• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Kenzera: Zau releases Day 1 into the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog on April 23

Draugoth

Gold Member
14491e90bb19f0ef49b1cec2d733382e7e295684-scaled.jpeg

Source
Eventually, we all will contend with grief. It can come in many forms and from many different sources. Surgent Studios’ (founded by Abubakar Salim) debut game, Tales of Kenzera: Zau, is a 2.5D story-driven, action-exploration game all about facing those emotions and discovering how love gives us the courage to press on after a devastating loss, and it’s coming to the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog at launch on April 23rd, 2024! (Available with PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium memberships).​

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Didn't look too bad, I'll play to honor the guys dad at the very least, my dad also got me into games, buying our first computer, an Amiga 500.

He didn't really understand them and he still doesn't at 75 but he knew I loved them so I'll be forever grateful to him for that. I don't know if I'd be here without them to keep me going during the worst times I've had.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Game looks very interesting. Will def. check it out.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

"Eventually, we all will contend with grief. It can come in many forms and from many different sources. Surgent Studios’ (founded by Abubakar Salim) debut game, Tales of Kenzera: Zau, is a 2.5D story-driven, action-exploration game all about facing those emotions..."

Ah, an indie depression simulator. About as rare and interesting as a Red Hot Chili Peppers song about California.

Last edited:
Don't be silly. We all know by now that SBI are openly racist against Europeans and even Asians.
There is no reason to support racism in videogames, no matter the target.

So it's not the content of game itself, but rather that SBI has any form of involvement? If that's the case, I stand corrected and apologize.
Though I dont agree that they are racist against Europeans. I think they often go too far and try to overcorrect things in the industry.

Last edited:

skyfall

The people who made this game hate white people. But if that’s something you don’t care about, check it out I guess

Last edited:

tmlDan

Ugh, they consulted for this game? I was interested but if they are involved, it'll be a pass for me.
they did but it looks interesting, not like we have to pay for it since its on plus.

I don't think its fair to boycott small indie studios (I know its published by EA, but still its's a small passion project), they likely get larger funding and influence from big studios - boycott those instead.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

they did but it looks interesting, not like we have to pay for it since its on plus.

I don't think its fair to boycott small indie studios (I know its a part of EA, but still), they likely get larger funding and influence from big studios - boycott those instead.
This only works if you speak with your wallet and boycott...

It's either all SBI (and other DEI consulting studios) or we are just wasting our time Here.

We are going to have to have a backbone and avoid the games that we do want to play 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:

tmlDan

This only works if you speak with your wallet and boycott...

It's either all SBI (and other DEI consulting studios) or we are just wasting our time Here.

We are going to have to have a backbone and avoid the games that we do want to play 🤷‍♂️.
Maybe you're right, i can't really say anything otherwise and say i'm right without making assumptions

I just feel bad cause the devs are so passionate about this game.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Downloaded the demo. Will give it a spin at least. I swear, however, if I see one person in an African mythology-inspired setting refer to themselves as "they/them" or nonbinary, I'm deleting this shit pronto.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Maybe you're right, i can't really say anything otherwise and say i'm right without making assumptions

I just feel bad cause the devs are so passionate about this game.
You can feel bad for the devs for sure...

We don't have to give up our humanity. Just like... you don't have to play absolutely everything, some times games can just flop.

If the studio and the team are talented enough then they'll find an audience and next game they'll learn not to have DEI 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Banning and not promoting are 2 different things.

The hint is that they are two different words

People in this thread are talking about the game being "free" on PS Plus......and you say "Let's not promote it".
You sure you don't want it banned? lol

Is this GAFs anti version of the Stellar Blade Demo thread on reee?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

People in this thread are talking about the game being "free" on PS Plus......and you say "Let's not promote it".
You sure you don't want it banned? lol
Oof your gotcha kinda backfired didn't it 🤣... now your trying to infer and lead to something which I didn't say.

Honestly if you don't know the difference between promoting something and banning it then maybe you should be at resetera 🤷‍♂️

100s of indie games release everyday, not every game gets its own thread and special promotion on gaf...

JaksGhost

Oof your gotcha kinda backfired didn't it 🤣... now your trying to infer and lead to something which I didn't say.

Honestly if you don't know the difference between promoting something and banning it then maybe you should be at resetera 🤷‍♂️

100s of indie games release everyday, not every game gets its own thread and special promotion on gaf...
Well start promoting those games then. You have the power to create threads just like the others here.

ByWatterson

We banning games like reee now?

Yeah, I mean I don't agree with this either. I'm going to play games that look good to me. Spider-Man 2 was great, God of War Ragnarok was great, and I'll get around to Alan Wake II at some point.

I'm not going to deny myself great experiences just because some chodes worked on the game. If I did that, I'd never be able to play anything.

That said, this game just sounds like the same "sadness = art" navel-gazing we've seen a thousand times from developers who mistakenly think they have something unique to say.

mortal

Gold Member
Exactly... and we can choose to not support a racist company with racist employees 🤷‍♂️
Well sure, that's your prerogative to do so. It's not getting special treatment as you're implying lol.
You can just as easily highlight more indie games. Nothing is stopping you or anyone else on here from making threads like Draugoth Draugoth is the point.

Looks good, reminds me a lot of Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown which was fantastic. Not really too worried about a game set within African mythology starring black characters, some of you starting to lose the plot a little bit.

StueyDuck

Well sure, that's your prerogative to do so. It's not getting special treatment as you're implying lol.
You can just as easily highlight more indie games. Nothing is stopping you or anyone else on here from making threads like Draugoth Draugoth is the point.
Edit: consume , enjoy

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Well it does have its own thread when many games come to ps plus every month. I will say Dave the diver also has its own thread too.

Maybe an SBI warning in the thread title or OP is a fair thing to say then?
Well, then you'd just be treading down the same path that Reset Era is on. If you want that then be my guest, but I don't want that practice here.
You already have the Sweet Baby Inc. detector to make use of, as well as your discernment.

Top Bottom