• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That Last of Us 2 sales drop is impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

idrago01

Banned
Ew! What an absolute beg of a thread 😂 - these types of discussions still being held? Looosers........... I guess some are still utterly pressed the game did so well even with all the polarising hate and flop of a boycott. The game could have come out the top 10 a year later and there’d still be a thread about it as if it were some winning feat for the haters.
Spider-Man left the top 10 at some point, no? It happens. Guarantee LoU will be back in there. Also, I love the absolute cringe lie about there being no fan base 🥴
Oh hon. Your making the haters hate the haters 🙂
oh stahp it

Fbh

I'll just say, it took me longer than expected to sell my copy. Had to lower the price a bit and it still took like 2 weeks. (meanwhile my copy of Mario Kart 8 that I was selling for pretty much the same price was gone in 2 days).

Ulysses 31

I'll just say, it took me longer than expected to sell my copy. Had to lower the price a bit and it still took like 2 weeks. (meanwhile my copy of Mario Kart 8 that I was selling for pretty much the same price was gone in 2 days).
You sold Mario Kart 8 because you already have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, right? Right? 👀

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Yes, TLOU2 is going down, baby! Bringing Cuckmann and Naughty Dog to their knees!

fLesZwD.jpg

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its kinda amazing to see how angry some people are two months on...
You have this weird need to defend it because it's a gay/trans game, but even you can't deny the word of mouth of this game is awful.

The only people harping on about representation and politics in the game are anti-SJW types like yourself.

Honestly, despite the silly amount of time I've spent arguing on here about the game, I cannot remember anyone who liked the game stressing it was because of its progressive gender politics. It simply wasn't relevant to my enjoyment, a big nothing-burger.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Shit.

If used copies are going for $25, I'd give it a go.

I loved TLOU1. Trailer for this game looked sick (as in good). A whole bunch of shit got spoiled and the narrative surprised have been blown for me....but I enjoyed the gameplay from 1....so yeah, I'll budge on a used copy for $25.

(Edit: per FB Marketplace, game is going for $45 used)(not at that price)

Last edited:

Alebrije

For an sotry oriented game this is not a surprise...since its story sucks the game wont have legs....1st week was great because all the expectations and fanbase but after the story began to spread like the plague sales dropped.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I find it odd that some on GAF have such a hate-on for this game that goes beyond just not liking the gameplay or whatever. Like they're personally offended and threatened by this game's existence.
The hate really has reached another level. The game is already successful and with the improved engine, Naughty Dog's new IP will be 🔥

Fbh

You sold Mario Kart 8 because you already have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, right? Right? 👀
Sorry Mario Kart Deluxe.

Nah I was short on cash and actually wanted to buy TLOU2. I realized it didn't make much sense to still own Mario Kart. I never play it on my own, I don't play Nintendo stuff online and the few people I might occasionally play it locally with already own it, so we can just use their copy.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
The game has fallen out of almost all Top 10 charts. In some countries, it sells now less than older games like Spiderman. The boxes are almost glued into the shelves of the retailers and special / collectors edition are still available.

In addition, you can find it used for 25 dollars or less.

It is a massive sales drop. While initially it sold amazing, now it is almost gone.

Also, there seems to be no fanbase, no positive word to mouth. While you find viral stuff about Ghost of Tsushima outside of games media, you did not find anything about the Last of Us 2.
The game literally has 0 fun in it

They Made the fan base hate them for how they mistreated a beloved Character

They put focus on an unlikeable new Main Character.

Don't want to play it

GreyHorace

It's a story based game, and the story happens to be shit.

If it had fun gameplay mechanics it would have made up for that. But it's largely a retread of the first title's gameplay with no significant innovations.

The fact that the usual suspects of 'game journalists' and SJW ideologues are going overboard in defending this garbage shows much it failed as a tentpole exclusive for Sony. Meanwhile Ghost of Tsushima has been a huge success with the gaming audience (especially in Japan), and thus has been deemed 'problematic' amongst the NPC elite.

Des

The first one sold long-term and stayed in the charts forever and that why it is different now. The sales are short term and it fell out of the charts faster.
And yet despite having sold less, TLOU2 has already made more money in the US in two months than TLOU1 did in 7 years. Really goes to show how much the original was bundled.

Three

When you compare this to the first game; which sold 20 mil. Its a pretty fucking failure of a game.
What nonsense
Last of Us 1:
3.4 Million copies in 3 weeks

Last of Us 2:
4 million copies in one weekend

I don't understand why people are trying to paint this game as a failure but it's selling better.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I don't understand why people are trying to paint this game as a failure but it's selling better.

Trying to push their own agenda that the game is "objectively bad", while this is obviously shown to be false. Should surprise nobody that GAF would have topics like this.

What nonsense
Last of Us 1:
3.4 Million copies in 3 weeks

Last of Us 2:
4 million copies in one weekend

Cause of salt.

Once it wins game of the year I m here to enjoy some salt with my popcorn

Tlou2 is game of the generation . They should deal with it.😌🤣

Trogdor1123

Is it really that bad? I'm waiting for a big sale before getting it. It seemed like it looked fine, I haven't really been paying too much attention as I don't want to spoil too much

The retail version sells poorly here in Germany. That is evident from the massive drop in price. You can buy the regular version new for 40-45€. The Special Edition dropped from 100€ to 70 after 3 weeks (it took until July 7th). Shelfs in stores are overflowing with TLOU2 copies. They certainly expected to sell many more copies.

The last time I saw such a price drop and massive amount of unsold copies lying around was with Battlefield V...

Really curious to see the numbers in half a year.

Lupingosei

Banned
The retail version sells poorly here in Germany. That is evident from the massive drop in price. You can buy the regular version new for 40-45€. The Special Edition dropped from 100€ to 70 after 3 weeks (it took until July 7th). Shelfs in stores are overflowing with TLOU2 copies. They certainly expected to sell many more copies.

The last time I saw such a price drop and massive amount of unsold copies lying around was with Battlefield V...

Really curious to see the numbers in half a year.

Pretty much the same thing here. The collectors edition went down 50-60 dollars already as well.

The shelves are full, some smaller retailers still have 5 or more collectors editions and still a tons of games.

Saber

This game really exposed a lot of people.
more they cant look away from their own bigotry,console wars ,inmadurity and bad taste

Let me guess...because who don't like this game "can only be homophobe"? Where did I heard that...oh yeah basically in every ToU2 thread, because you clowns keep repeating the same thing over and over.

I wasn't kidding when I said this your trump card.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
It's a SP-only game with no replay value, plus a lot of controversy around it, so anyone who didn't bought it a launch is most likely getting it second hand now from the folks who did got it day one, and have no intentions to wait for/play Fractions.

MiguelItUp

The only thing I hate about the TLOU2 threads is that it never feels like people can have a decent conversation about the topic. It immediately becomes an "us vs them" situation, and it's ridiculous. People like the game, people dislike the game, there are threads praising the game, and threads doing the opposite. But radical lovers and haters see it as their personal bat signal and rush to battle. It's hysterical, lmao.

Despite overselling Gow on release(tlou 2 sold almost 1 mil more), its now lagging behind Gow after 2 months. Does it tell you anything?
Yep it tells me that GoW will eventually sell better.
Cause of salt.

Once it wins game of the year I m here to enjoy some salt with my popcorn

Tlou2 is game of the generation . They should deal with it.😌🤣
Nope it's either God of War or Bloodborne.

Last edited:

Ellery

So much neo members posting here...
If people find the haters annoying imagine the defenders.

The defenders are the worst.

It is a peaceful and quiet day and Lupingosei just wanted to inform the world how poorly The Last of Us Part II is doing all based on ancedotal evidence and misinformation based on how he perceives word to mouth, but then the god damn defenders had to have the audacity of coming in here and correcting factual mistakes and pointing out double standards while asking for sources regarding the information he is spreading.

Everything about this game is controversial. Even the opinions around it.

You have die hard Sony boot lickers who defend this game with every thing they have even managing to insult others(their only defense are: you got filtered bohoo/you’re a bigot. Lmao)

and then some who don’t like it mostly based on the characters and all they want is chaos.

Well this is chaos. Even if TLOU2 wins GOTY it won’t help it to get better sales or be better in the eyes of the people who shat on it.The ship has already sailed. The game is 100% a failure considering the first one but it’s not a failure at all if we treat it as diff ip.

Honestly I’m glad the game couldn’t reach TLOU1 in any way. Just let me forget about it already. GAF ffs🤣

False advertisement of joel in the trailers and fans of the first game who went blind led to the 4 million units shipped to retailers.

I’m glad the game got leaked, saved me a lot of money.
The game SOLD 4 million units in the first 3 days not shipped.

Neff

I'll just say what I say in every TLoU2 thread- it's a cracking game and better than the original in every way. If not for FF7R it would have been my GOTY.

Dorohedoro

Witcher 3 is amazing but lacks a good combat to be considered game of the generation
Thought it was decent, it could've been better, but everything else more than makes up for it imo. I recently played Witcher 2, and its combat is like 50x worse tho, good god...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom