• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the annarchy saga continues over at penny-arcade

etiolate said:
ohnopa.jpg

WINNAR

:lol :lol :lol

Ha, way way back I used to use "Your_mom" as my name in Quake 2! "Your_mom" tripped on a grenade, etc. The joke isn't complete without mentioning the skin I used was the crack whore skin. :)

Nice to see I wasn't the only one who thought of it.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Fight for Freeform said:
I've been visiting GA since 97 or so...well, a LONG TIME.

And I have to say that this is the stupidest thread I've ever read on the Gaming side.

Also one of the funniest in recent memory. Seriously, you guys are fucking retarded. :D

Keep up the good work.

Matlock

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Because Matlock is not funny. His sheer brute forcing at comedic attempts in order to get one through is kinda wearing thin.

This one actually wasn't intended to be funny. I was bored and tossed SotL quotes in there for the hell of it.

Koshiba

One thing I can relate with though is being a young female wanting to go to a LAN. :lol Reminds me of when I was 12. Cept I didn't like pink or my little ponies..

Matlock

Banned
Sapienshomo said:
Who is PA even written for these days?

It's not for you.

Actually, what happened is that the PA forumites said "sure, give us a storyline while you guys are on break so you can work 'em out a little easier...maybe about annarchy."

And this is what we got.

Uter

Matlock said:
It's not for you.

Actually, what happened is that the PA forumites said "sure, give us a storyline while you guys are on break so you can work 'em out a little easier...maybe about annarchy."

And this is what we got.

Well... Just as long as they asked for something really really unfunny.

EXPECTATIONS MET!@#

Boogie

So, absolutely no payoff to this trainwreck of a saga. Wonderful.

And to think, Matlock called Annarchy an "awesome character" :lol

Matlock

Banned
Boogie said:

She was! Then she was drug through a shitty storyline!

GhaleonEB

Boogie said:

...I actually liked it. The payoff wasn't a laugh, but it was there. Ann is still awesome.

The Ann storyline - which huge nerds at the convention have dubbed the Ann Arc, has finally reached its scandalous conclusion. The summer teen movie phase of Penny Arcade is over, and we may now resume making whatever it is we usually make. It's been a couple weeks, I'll probably need to hit the archive and take notes. I dimly recall a scorpion, pulsing with an emerald light.

I thought that would make some of the haters happy.

Draft

SteveMeister said:
Nah, for folks just look at the comic without the context of the associated article. That makes it much easier to hate on it, because after all, it's up to them, not Tycho & Gabe, to decide that the comics must absolutely stand on their own.
Yes, far be it from people to decide whether or not a 3 panel comic is funny before reading its 10 paragraph cliffnote.

Top Bottom