• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The battle over Gamestop is getting really interesting

LordOfChaos

Man. I'm seeing the same thing over and over again. Every time I'm suspicious of a post and go to check the user profile, it's an account that's some months old, but with an empty history apart from starting to post in the last hours.

What all of these have in common is either a too low target for exit on Gamestop, or are diverting the money around to other tickers to cause a flow out of it.

These are definitely short sock puppet accounts, they are running SCARED. The squeeze has not squoze, and they're fighting for any out.

This is where the whole diamond hands vs paper hands thing is going to be vital.

Andodalf

Banned
Man. I'm seeing the same thing over and over again. Every time I'm suspicious of a post and go to check the user profile, it's an account that's some months old, but with an empty history apart from starting to post in the last hours.

What all of these have in common is either a too low target for exit on Gamestop, or are diverting the money around to other tickers to cause a flow out of it.

These are definitely short sock puppet accounts, they are running SCARED. The squeeze has not squoze, and they're fighting for any out.

This is where the whole diamond hands vs paper hands thing is going to be vital.

Unironically getting past all the 420.69 Limits will be big

A.Romero

Every time I read something this guy tweets it makes me dislike him more.

This is looking promising. History is being made here. This is turning into a massive re-distribution of wealth. If the government intervenes it will clearly show that the market is rigged for the benefit of the 1%. Even at expense of the finances of the country.

This happening is a win for everyone. All that people making money will re-inject that capital into the economy. Either through everyday expenses like rent and food or through further investments. The government takes taxes. The only ones losing are rich assholes that will end up dropping positions in other stocks in order to fund paying for their bullshitting. In turn, that will make many other stocks go lower. Be ready, not only to pull from GME when the time is right but to take advantage of other opportunities that will arise from this.

Also, if you are holding GME don't fold. Even if all goes to shit it's more likely that you will make way more money once the real squeeze starts than to lose all of your investment and gains similar to any other transactions you could have made in the same timeframe. Right now the risk of losing is way lower than the opportunity of making more.

HF will try to increase their shorts to hold out and news like the ones about the feds looking into it as well as what other posters are describing regarding idiotic attempts to manipulate WSB. This is bigger than WSB now. Just hold on. These rich bastards deserve to lose once in a while.

Disclaimer: I do this for fun and none of this should be taken as financial advice.

Buggy Loop

Closed at 345$

the jesus win GIF

LordOfChaos

Closed at 345$

the jesus win GIF

Another day in the bag. All it had to do was close above 115 calls on Friday and we were good, we're way ahead of track. looks like all the 115C and 200C will be ITM. Probably even the new 325C they opened.

It was 39 when I posted this thread and people have told me it was too late the whole time. I have my principle and a few K profit out but that's all, I'm in it for the moonshot.

Last edited:
I bought 80 shares of blackberry at $6.50 CAD a few months ago because I was reading that they switched over to cyber security and with so many more people working from home I felt like it was a decent bet. Over the past few months alone it shot up to $23 CDN and I was already pretty happy with that, I bought another 20 today just in case and it closed at $31. I’d be really happy if it would get the same push as GME but I can’t see it happening, it really shows just how bullshit it all is.

I also bought 1 whole share of GME at $320. If I lose out oh well, hoping it reaches that 1K though lol. I saw you post this thread last week and I meant to read it but it completely slipped my mind, I would have probably bought a little bit more if I had read this post. I hope it keeps going up for you OP, it’s nice seeing people at the bottom getting a fuckin break for a change.

ManofOne

Plus Member
ManofOne ManofOne

Are you working on terminals in Wall Street ManaByte? Did you see Melvin Capital fume?

ManaByte ManaByte confused you for manofone haha sorry

No I work for a U.S financial firm which has a branch in LATAM (Latin America). They exited their position fully apparently but I only saw the headline on the terminal. That stuff doesn't show until a day later (depending on how much they cleared).

I assume the position was sizeable. Lemme check to see.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I bought 80 shares of blackberry at $6.50 CAD a few months ago because I was reading that they switched over to cyber security and with so many more people working from home I felt like it was a decent bet. Over the past few months alone it shot up to $23 CDN and I was already pretty happy with that, I bought another 20 today just in case and it closed at $31. I’d be really happy if it would get the same push as GME but I can’t see it happening, it really shows just how bullshit it all is.

I also bought 1 whole share of GME at $320. If I lose out oh well, hoping it reaches that 1K though lol. I saw you post this thread last week and I meant to read it but it completely slipped my mind, I would have probably bought a little bit more if I had read this post. I hope it keeps going up for you OP, it’s nice seeing people at the bottom getting a fuckin break for a change.

BB is an honest long hold. There’s nothing to squeeze, only the idea that they’ll make bank with EVs as being the OS for 70% of EVs, and Amazon deal which.. well does that even need an explanation.

This post should be stickied. If that were a thing, this should be stickied. Too many people are reading automated bot comments and believing the FUD right now.

The good stuff doesn't even start until Friday.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

This is looking promising. History is being made here. This is turning into a massive re-distribution of wealth. If the government intervenes it will clearly show that the market is rigged for the benefit of the 1%. Even at expense of the finances of the country.

This happening is a win for everyone. All that people making money will re-inject that capital into the economy. Either through everyday expenses like rent and food or through further investments. The government takes taxes. The only ones losing are rich assholes that will end up dropping positions in other stocks in order to fund paying for their bullshitting. In turn, that will make many other stocks go lower. Be ready, not only to pull from GME when the time is right but to take advantage of other opportunities that will arise from this.

Also, if you are holding GME don't fold. Even if all goes to shit it's more likely that you will make way more money once the real squeeze starts than to lose all of your investment and gains similar to any other transactions you could have made in the same timeframe. Right now the risk of losing is way lower than the opportunity of making more.

HF will try to increase their shorts to hold out and news like the ones about the feds looking into it as well as what other posters are describing regarding idiotic attempts to manipulate WSB. This is bigger than WSB now. Just hold on. These rich bastards deserve to lose once in a while.

Disclaimer: I do this for fun and none of this should be taken as financial advice.
as tempting as it is to say fuck you to these wallstreet cunts, gamestop is not the company to rally behind. AMC sure, but gamestop has no future. they have no plans to combat the shift to digital. they have no strategy.

The problem is that everyone is in to sell. No one believes gamestop has a future. Unlike Tesla which is a long term investment. Everyone is going to sell this stock. And whenever that happens, someone's gonna lose money and it wont be the wallstreet guys. it will be the poor chaps who bought at $300 thinking it will go to $1000 to the guys who bought at $1000 thinking it would go higher.

If you're buying stock straight up and not call options you're doing it wrong. Then again, high volume of calls do add up, a lot. But yes, there will be losers. Hopefully, those that need the money the most are also investing little "fuck you" money to see if they strike some gold.

Obviously some won't and do stupid shit so it will be sad to see them lose $$ when it drops.

Disclaimer: I "cry about Xbox", so no financial advice here.

Last edited:

Excess

Back when I used to use Twitter, I had the great honor of being blocked by him. Good times.
as tempting as it is to say fuck you to these wallstreet cunts, gamestop is not the company to rally behind. AMC sure, but gamestop has no future. they have no plans to combat the shift to digital. they have no strategy.
I think there's a more interesting dynamic here: the little guy vs. the fat cat Wall Street titans. That seems to be the sentiment going around the comment sections of Yahoo Finance.

And since weaponized autism is amusing to me, I bought 1 share yesterday for shits and giggles. I made $224 and laughed about it. I'll let it ride and see where it goes. Hedge funds are betting on fear right now. Regardless, let it all burn. 🤡

Gamestop just entered a multi year partnership with Microsoft so uhhhhhh

Also lol at the fat guy on CNBC crying about how people should be banned from talking about stocks on social media. Get fucked 1%.
They don't give a shit when you protest on the streets for anything, either right or left. They have their puppets in congress to deal with you, on either side, to calm you down and misdirect you in any and all directions.

Touch their money directly on their gold altar.... watch them squirm.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
WSB goes private every now and then. No idea why sometimes but in this case there's some right to be concerned about new subs and potential manipulation from the 500K+ new subs. I'm not sure why this is listed as "breaking news" on CNBC.

WSB goes private every now and then. No idea why sometimes but in this case there's some right to be concerned about new subs and potential manipulation from the 500K+ new subs. I'm not sure why this is listed as "breaking news" on CNBC.

Please tell me the plan isn't for the establishment to use these bots to claim this was a Russian op or something.

Anything that paints potential trading volume slowing down is going to be signal amplified.

Unlike the crypto surges, which are more global in nature, this situation is more localized to the U.S. They need to move in now, and cut it now. Clearly underestimated the strength of word of mouth. Expect all the tricks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom