• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8: Leo Revealed

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I thought we just had an announcement that it was the entire roster?? And now Leo’s in as well?

saintjules

Hmmm

EW3smjGUwAAN9xv

With these stupid characters I think I'd welcome a fighting game that goes back to the barebones 8-10 character roster that all non established multi sequel titles seemed to start with back in the day.
I 100% agree with this. None of these games needs more than 16 characters, all in. I'd much rather see a smaller number of complex characters than a complex roster.

Tekken characters all have paper-thin personalities at this point, with only a few exceptions. I agree should just go back to the basics with a less-is-more approach. I don't give a shit about 80% of the roster.

Speaking from a Leo main in Tekken 6, TTT2. This is shit design, shit voice , shit rage art.
Movesets get buff a lots though.

Goodbye Leo, Reina is my new main now. Don't need to play this half-ass tomboy wanabe anymore :>

Last edited:

SSfox

Looks great

Preorder my Ultimate yesterday

F_fAb7aWsAA5Xlp

PS: Even tho it was total fuck off with a weird PSN CE- 112840-6 that didn't let me to buy anything, until i did some stuff to fix it.

YCoCg

With these stupid characters I think I'd welcome a fighting game that goes back to the barebones 8-10 character roster that all non established multi sequel titles seemed to start with back in the day.
I 100% agree with this. None of these games needs more than 16 characters, all in. I'd much rather see a smaller number of complex characters than a complex roster.
Tekken characters all have paper-thin personalities at this point, with only a few exceptions. I agree should just go back to the basics with a less-is-more approach. I don't give a shit about 80% of the roster.
Yeah Street Fighter V tried that and look how that went, it wasn't the only reason but it was a major one.

If they shipped a game with only 16 characters for full price then people would tear it apart.

Don't know if I should be happy or sad about these graphics. On one hand it looks better than most fg's, on the other the game looks nowhere near how they portrayed them to be. We've had some of the worst downgrades ever this gen.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
One thing that took my interest away from Tekken was all the new characters and their move sets. Nothing felt better after Tekken Tag Tournament. I played lots of 5-7 plus Dark Resurrection. It’s cool they have so many characters, but I’m not playing as Leo or most of the new cast. Things just get weird for OG Tekken players. Move sets aren’t as addicting to memorize.

Top Bottom