• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko expansion? any indications?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got another taiko controller last week, and my friends and I had a blast playing it two player last night. Multi player is where its at for this game. We have wrapped up a bunch of the songs in Oni (minus the ridiculous 20 star endeavors like ridge racer) and now I want more songs.

Are there any plans for an expansion/sequel?

Thanks Gaffers, I know there are some mad taiko heads in here that know lowdown

dock

Are you talking about the American or Japanese release? If you want to play more, you'll have to import from Japan.

There's like 7 or so games in Japan on PS2. Taiko 5 is the favourite amongst my friends.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
anyone know if the redoctane drums are better than the ones included with the game? EBgames is selling them for 10 bux

I think Namco's Japanese HQ just wanted to get one version out here so they could make up a press release that says "WE HAVE EXPORTED POPULAR OUR TAIKO GAME TO THE FORIEGN LANDS." Since it's not really a priority anymore, they may never do an expansion.

impirius

My RedOctane drum has the same dead-spot problem as the official Taiko drum. I guess it's just inherent in the design, but geez.

I'm hoping against all odds that the PS2 can remain a viable platform for music games even after the PS3 is released. I'll have two Taiko drums, a Guitar Hero guitar, a Beatmania controller, and two DDR pads... just need more music!

dock

impirius said:
I'm hoping against all odds that the PS2 can remain a viable platform for music games even after the PS3 is released.
Thanks to Sony being stupid, it seems likely that you won't even be able to use your PS2 peripherals on the PS3. Backwards compatibility out of the window, and the convenience of PS3 versions is gone too.

jarrod

Banned
Anyone have sales numbers for US releases of Taiko and Donkey Konga 1-2 handy? That might be a good indicator?

Ranger X

dock UK said:
Thanks to Sony being stupid, it seems likely that you won't even be able to use your PS2 peripherals on the PS3. Backwards compatibility out of the window, and the convenience of PS3 versions is gone too.

What the hell? Where did you get that? That would be really stupid.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
so nothing for the US huh? fuck. that is beyond weak.

Don't really feel like going through the trouble modding the ps2 and importing so it looks like I will just have to be extremely sad instead :(

How hard is it to mod and play imported games on the PS2? I've never played an import game before, but i'm hooked on Taiko and need more songs to play. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Top Bottom