheld. Games I play for longer periods docked because it's more comfortable that way. I've never played tabletop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom