• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S2 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
h3QDbzW.jpg

After a great freshman season, The Americans returns for a 13-episode second season on Wednesday, February 26th at 10pm on FX. Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys star as two KGB spies posing as Americans in Washington D.C. in the 1980's. The cast also includes Noah Emmerich, and Margo Martindale will be guest-starring again this season. Joe Weisberg is serving as showrunner with a few other EP's, including Graham Yost, helping out. The S1 dvd/blu-ray are out in stores now, and you can also watch on Amazon Prime if you're interested in catching up on the series.
FX said:
The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of "Philip" (Matthew Rhys) and "Elizabeth Jennings" (Keri Russell), who have two children – 14-year-old "Paige" (Holly Taylor) and 11-year-old "Henry" (Keidrich Sellati), who know nothing about their parents’ true identity – grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Their neighbor, "FBI Agent Stan Beeman" (Noah Emmerich) has already come dangerously close to discovering their secret, but was thwarted by "Nina" (Annet Mahendru), his KGB mole and paramour. Torn between his wife "Sandra" (Susan Misner) and his deepening feelings for Nina, Stan is completely unaware that the beautiful Russian is actually a double agent, reporting on him to the KGB. Philip has been more successful handling his mole within the FBI, "Martha" (Alison Wright), assistant to Stan’s boss, "Special Agent Gaad" (Richard Thomas). Romancing Martha under the guise of one of his cover identities, an FBI bureaucrat named "Clark," Philip has secured her unquestioning loyalty…by marrying her. Meanwhile, in the Jennings’ house, Paige has become increasingly suspicious that her parents are hiding something.

Cast:

1fmv68C.jpg
7ajou1t.jpg

• Keri Russell as Elizabeth Jennings
  • Matthew Rhys as Phillip Jennings
  • Noah Emmerich as Agent Stan Beeman
  • Holly Taylor as Paige Jennings
  • Keidrich Sellati as Henry Jennings
  • Annet Mahendru as Nina
  • Susan Misner as Sandra Beeman
  • Alison Wright as Martha Hanson
  • Richard Thomas as Special Agent Frank Gaad
T6Xo6mG.jpg
eu1TGtj.jpg
8pndiYb.jpg
f4Tb2II.jpg
q13a6K2.jpg
POtXwij.jpg
KFvqCiN.jpg

Videos (please spoiler tag discussion of promotional material)
Links
1T81igx.jpg

News:
Promotional pictures: (click to enlarge)

Reviews & Comments
Sepinwall said:
Really liked “The Americans” in S1, but starting to feel evangelical based on early S2 episode. SO good.
EW said:
Season 2 is just as brainy and twisty and kinky [as season 1], and it ratchets up the suspense by making the threats to our "heroes" even more personal.

Schedule
  • Ep 201 - Comrades - Feb 26
  • Ep 202 - Cardinal - Mar 5
  • Ep 203 - The Walk In - Mar 12
  • Ep 204 - A Little Night Music - Mar 19
  • Ep 205 - The Deal - Mar 26
  • Ep 206 - Behind the Red Door - Apr 2
  • Ep 207 - ARPANET - Apr 9
  • Ep 208 - New Car - Apr 16
  • Ep 209 - Apr 23
  • Ep 210 - Yousaf - Apr 30
  • Ep 211 - Stealth - May 7
  • Ep 212 - May 14
  • Ep 213 - May 21
Episode 201 | Season Premiere - Comrades

Elizabeth comes back from her injury and straight into what should have been a routine mission — but it goes awry, leaving her and Philip in fear not only for themselves but for their whole network… and family. Paige's suspicions have only grown in her mother's absence. Meanwhile, Stan continues to fall for the Russian agent who has started to play him...

GIFs
bYJ4HdP.gif
ibhUwzAkyg603P.gif

i5Zd1gwiwybXH.gif
i80q0XrhMYGNM.gif

VHvn4yb.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nice work as usual Cornballer. Looking forward to the new season. Still need to get around to finishing my rewatch (just the finale left :/).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Season 1 was a great ride, so I'm definitely down for more. Last year was fantastic for freshmen shows coming out of the gate strong. Arrow, The Americans, The Bridge, Hannibal. FX has been leading the pack with quality programming for me.

I need to catch up on the first season. I really liked what I saw of it.

I fell off too, not out of disinterest. Not gonna bother tho. Just gonna jump on with season 2 again. That Sepinwall quote in the OP's got me hype.

EDIT: Shit S1 free on Prime huh. Maybe I will do a rewatch.

ibhUwzAkyg603P.gif

Why don't we use this gif more often?!
We really should. It's so strange and hilarious.
Also, TUSK TUSK TUSK TUSK!
The Americans tribute video featuring Tusk? Yes, indeed.

I fell off too, not out of disinterest. Not gonna bother tho. Just gonna jump on with season 2 again. That Sepinwall quote in the OP's got me hype.
FWIW, it's well worth watching all of S1 if you're enjoying the series. Also note that they're replaying the S1 finale "The Colonel" at 9pm before the premiere next Wednesday.

Silkworm

Woo! Justified will be back next week along with Archer and now the start of the second season of The Americans. Looking forward to it! :)

Subscribed.

I had a blast with the first season, they're getting most, if not all of the nuances of the 80s down pat and being a child of that era, watching this show has been one big, nostalgic romp for me.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Subscribed.

I had a blast with the first season, they're getting most, if not all of the nuances of the 80s down pat and being a child of that era, watching this show has been one big, nostalgic romp for me.

I'm in love with the ugly ass furniture and upholstery.

Brown everywhere.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Loved what I saw of Season 1, but didn't finish since my stupid DVR stopped recording the rest of the series. Now is a good time to catch up in time for the new season.

demolitio

Can't wait for this to come back. The Cold War and spying in general is a subject I could read about for days so it's nice having a drama based around it.

I hope some of the intentional leaks are brought up this year. Some crazy stuff.

Bring on the 80's music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom