• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the annarchy saga continues over at penny-arcade

pilonv1

pa-unfunny.jpg

Uter

Pimpbaa said:
Oh no a cute PA strip! My masculinity is threatened! PA sucks!

Everyone here is actually afraid of demasculinization and lashing out wildly. Yeah, that is SO what is causing these critical comments about the strip being unfunny, not PA's recent complete lack of humor.

Neex

Banned
When did PA play themselves up to be anything earth-shatteringly funny three times a week?

Jeez, the strips are amusing and the character expression is very well done. What more do you fucking want from a comic?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I have a crazy idea.

How about if when someone posts a thread about a new Penny Arcade, or a new VGCats or any other polarizing web comic, those of you who hate the strip can just stay out of the thread? I mean, regardless of the content of the strip, you already know you're going to say how much the strip sucks, so why not just save everyone the bother of reading it?

SteveMeister said:
I have a crazy idea.

How about if when someone posts a thread about a new Penny Arcade, or a new VGCats or any other polarizing web comic, those of you who hate the strip can just stay out of the thread? I mean, regardless of the content of the strip, you already know you're going to say how much the strip sucks, so why not just save everyone the bother of reading it?

How about no?

Borys

Banned
SteveMeister said:
I have a crazy idea.

How about you get back to Fallout 3 and make sure it won't suck?

Thanks in advance :)

APF

Ignatz Mouse said:
The PA guys are clearly going for story over funny. Anybody notice that these *aren't* gag strips?
Exactly, although I'd add that they aren't at all good at story telling (which probably contributes to PA's playful jabs at their own forays into continuity). I don't know why people seem to like the CTS stuff or most of their UBI comics, outside of the fact that it's PA doing them...

Burger

SteveMeister said:
I have a crazy idea.

What is this, China ?

Yeah, lets make a rule where you can only compliment Penny Arcade in PA threads. That would be so much more fun than you know, ripping the shit out of them.

Burger said:
What is this, China ?

Yeah, lets make a rule where you can only compliment Penny Arcade in PA threads. That would be so much more fun than you know, ripping the shit out of them.

In soviet Russia PA Compliments you!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Burger said:
What is this, China ?

No, but it's like a pavlovian response -- PA/VGCats thread, 10 pages of hate. Gets tiresome. Guess I'll just opt out of reading them.

MC Safety

SteveMeister said:
No, but it's like a pavlovian response -- PA/VGCats thread, 10 pages of hate. Gets tiresome. Guess I'll just opt out of reading them.

If you go, you'll miss such bons mots as ...

This Penny-Arcade is a black hole from which no funny may escape.

And...

If suck was currency, the Penny Arcade guys could afford to buy the funny.

Uter

SteveMeister said:
I have a crazy idea.

Obviously you would support the same rules for people who like Penny Arcade too, you know, so that your position is a logical one..

koam

20050708l.jpg

I don't get this one at all.

Oh and I like how people say PA is not funny and then post these retarded mockups which are worse.

pilonv1

koam said:
Oh and I like how people say PA is not funny and then post these retarded mockups which are worse.

The difference is they're done in less than 10 minutes with no thought, and at worst they're as unfunny as PA.

FightyF

Banned
I've been visiting GA since 97 or so...well, a LONG TIME.

And I have to say that this is the stupidest thread I've ever read on the Gaming side.

Top Bottom