• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The battle over Gamestop is getting really interesting

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Aaaaaaannnnnd WallStreetBets banned for “hate speech” or whatever that means these days.

Seems someone got on the phone with the ceo at Reddit and Discord.

Last edited:
Aaaaaaannnnnd WallStreetBets banned for “hate speech” or whatever that means these days.

Didn't you know that billionaire hedge fund owners are a minority group. They're less than 1% of the population. To be mean and hateful towards them is to be a bigot. Thou shalt be canceled for thine bigotrum.

Buggy Loop

WSB Reddit is up this morning, it was shut down during the night? Discord WSB was killed yesterday, but probably for the better for now, it was a FUD machine, they killed the only place they could bot effectively? Ok I guess

Dynasty8

Now the Crypto guys have jumped on board lol. DOGE coin has skyrocketed in the past hour. Everyone buying that on SatoshiStreetBets.

Bought some just in case since it's sitting at a penny. :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Buggy Loop

Look at this FUD, alt-right, Ponzi scheme, lol. The media is shameless. I hope everyone realizes this. Shorting stock that doesn’t exist, that’s not a Ponzi scheme? Some of them will be on the wrong side of history here.

And 495$ pre-market

Happy The Office GIF

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

They're also pushing FUD that the shorts all closed.

Fucking hilarious 😂

At this point it’s not even about money, I don’t care if it triggers my stop loss, I’m holding tighter and tighter the more FUD they do, I’m not stopping till I see a squeeze and hedge fund tombstones.

And also, fuck 1000$, at this point, I think it will be close to 700~800$ or more end of Friday. That’s not even a squeeze unless it’s a huge spike, and the new calculations I’ve seen circulating around is that with the 2021 market caps, which are much much higher than VW time, it could peak to some 30k. I doubt that but yea, 1k$ is too low now I think.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm in for £500 and my partner for £100, we're buying a house soon so we can't really be throwing much more around willy-nilly, but honestly I'm mostly doing it for the memes and to be a part of history.

Edit: friend's in for £250 lmao let's go

🚀 TO THE MOON 🚀

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm in for £500 and my partner for £100, we're buying a house soon so we can't really be throwing much more around willy-nilly, but honestly I'm mostly doing it for the memes and to be a part of history.

🚀 TO THE MOON 🚀

Good for you. I‘m not in on all the fun and games directly, but the overall dip caused by the shenanigans going on has got me to add to existing stocks this morning.

Buggy Loop

If it doubles again today (+100%), i think they'll beg NYSE to stop the stock for 30 days or something like that.

I set my sell limits. If it goes through.. OMG, life changing event :eek:

LordOfChaos

Momentary dip to 250 after the trade block...how is that not collusion?

Afaik most AH trading is institutional, and through the entire week minus Elon joining in AH was usually negative, but as the ITM calls expire in the day and the retail memelords take over it drives up

A.Romero

They increased their short positions. They are desperate and really doubling down on the bet that people will jump out by getting scared.

I love to imagine them squirm. I don't care if I don't make any money. It's worth it just so they experience the pain and uncertainty the regular populations goes through with financial hardship.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
The fact that Robinhood has now stopped their users from being able to buy stock in GME, BB, NOK, AMC, and BBBY is wild. This is getting insane, lol. As a result, today will be incredibly interesting.

Reading about Robinhood "insufficient buying power" messages on attempts to buy calls for investors with low amounts of $$ to invest, despite their money covering the call (interesting to know what percentage they're using to cover risk). This will throttle the mob as the price per share increases, which makes the flock thin out the higher the stock price. Naturally they would do a simple search and find the magic of "call options" but if they can't buy with their little money for whatever reason the systems throw at them they'll be decentivized to keep on trying, on Robinhood or elsewhere. Interesting...

Well well wel....They upped the fucking ladder in just one day. That was just yesterday... now look at today.

This country man. Crooks everywhere. First Discord, Nasdaq, TD...

The little man gets a taste of what's real power, vs. the illusion of power at the fringes. Don't fuck with their money.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Apparently RobinHood stopped GME trades.

vboawqu6o2e61.jpg

How can that not be market manipulation. Fucking mental! Smells like a class-action suit.

Democratizing trading my ass. If a hedge fund won a bet taking billions of dollars away from individual investors with few thousand dollar robinhood accounts none of this would be happening, any of it, that's just a normal day.

It's honestly about sending a message at this point.

Last edited:

A.Romero

They are desperate. You can bet they are in conference calls all around.

Even if nothing can be bought today they still have to face the music with their bets and they just doubled down to try to keep it low and tempt people to get out.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
My fill or kill via Hargreaves Lansdown is submitted for dealing. Not getting any work done until that thing moves.

Narrowly missed out on 260 yesterday because of a stupidly low limit price by me, but whatever, it's about the memes and the message.

It's funny, I use the same password with a deviation for every website. I've gotten 3 incorrect password attempts for ameritrade now. I've logged in a number of times over the last few days with no issue.

Buggy Loop

Questrade cancelled my order sell limits earlier in the day except for the 2000$ ones hahaha.

Oh yea suuuurrreeeee. It's my fucking limits.

This shows that Wall Street is all a big pile of collusion between the hedge funds, media, banks and brokers. The veil has lifted. This is gonna piss off even more the internet. GME skyrocketed at 9am for a V recovery before being suspended.

leonardo dicaprio middle finger GIF

LordOfChaos

"We like the stock" isn't illegal. Finding a poor short position isn't illegal. But all the market manipulation and artificial trading barriers afterwards should be. Complain about Robinhood and others block above if you're so inclined.

Do any, more savy, investors here think it's too late to jump on this train? I have a couple thousand I can invest in this if I want. Is it too late?

AV

All of these brokers are not letting you buy GME, yet the price is still going up. Someone's buying those shares but it's not us.

It's shitty iPhone app based free brokers who can afford not to charge by selling your data to Wall Street.

RobinHood is at 1.1 stars in the app store right now, the suits that they're in bed with have really fucked them just like they're fucking the people trying to buy. No one's gonna use that shit ever again.

This is a circus, and I love it.

200.gif

Those poor guys in their Lambos and their yachts?
No, the little guys barred from trading or the potential ramifications of lower volume leading to fizzled out momentum for decentivized retail investors that could result in potential loses. Regardless of where it sits at right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom