• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis Games on PS5 and Xbox

T-0800

I've been playing the PS5 trial of Topspin 2Kwhatever and I find the timing on the shots to be really unintuitive. It never feels right even when it says I hit a perfect shot. I also hate the little cutscenes in between points because the character models are so poorly done. These models wound't look good on PS3. Gameplay graphics are pretty solid.

Last edited:

jonnyp

If you play VR:
giphy.gif

Sleepwalker

I've been playing the PS5 trial of Topspin 2Kwhatever and I find the timing on the shots to be really unintuitive. It never feels right even when it says I hit a perfect shot. I also hate the little cutscenes in between points because the character models are so poorly done. These models wound't look good on PS3. Gameplay graphics are pretty solid.
There's a trial?

bender

What time is it?

Thanks for the impressions. This iteration of Top Spin has always given me The Golf Club/2K Golf vibes.

I'm super disappointed with the new Topspin 2k24 ...the graphics absolutely suck and there's only like 25 players and half are women. Nobody cares about women's tennis. Pro tennis there is such a massive discrepancy between men and women. They just had to be politically correct about it and now the roster has only 12 men players ..no Djokovic no Sampras and missing many other players that could've made things more exciting.

Also, you look at topspin 4 side by side with this new one and it's pretty sad now little progress they've made graphically. They got Federer and Serena to do motioncap which is great but they shpuldve mo capped many more players actual stroke to really get a great tennis game.

I think the graphics look good when you're playing but during the cutscenes the faces look horrible! It's like going back in time 15 years.
Also, why do the cutscenes run at 30 fps? The switch between 60 fps gameplay en 30 fps cutscenes is really jarring.

I liked the gameplay for the short time I played.

T-0800

I think the graphics look good when you're playing but during the cutscenes the faces look horrible! It's like going back in time 15 years.
Also, why do the cutscenes run at 30 fps? The switch between 60 fps gameplay en 30 fps cutscenes is really jarring.

I liked the gameplay for the short time I played.
I agree with all that. I do think there is a good tennis game here I just struggled to click with the timing of hitting the ball well during the 2 hour trial. I've seen people online play some great looking matches and they were clearly having no problem hitting perfect shots.

Pete Sampras in this game looks like he's trying to sell you an Intellivision.

Top Bottom