• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
What I'm interested in is how much does Cavil hate appearing in these films? Because I swear he can act but when that costume is on suddenly it's freshman play level shit.

Malyse

i feel you on that, but from this point on, there won't be any tension about his well-being at all.

Thing is, Marvel needs plot cause they don't have bankable IP. What the fuck is an Ant-man? Wait, this movie is about a talking tree and a talking raccoon? People know Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. Unfortunately, DC thought bad reviews couldn't hurt them, not accounting for the bad WoM.

BVS is the film I've left to hear people openly mocking it outside the theatre.

Imm0rt4l

What I'm interested in is how much does Cavil hate appearing in these films? Because I swear he can act but when that costume is on suddenly it's freshman play level shit.
Seriously. I'm not sure how much to attribute to him though tbh. Snyder doesn't seem to respect the character either tbh.

Thing is, Marvel needs plot cause they don't have bankable IP. What the fuck is an Ant-man? Wait, this movie is about a talking tree and a talking raccoon? People know Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. Unfortunately, DC thought bad reviews couldn't hurt them, not accounting for the bad WoM.

BVS is the film I've left to hear people openly mocking it outside the theatre.
3nd for me, but yeah..it's weird.
Seriously. I'm not sure how much to attribute to him though tbh. Snyder doesn't seem to respect the character either tbh.

U.N.C.L.E. did poorly, but I dug him in it..

Afrocious

Not seeing how people hate on Cavill. Not much you can do when given a shit script to work with.

I don't see how changing him out with someone else would magically make the movie better. You gotta remember you're dealing with a script that has shining moments like
SAVE MARTHA

Not seeing how people hate on Cavill. Not much you can do when given a shit script to work with.

I don't see how changing him out with someone else would magically make the movie better. You gotta remember you're dealing with a script that has shining moments like
SAVE MARTHA

Yeah, the guy that needs to go is in the directors chair. And probably the typing up JLA right now.

Also...

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?!

SAVE MARTHA

See? I don't hate him I hate the character he's playing who is supposed to be superman. I know folks like throwing dude under the bus, but he isn't being given much to work with. Does he even have that many more lines that WW in this movie? I know he DOES, but just how much more?

SAVE MARTHA

It's Snyder not Cavill, and that's especially reinforced when I see him being charismatic as fuck in Man from UNCLE. His Superman's characterization is all fucked up. One on hand you have this long time super jaded Batman, so you'd expect newbie Superman to be idealistic and lofty and whatnot (like All-Star Superman) but instead he has no character. He's just...there. If you asked someone to name 3 traits that defined Synder Superman's personality, they would struggle

See? I don't hate him I hate the character he's playing who is supposed to be superman. I know folks like throwing dude under the bus, but he isn't being given much to work with. Does he even have that many more lines that WW in this movie? I know he DOES, but just how much more?

Cavill knows that it's a paycheck, he's said as much in an interview.

Johndoey

Banned
It's Hayden Christensen levels of a decent actor getting fucked over by the script they have to deal with. Man from U.N.C.L.E is one of my favorite films of the last few years and Cavil is a large part of that consideration, dude pours charisma in that movie.

Mizerman

It's Snyder not Cavill, and that's especially reinforced when I see him being charismatic as fuck in Man from UNCLE. His Superman's characterization is all fucked up. One on hand you have this long time super jaded Batman, so you'd expect newbie Superman to be idealistic and lofty and whatnot (like All-Star Superman) but instead he has no character. He's just...there. If you asked someone to name 3 traits that defined Synder Superman's personality, they would struggle

This. Supes is just...there. Like you can just insert a poster of Superman and still have the same effect. As a longtime fan of Superman, his characterization is disappointing.

Cavill knows that it's a paycheck, he's said as much in an interview.
Not my concern, and I know he's suspect as fuck, but I'm sticking to the acting, not his press..
He was charming as all fuck in UNCLE.
Demi with the facts on the conversation..

tzcfux.gif

TheFlow

Banned
the only actor that was a miscast was lex luthor. otherwise I blame the script and the director for wanting to make it edgy and dark.

jmood88

SAVE MARTHA
He has the charisma of a wet paper bag.

Trey

Okay. Just finished a commander run in Xcom 2 using some folks from the BCT as soldiers. Gonna cast a wider net for the Legend run.

XCOM wants you! Apply today. I cannot guarantee that everyone will make it to the promised land. I might stream this run though, so you'll get to see your horrible deaths in real time.

Numb

Okay. Just finished a commander run in Xcom 2 using some folks from the BCT as soldiers. Gonna cast a wider net for the Legend run.

XCOM wants you! Apply today. I cannot guarantee that everyone will make it to the promised land. I might stream this run though, so you'll get to see your horrible deaths in real time.
Haha Slay's

Add me as Numb if you want

Afrocious

The final room of XCOM 2 was no joke. Psi is OP.

Might have to try out commander and legendary though.

Spring Break is over and it's back to work tomorrow. I miss my students; don't miss having to get up before 10.

What y'all negros doing?

Cleaned out my car. Went to the library and checked out some Octavia Butler books. Kinda tired of movies, shows, and games atm.

ReiGun

Spring Break is over and it's back to work tomorrow. I miss my students; don't miss having to get up before 10.

What y'all negros doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom