• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ookami-kun said:
Recorded stream right here.

For summary.

- Resident Evil characters were considered "too dark" (Frank West, despite having zombies and gore, still have hilarious things in his game)

So Resident Evil was "too dark" for TvC, but a game with a FIGHTING CACTUS named Amingo and lego-lookalike Kobun (among others), plus cheesy jazz music, is A-OKAY!

_dementia said:
MVC1 didn't have Ken

But it did have Ryu able to change into Ken (and Akuma!), with the same moveset/animation/combos.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
So I have my copy of the game and played it tonight for about two hours. I'd played the Japanese version literally once about..well, what seems like a year ago so I am virtually starting fresh at this point.

My initial impressions on the game:

- VERY easy to just pick up and play. A lot of the fundamentals for the characters are seem pretty much the same so you can kind of pick up and play anyone once you get a feel for it. That said, each character is unique in their own way of course, so even though you can start many of the combos the same way, the applications of special and normal moves vary from character to character.

- Great speed and pace to the game, esp after playing so much SF4 it's a very nice change.

- AWESOME music. I don't remember the music being this good in the japanese version, not sure if they changed it or not but some of the best in-game music for a fighting game i've heard yet.

- Arcade mode is pretty easy for the most part. Each time you beat it you are presented with a slide show of images for the endings, and then you unlock certain items and new colors. I have yet to unlock any new characters but apparently you just play with either tatsunoko character to unlock them, or capcom character to unlock capcom characters.

PRO TIP: When facing the last boss, seems just chucking projectiles at him and running away is the best thing to do. Not sure how to beat him if your character doesnt have a fireball though. :lol​

- When you beat arcade mode and other modes you obtain Zeny (money) which you can use in the store to buy shit.

- Survival mode seems to be a bit of a joke. I'm sure I could up the difficulty but it was a real snooze fest. Got to 15 wins then let the computer kill me.

- Havent tried online yet but I will tomorrow so I'll let you guys know how that goes.

- The graphics... well, it is the Wii, and I bought a Wii just for this game. So I turned it on and was underwhelmed at first but I guess you cant expect too much from a 480p system. That said, once the game is in motion and you're doing combos it looks a lot better. I think they should have opted to do more 2d backgrounds with some 3d touched like CVS2 did but what can ya do... still a lot of fun to play.

My impressions on the new TVC Fight Stick:

- MarkMan was kind enough to hook up iPlayWinner with a fight stick and to be honest I was a bit skeptical. I used the MadCatz SE when I was writing the 1up guides for Street Fighter 4 and it only lasted about 3 days under my intense wear and tear of doing combos and everything else.

... this stick on the other hand is leaps and bounds above the SE. I am REAL picky about what I play on and figured I might have some issues with it but it's smooth as butter. I talked to akuma001 about modding it but he said there is "no need due to the modified parts". I wasnt sure I could believe him but after 2 hours of playing I pretty much forgot I wasn't playing on one of my own custom sticks I used at tournaments.

- The weight of this stick is great! It has a real sturdy feel to it and and it's not as light as many of the other sticks I have tried. The one reason I like the Virtua Stick High Grade so much is because it is not light weight, and this stick feels very similar.

- Not sure how to change the art -- it's not bad but I like more minimal designs myself. Sure I could ask MarkMan about that. :p

We've gotten some more help on the TVC guides at iPlayWinner and they are coming together nicely. As I mentioned they will be live just as soon as the game drops.

I'm also plannign doing a Haunts vs the World Tatsunoko vs Capcom edition next week as well. Those of you who dont know how that works, I basically accept game invites and stream the gameplay via ustream. I think this will be a great way for all of us to talk about the game a bit more and maybe learn something along the way. I'll be practicing hard over the next week so hopefully I wont embarrass myself. :lol

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Sounds good, Haunts!

Hope TvC Haunts vs the World is after the Euro release so I can join in and embarass myself :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So I just counted up my gift cards and I should actually be able to get this next week. O_O And also put aside some money to pre-order SoulSilver. :D

The more I read about the TvC-Stick, the more I want it but I just can't get together that amount of money considering the releases in the coming months...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Lyte Edge said:
So Resident Evil was "too dark" for TvC, but a game with a FIGHTING CACTUS named Amingo and lego-lookalike Kobun (among others), plus cheesy jazz music, is A-OKAY!

Actually I forgot to mention that they were referring to the monsters. They wanted to make Tyrant or Nemesis playable but they look gory.

Sadist

Hype hye hype.

Already read a Dutch review about the game, they gave it 91%. WANT.

Plus a Sin & Punishment 2 review, go go Europe

Sadist

Ookami-kun said:
The Dutch review is from the Nintendo UK magazine translated?
No, it's from a Dutch multi platform magazine called Power Unlimited. Dude who wrote the review is a total fighternut and he thinks the game is pretty damn amazing.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
shit...... almost thinking about grabbing a second stick now. sounds great. thanks!@

as for changing artwork haunts, should be the same as the other SE sticks.. not tough.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sadist said:
No, it's from a Dutch multi platform magazine called Power Unlimited. Dude who wrote the review is a total fighternut and he thinks the game is pretty damn amazing.

How many reviews does that make? NP's 9/10, and...?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The OP has the reviews so far (91 from Nintendo UK, 9/10 from NP, and 8/10 from GI). Then there's this French review Nintendo Action which gave it 9/10 too.

I wonder what will Edge give to it though, since they have it in their recent magazine.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Ookami-kun said:
The OP has the reviews so far (91 from Nintendo UK, 9/10 from NP, and 8/10 from GI). Then there's this French review Nintendo Action which gave it 9/10 too.

I wonder what will Edge give to it though, since they have it in their recent magazine.

Threi

notag
Good shit haunts.

So when are we gunna get a "haunts vs the wolrd: TvC Edition"?

*edit* you said you would, sweeeeet. Gunna fuck u up with my flowchart karas get ready son...you don't have sagat to hide behind this time :D

Dascu

Sadist said:
Who was it? Jurjen? Been a while since I read PU.

donkey show said:
I'm gonna rock faces with Team Space Lance. :lol
Joe Condor/Viewtiful Joe for me
I'm contractually obligated to play characters in Fighting games that share my name.

as you can imagine, the CPS3 JoJo games are instantly awesome

_dementia said:
Joe Condor/Viewtiful Joe for me
I'm contractually obligated to play characters in Fighting games that share my name.

as you can imagine, the CPS3 JoJo games are instantly awesome
That's a good motto to live by. :lol

And I wasn't going to, but I just popped the order in for the TvC stick just now on Amazon thanks to haunts' review. Wanna get a little practice on it this weekend with CGoH before the awesome hits the fan next week. :D

ReiGun

Casshan and Chun Li for me. Team "We got Lightning Punches and Thunder Thighs". :D And of course, once I unlock Ai, gonna use Team Yatta! Yatta! Yattaman! as a secondary.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The router is literally just across the room, like a couple yards... it won't cripple me will it? o_o

Fritz

Just placed an order. Im quite excited.

off topic: Why do I even bother buying games here in Germany when I can order them for half the price incl. shipping from the UK

DR2K

Banned
Andrex said:
The router is literally just across the room, like a couple yards... it won't cripple me will it? o_o

I've never come across any issues in connection quality with wireless routers. Using a wired connection isn't going to make things better, and I've done multiple tests on both X360 and PS3 with wired and wireless specifically for fighting games. I've also done it form across my house and a few yards away, also no difference.

If a game has a poor netcode, or you connection with another player is bad then there's nothing you can do.

Dascu

Sadist said:
Nope, Steven.

Jurjen reviewed the Japanese version last year actually. Those two are the best writers of the bunch.
Jan Meiroos (sp?) was pretty good too. Except that 99/100 score for Assassin's Creed.

Sadist

Dascu said:
Jan Meiroos (sp?) was pretty good too. Except that 99/100 score for Assassin's Creed.
Jan is good, but man he got his fair share of hate because of that review :lol

Three good writers it is.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
My team is usually Ryu/Ken the Eagle or Ryu/Batsu

but want to try Joe the Condor/frank west team out

Raadius

Banned
THis game is gonna be soo clutch! Gives me a reason to dust of my Wii and start playing with it again (ayoooo) lol.

DR2K said:
I've never come across any issues in connection quality with wireless routers. Using a wired connection isn't going to make things better, and I've done multiple tests on both X360 and PS3 with wired and wireless specifically for fighting games. I've also done it form across my house and a few yards away, also no difference.

If a game has a poor netcode, or you connection with another player is bad then there's nothing you can do.

Basically you're saying that wireless packets won't be dropped at all with all sorts of interference that is present in most homes.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

KaYotiX

Banned
wont buy a stick for the Wii, alrdy have one for my PS3 and 360. Classic controller all the way LOL! Not sure of my team but it will be Chun + anyone else for sure.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I must find this early in Toronto. My luck will probably be with Gamerama (barf), but I'm hoping Game Centre comes through instead!

Top Bottom