• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TCP/IP direct multiplayer connection issues..experts needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrboyev

So I'm feeling pretty stupid when it comes to this. Last night me and two my two brothers were trying to play combat flight simulator 2 over tcp/ip and we were having some issues with their router to my knowledge but I'm not there to look at it.

anyways heres the deal. If I host a game. I give them my IP and one of them can connect just fine to me and my other brother can connect but can't see me or my other brother and will get booted. My brothers live in the same house and have a network set up where one of them is wireless using a linksys router. I'm pretty positive they both use the same WAN IP address and that could be the problem maybe? Also if they host the game I cannot connect to them so I figure their router is blocking my ip address. They both shut off their firewalls and it still won't let me get through. Are there settings in the router to let me in? We tried opening ports but not sure if thats what we need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom