• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Fredric Douglas vs Thomas Jefferson rap battle the comment section is viler than usual, who would have guessed.

Dont know what i exspected.

Numb

Damn
Fell down the tumblr hot girls hole
full

Malyse

Fredric Douglas vs Thomas Jefferson rap battle the comment section is viler than usual, who would have guessed.

Dont know what i exspected.

They mad they got hit with that truth. I like Freddy D ain't come to battle he came to kill.

White people is too uncomfortable with harsh truth. It is known.

Can't wait for the Hamilton mixtape. Dat third Hamilton vs Jefferson battle.

New poster and long time lurker here.

Started writing my introduction like the OT asked and right as I'm about to finish, for no fucking reason, my bowser shuts down and when I brought it back up, of the 3 tabs I had open, the one with my intro was the only one that mysteriously dissapeared. Fuck typing all that shit again.

Raised in the Caribbean. Currently temporarily living in Canada. 24 years old. Agnostic/Atheist. Love to read. Will have to say KFC just because I've never really had the others.

if you see acts of coonery and discussion of horses and ponies, call the police.

i got your back

D i Z

Loving that the decimation of an entire black community by white authorities with machines of war, and citizens armed to the teeth still comes with the qualifier of being a "race riot". As if there was some measure of equal culpability to be handed out.

cdyhybrid

Loving that the decimation of an entire black community by white authorities with machines of war, and citizens armed to the teeth still comes with the qualifier of being a "race riot". As if there was some measure of equal culpability to be handed out.
Of course. Now if it were a town full of zoo animals, the outrage would be enormous.

Ok can I just ask why people of Jewish descent are made that cap is supposedly Hydra? He's not jewish. Getting chewed out about representation when ya can know, I'm visibly black and Cap being more of an ideal than anything else is just..... Idk? We're people this pissed at Red Son?

andthebeatgoeson

I'm gonna laugh if someone goes to jail because a fucking gorilla got killed but not when a kid got killed in the same state.

My dudes did turn up and spark outrage over a dead gorilla. Stating it was the kids fault or the mom's fault. Even blamed selfie culture. Rarely do I see people blame the zoo. Sure, you want the habitat to look nice, and get up close. But when a 4 year old breaks your security system, it's a shit zoo. Not Solid Snake, not Jack Bauer, a 4 year old armed with a icy pop and a wet pull up.

My kids fall into the gorilla pit, please, someone, shoot the damn gorilla. I'm sorry. That gorilla is not going to therapy or will divorce his wife because they lost a family member. Nor will you incur any cost because of the gorilla death.

Want black people shot because he moved wrong. The gorilla was actively hurting the kid. 10 minutes of drag and splash. Even gave the kid a wedgie. That gorilla had bad intentions.

Johndoey

Banned
Ok can I just ask why people of Jewish descent are made that cap is supposedly Hydra? He's not jewish. Getting chewed out about representation when ya can know, I'm visibly black and Cap being more of an ideal than anything else is just..... Idk? We're people this pissed at Red Son?
You had a good bit of out and out support for Germany in New York during WWII and the impact on Jewish communities in Europe was downplayed or ignored altogether. So Cap was important to a lot of older Jewish folk. An Aryan god fucking up the Axis forces? Beautiful, people needed that. Cap matters to a lot of people as an ideal in a way that's not immediately apparent.
Communist Superman is completely different from Nazi Captain America, completely different.

Or something idk.

Aiustis

My dudes did turn up and spark outrage over a dead gorilla. Stating it was the kids fault or the mom's fault. Even blamed selfie culture. Rarely do I see people blame the zoo. Sure, you want the habitat to look nice, and get up close. But when a 4 year old breaks your security system, it's a shit zoo. Not Solid Snake, not Jack Bauer, a 4 year old armed with a icy pop and a wet pull up.

My kids fall into the gorilla pit, please, someone, shoot the damn gorilla. I'm sorry. That gorilla is not going to therapy or will divorce his wife because they lost a family member. Nor will you incur any cost because of the gorilla death.

Want black people shot because he moved wrong. The gorilla was actively hurting the kid. 10 minutes of drag and splash. Even gave the kid a wedgie. That gorilla had bad intentions.

Yeah I live in Cinci and the zoo is really terrible all around about the enclosures. Any kid could slip away for 5 seconds and end up in a fair amount of them, including the lion one. But it's whatevs.

Shy

New poster and long time lurker here.

Started writing my introduction like the OT asked and right as I'm about to finish, for no fucking reason, my bowser shuts down and when I brought it back up, of the 3 tabs I had open, the one with my intro was the only one that mysteriously dissapeared. Fuck typing all that shit again.

Raised in the Caribbean. Currently temporarily living in Canada. 24 years old. Agnostic/Atheist. Love to read. Will have to say KFC just because I've never really had the others.
GAF aint ready for this

New dude here in the BCT as well. 26, male, Black/Italian living in the CA bay. Actually been on GAF for a minute but hardly post anymore.

Best believe I'm always checking in to see what's being said in the BCT thread though.
Welcome new peoples.
Mornin party people.
Morning.
I'm still sad we never got to use Hidden Negro Presets
Haha I forgot all about this one. That had me in stitches.
Same. That was bare jokes.
Hi all! Good midday I guess.
Evening.

Furyous

Bernie supporters overcoming Starbucks' lack of soy milk... FOH.

Good mornin BCT.

Big shouts to the new people.

I woke up at 6 am in a cold sweat and have done nothing but try to figure out what's going on. Everything hit me at once and I'm trying to get over whatever this is and have a productive day.

*EDIT*

Why do the first black people in a co-starring role in a Macross series have fish gills? This is BS.

You had a good bit of out and out support for Germany in New York during WWII and the impact on Jewish communities in Europe was downplayed or ignored altogether. So Cap was important to a lot of older Jewish folk. An Aryan god fucking up the Axis forces? Beautiful, people needed that. Cap matters to a lot of people as an ideal in a way that's not immediately apparent.
Communist Superman is completely different from Nazi Captain America, completely different.

Or something idk.

I get Captain America being ideal. That's easy and I can definitely see how important his role was. My thing is how you basically co-op him into being a representative for a group of people when he doesn't really share the same necessary struggle nor the same conditions as you. He's a blanket character.

D i Z

I didn't know that Season 2 of Powers was up already. Three episodes of it so far. I think it's been long enough since watching season one that I can chance this.

EDIT:

15 minutes in. This shit is still terrible. Holy shit, how do you not improve anything at all after season one being a joke.

I get Captain America being ideal. That's easy and I can definitely see how important his role was. My thing is how you basically co-op him into being a representative for a group of people when he doesn't really share the same necessary struggle nor the same conditions as you. He's a blanket character.

He was created by 2 jewish guys

Johndoey

Banned
Cap does in a way represent the Jewish community, he was created by two Jewish men partly as a symbol of hope for Jew's at the time. That character means something something important to somne Jewish people. Maybe the representation isn't direct and it's importance has waned but that spirit is there.

TalonJH

The laundry detergent advertisement depicts a light-skinned Chinese woman throwing a black man covered in paint into a washing machine after a bit of flirting. After undergoing a wash, the man emerges as a light-skinned, clean Chinese man.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/29/asia/...apology/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

You have to see this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Xq-I0JRhvt4

Edit: And here is opposite from Italy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjuamNkZ5YQ

Most self hating shit I've ever seen:

https://www.facebook.com/TonyaTkoShow/videos/10154064359115937/

If you can make it past 5 minutes you are a better man than me. I've never laid a hand on a woman in my life so I would have to get my sister or someone else to slap some sense into this girl disrespecting her mother like this.

Made it five minutes in with a vein popping on my forehead like fucking Piccolo. Then I get to the part where she says she's in grad school for law.

Nah. I'm done.

EDIT: The fact that she's gorgeous just makes me that much more upset.

iavi

Most self hating shit I've ever seen:

https://www.facebook.com/TonyaTkoShow/videos/10154064359115937/

If you can make it past 5 minutes you are a better man than me. I've never laid a hand on a woman in my life so I would have to get my sister or someone else to slap some sense into this girl disrespecting her mother like this.

I'd almost believe this was a parody, if I wasn't so conditioned to this shit. I know a good few self-hating sisters like this. All with white-men they believe to be their ladder up. And proud of it. "I don't even see myself as black" etc.. etc.. types. Shit's a quiet epidemic.

e; Her man put hands on her cause he met her mom and it's her mom's fault? somebody needs to smack her fine-ass with the woke stick. She's off the deep end.

I'd almost believe this was a parody, if I wasn't so conditioned to this shit. I know a good few self-hating sisters like this. All with white-men they believe to be their ladder up. And proud of it. "I don't even see myself as black" etc.. etc.. types. Shit's a quiet epidemic.

e; Her man put hands on her cause he met her mom and it's her mom's fault? somebody needs to smack her fine-ass with the woke stick. She's off the deep end.

Never heard anyone say some Raven Symonne shit like this in real life...not sure how I would react.
That was too much. I watched the whole thing too.
Not sure how you had the strength. I probably could only do it in 2 minute segments to keep from raging.

Johndoey

Banned
I didn't know that Season 2 of Powers was up already. Three episodes of it so far. I think it's been long enough since watching season one that I can chance this.

EDIT:

15 minutes in. This shit is still terrible. Holy shit, how do you not improve anything at all after season one being a joke.
Oh damn I forgot about this, I loved the first season. I really enjoy that this is basically an AU fanfic so far, it's got so little in common with the comic.

Edit: Oh god the effects are so bad, I adore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom