• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE BATMAN – Main Trailer

ManaByte

Gold Member
The 4K version via Vimeo

time guy GIF

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This guy is easily one of my fav directors in Hollywood so I was in since its announcement. Dont really give a shit about Batman but im still in

Null Persp

Looks pretty good. Great cast, Colin Farrell is unrecognizable, he and Dano are going to steal the show.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS
who are suppose to be the bad guys in this movie?

Penguin?
Madhatter?
Scarface?
Mr.Freezer?
Scarecrow?

Will there be Robin? ill totally have a boner for batman and robin

Ezquimacore

Banned
No killing in this one. Reeves has been pretty clear on that and how Batman: Ego is a big inspiration for the movie with how that deals with Batman/Bruce and killing.

wga04lxhc7j51.jpg
no you don't understand, if you see the trailer he is more brutal and a bit messy, even taking bullets just because he can. When he was punching the thug, when he was interrogating riddler etc etc... that's obviously a young ruthless Batman. Even Selena was scared in a scene. I feel like that's on purpose because something is going to happen and he's gonna become the Batman we all know, tactical and shit.

ManaByte

Gold Member
no you don't understand, if you see the trailer he is more brutal and a bit messy, even taking bullets just because he can. When he was punching the thug, when he was interrogating riddler etc etc... that's obviously a young ruthless Batman. Even Selena was scared in a scene. I feel like that's on purpose because something is going to happen and he's gonna become the Batman we all know, tactical and shit.

He's been Batman for over a year in this. It's not an origin story. Just a noir detective story set over about a week's time.

VulcanRaven

Looks great but I liked the first trailer more. I'm glad that they don't use cgi too much. I like the realistic look that Nolan's movies had too. My only problem is Batman's mask. Its looks a bit cheap.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Looks great but I liked the first trailer more. I'm glad that they don't use cgi too much. I like the realistic look that Nolan's movies had too. My only problem is Batman's mask. Its looks a bit cheap.
I feel like trailer was put together yesterday in a rush, even the sound is a bit off. But even with a messy trailer it looks amazing so I'm not worried.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I feel like trailer was put together yesterday in a rush, even the sound is a bit off. But even with a messy trailer it looks amazing so I'm not worried.

It's been done for over a month. The composer posted pictures of him scoring it on Instagram last month. Wasn't a big deal because it was known that it would premiere today at FanDome.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
It's been done for over a month. The composer posted pictures of him scoring it on Instagram last month. Wasn't a big deal because it was known that it would premiere today at FanDome.
the music is great, but the dialogue and the music implementation sounds better on the first trailer. I think needed better mastering.

McCheese

Not feeling it, the fights make him out to be some sort of invulnerable walking tank and it doesn't show the villains posing any threat, not even the joker.

McCheese

IT'S FUCKING BATMAN

Batman is powered by pure vitriol and part of the fun of watching him fight is that the audience knows he's not as invulnerable as he acts he is, there is supposed to be an emotional and physical vulnerability to him under his persona; this trailer doesn't show any of that; he's completely bulletproof and casual walks into sub-machine gun fire despite wearing a mask that doesn't even cover his whole face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom