• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two publisher planning to bring more older games to PS5 and Xbox Series X

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The parent company of Rockstar Games, which also counts 2K and Private Division among its publishing labels, previously confirmed plans to bring an “expanded and enhanced” version of GTA V to next-gen consoles in the second half of 2021.

During a Q&A session on Take-Two’s first quarter earnings call on Monday, CEO Struss Zelnick said: “In terms of your question about other older titles being brought to next-gen consoles, we always leave those announcements to our labels, but I’m sure there will be more in the future.”

CamHostage

Good for them, the Mafia rework looks significant, but except for Rockstar titles, I'm not coming up with too many 2K games that would be apt for a remaster?

Spec Ops: The Line, of course. Maybe Prey 1? The Darkness collection? Maybe Amped if they still own the brand? The Family Guy Game?

2K also used to go by Take-2 Games, but that library is dire. After Space Station Silicon Valley or Rocket: Robot on Wheels, you're left with some co-published titles, a lot of budget stuff, some PC games that maybe have some good ones among them that I didn't play, and... KISS: Psycho Circus – The Nightmare Child.

Last edited:
I've really lost most of my love for Rockstar. GTA5 did not elicit the same joy I once had with past GTA games. Never got around to playing RDR2. I was super hyped on it with early trailers, but after watching so much footage, I came to the conclusion that Rockstar is more interested in "wide linear" rather than true open world. Maybe I'll still give it a shot when it comes to next-gen consoles. I just feel Rockstar has turned a corner with the success of GTA5 online. Will there ever be a Bully 2?

Top Bottom