• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Banjo-Tooie XBLA Official Thread

Flunkie

Banned
Amir0x said:
Yes, finally! All notes/jiggies/S&S items/honeycombs collected + Gruntilda Boss done. Just have those seven jigsaw puzzles to complete and that's absolutely everything in Kazooie. Then, onto Tooie!
I feel your pain on those puzzles. My God, if that's not the most frustrating thing I've ever done in a game..

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just got 200/200 now...a lot easier than it was in Kazooie, fucking puzzles. :lol

I found the last fight in tooie to be a lot harder than I remembered though, kazooie's head constantly recentering unless you held the stick up got annoying.

autobzooty said:
On the subject of SnS II...

Go check out the places where SnS was hidden in the N64 version. They contain different items and will appear on your SnSII screen along with a cryptic message. So far, I have four SnSII items, one from the Banjo-Kazooie egg, and 3 from the places where SnS was found in the original BT. I wonder what it all means...?

For those wanting to know where to look for the other SnSII items, there's one above the waterfall in Spiral Mountain which you need the Grip Grab move to access, one above the stump area in Spiral Mountain behind a cage you need grenade eggs to blow open, and one in a cave in the sandy area of Jinjo Village, which you also need the Grip Grab move to access.

I found another earlier,
just get the mega glowbo and turn into dragon kazooie for it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Still stupid hard. She starts off slower if you start off slow, but I still don't really get when to start going faster.

I beat her by starting off with the turbo setting on 1, then 2 a few seconds later. I would crank it up to 3 when going uphill, but shift back down to 2 when going downhill or on a flat line.

Basically, conserve your energy unless you're going uphill. If you don't go fast enough uphill, you're fucked. But you're also fucked if you go too fast downhill, so it's kind of tricky.

I found & entered my B-K 1 code . . . I guess I'll entertain myself with that one before getting this. It has been so many years since I played it that it all seemed fresh to me.

senahorse

speculawyer said:
I found & entered my B-K 1 code . . . I guess I'll entertain myself with that one before getting this. It has been so many years since I played it that it all seemed fresh to me.

Having not owned an N64 the xbla release of BK was the first time I played the game. And I can honestly say that it still holds up exceptionally well. I had 30 hours (yes a lot longer than most but I did collect everything) of solid fun over the past week with BK and now on to Tooie, imo, great value at 1200pts.

Sydle

Flunkie said:
I feel your pain on those puzzles. My God, if that's not the most frustrating thing I've ever done in a game..

The last puzzle was the most frustrating experience I've had in a game in a very, very long time.

atbigelow

Just played BT for about 8 hours straight. I just opened stage 7 and realized that I had never gotten past the point I am at now.

When I was younger, the Bottle's puzzles owned me. But replaying it on arcade for some reason, I only had to try twice on puzzles 6 and 7.

Maybe it's the HD and actually being able to see what's on the pieces :lol.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Papercuts said:
Still stupid hard. She starts off slower if you start off slow, but I still don't really get when to start going faster.
just pause the game when you get fatigued, then start again after a minute or so.

It was how I got past it as a kid.

Wizpig

I also found B-K puzzles quite easy now, but as a kid i had a hard time beating the WishyWashyBanjo one.

Anyways, as a kid i loved every single level, but playing the games today... i started to dislike some. [Click Clock Wood and Glitter Gulch Mines]

birdman

ARGH! Why won't the GD secret doors open in the FPS part of Mayhem Temple? I can't get all the statue heads.

Edit: Never mind, I'm a putz. I didn't try hitting A.

BigAT

Does anyone have any idea if this will be getting released anytime soon on the Amazon store? I would like to use a $10 credit I have on there towards it.

voltron

So this game really is pretty damn impressive. Every time I start a new level now theres always this "oh shit" moment... "where do I start". I find each is like a big puzzle and bewilderment slowly changes to understanding and satisfaction as you crack the various nuts of that particular level.

Something Im not sure about yet is the whole ability to access different levels from the level youre in. (You can get to Witchy World from Terry-Dactyl land for instance). For anyone that knows, am I to assume whenever I can do this that there is a good reason for that ability? Like is it subtly telling me that whatever new skill I learnt in TerryDactyl land is going to help me with something in Witchy World?

And this is random but maybe someone can help: where do I find the skill that lets me walk up walls? I.E. use those duck looking feet that you see going up the side of buildings.

And how do I de-electrify that section in Witchy World?

Its a great game, but it certainly has its share of frustrations. Sometimes I turn it on and just have no idea what to do next.

Rlan

Sometimes it does. Like you have to open a box in the mines which the thing inside will try to get to Witchy world, but you have to open that door in Witchy world, then turn the power on.

To open the power gates, as well as inflate the castle in Witchy world, you have to use the Grenade Eggs you just got. It's not very obvious outside of that's the latest thing you get :/

Also the GlowBo for Humba in Witchy World is IN the tent, prooving just how horribly useless those things really are and are nothing more than a small hindrance and a leftover from the "collect shit" days of DK64.

voltron

Yeah Ive done the blow up castle. You mean all this time there has been a way to open those gates with a grenade egg? DAMN

and you need to take something from the mines to power the UFO in Witchy world?

Rlan

No, the UFO gets powered once you start up the power plant. To power the plant you need Mumbo, to get to Mumbo you have to put a coin into the area next to the fire mountain, to put a coin in you need to be a money van, to be a money van you need to talk to Wumba.

voltron

Rlan said:
No, the UFO gets powered once you start up the power plant. To power the plant you need Mumbo, to get to Mumbo you have to put a coin into the area next to the fire mountain, to put a coin in you need to be a money van, to be a money van you need to talk to Wumba.

Yeah Ive done all that dude.

Done the van stuff. Done the Mumbo stuff.

Can you give me a hint where to get the ability to walk up walls?

voltron

watkinzez said:
Walking up walls isn't until level 6. The footprints in Witchyworld don't take you anywhere useful until then, anyway.

I seem to have hit a wall in Terry-Dactyl land, and feeding the hungry guys in the cave seems to be my only idea for progress. And to do that I need to get food from Witchy and the only way I can get back to Terry-dactl land is to climb up the stairs in Witchy.

Im sure theres more that I can do in Terry-dactyl land, I just seem to have a hit a wall.

So, anyone here have "Now Who's Boss" Stop n Swop II achievement yet? I currently need to shave off 13 more seconds on the bosses. I think I can do it!

I'm currently the person right after everyone else who has it so far :(

Edit: Woo, just got it! #79! I'll improve that later.

Edit2: Well, it's later. #57!

I still can't beat the 7 jigsaw puzzles in kazooie, I get hung up on the second one, which sucks because I've done and collected everything else, still can't wait for tooie in the rare replay.

Top Bottom