• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

So like you're saying this Green hedgehog is like everything Sonic detractors think Sonic has devolved into or something? I'm not sure I 100% get what you mean.

Yes, he is exactly that. OR well he turned into that rather , Ian flynn had to pick up the pieces and the gradual change of his character is one of those gems in the rough

Every time dude is around, or was because...Mr. Penders, but everytime he was around there was actual showed growth or value in what the characters were and who they are.
Tails stood up to sonic and beat his ass
Sonic learned to value his friends and trust that they can do things for themselves
Amy all though there was other development really grows into her own characters , and lays sonic out multiple times, and gives him a speech and along with her own adventures proves that she should probably be the main character.
Shadow is a super bro, to the degree in which he enters another dimension, sees scourge , see's sonic, sonic asks him to jump dude, and he's just down .

He's superboy prime and yamcha rolled into one character, and he's shitty and its amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

mstkcSy.gif

RedSwirl

Hes litterally original the character. Thats the joke, hes both a jab at fans, but even more so criticism lodged at sonic characters. Whats great about it is the comics, while they arent perfect, ussually had way better versions of the characters, so being next to him made that more apperent. Shadow revealed to be a true bro when this dude was around. Even better every character hated him.

" oh un orginal recolors with shit stories huh?, hold on i got you fam"

If you want more details into ken penders fall into madness. Like claiming hes the reason why sonic was as big as it is. I can link you threads.

You think the character might be a bit too old for it to be a deliberate joke on that? Original version of the character was like circa 1994. The color swap was 2006. Maybe Archie did the joke a bit before the internet did.

Yes, he is exactly that. OR well he turned into that rather , Ian flynn had to pick up the pieces and the gradual change of his character is one of those gems in the rough

Every time dude is around, or was because...Mr. Penders, but everytime he was around there was actual showed growth or value in what the characters were and who they are.
Tails stood up to sonic and beat his ass
Sonic learned to value his friends and trust that they can do things for themselves
Amy all though there was other development really grows into her own characters , and lays sonic out multiple times, and gives him a speech and along with her own adventures proves that she should probably be the main character.
Shadow is a super bro, to the degree in which he enters another dimension, sees scourge , see's sonic, sonic asks him to jump dude, and he's just down .

He's superboy prime and yamcha rolled into one character, and he's shitty and its amazing.

Starting to wonder if I should go back and start fucking with Sonic Universe.

Village

You think the character might be a bit too old for it to be a deliberate joke on that? Original version of the character was like circa 1994. The color swap was 2006. Maybe Archie did the joke a bit before the internet did.

Starting to wonder if I should go back and start fucking with Sonic Universe.

He wasn't original purposed for that, I don't really want to get into the... rather unfortunate series of events that involves the change of writers, but scourge becoming a large ass in joke, was certainly an Ian flynn thing,

Sonic universe is dope. The comic's aren't always dope, the last crossover worlds you unite was a giant pile of poo. But there is under Ian a lot more good books. The thing Universe has over the main book, its rarely about sonic. Which is a plus, when the writing is good enough to tell you learn quick sonic is actually the weakest link in sonic. The universe stuff also helps just show how valuable the other characters are. It also has the shadow knuckles fight, which low key makes knuckles look like a goober. speaking of knuckles, sonic universe and the comics its the only piece of sonic media left that has a cool version of him.

I have my criticisms, they are trying to build a world right now because of the reboot and there is a lot of " who " ass characters that are just being pushed out of nowhere, and if you come to the comic for game characters things might get a bit weird. But the universe stuff is good overall.

Dai101

Banned
First thing i did as soon as i log in is to see my compadre Gordon got the banhammer. ....

dxRq3S5.gif

This will be a sad place without him (for the duration, which i hope is short)

?

Aside from the many below freezing days we had ( last night was 30) we had a few weeks where we bounced around lows of 5-14 degrees before adding in wind chill. I don't care where you're from that's cold.
i think you got the wrong idea from that post.

i wasn't really asking about how cold it was in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom