• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
pink-panther-horse-laughing-o.gif

Village

SFV "Story" mode made me want to punch babies..

You weren't a fan?

I thought it was fun but ultimately pointless. And only in existence as it was because they felt like they needed to bring bison back after him dying in sf2. And they had to create this whole story killing bison. I'm more interested in after that point, because it leads into street fighter 3.

Hopefully they do a story mode part two, with new stuff, because I want the DLC characters to play more of a part.

Sch1sm

Your mom pays for my internet after our weekly sessions

Ahhh. She does have a habit of accepting charity cases.

You weren't a fan?

I thought it was fun but ultimately pointless. And only in existence as it was because they felt like they needed to bring bison back after him dying in sf2. And they had to create this whole story killing bison. I'm more interested in after that point, because it leads into street fighter 3.

Hopefully they do a story mode part two, with new stuff, because I want the DLC characters to play more of a part.

I found it boring. Didn't skip the cutscenes or anything. I just wanted it to end, though. Story overstayed its welcome for me.

You weren't a fan?

Might be that I don't watch things that are..so Asian/anime? I felt like a fucking toddler listening to that crap (no offense, kids). Ended up jabbing the skip button after every fight..

Village

I found it boring. Didn't skip the cutscenes or anything. I just wanted it to end, though. Story overstayed its welcome for me.

That's fair, its an entire narrative to re-kill a character they reconnected back to life. The most interesting part is , the street fighter 3 part has to wait.

Might be that I don't watch things that are..so Asian/anime? I felt like a fucking toddler listening to that crap (no offense, kids). Ended up jabbing the skip button after every fight..

Its very cheesy and anime. Street fighter has always been that way to be fair. So that's fair.

Tekken's Story thing for Tekken 7 looks tight

Village

Really? Always felt like there was a shift during the Alpha years. Wasn't so weird to me before that. Now it's just full-blown..whatever you call that lol.

Street fighter has always been that tbh, espically when you look at their influences, particularly jojo's bizarre adventure. This is more evident with later versions of street fighter 2 with the cleaning up of the art, allowing a lot of the art to look a lot more " anime" particularly in the female sprites. It also included the character of akuma who in a way is the signification of street fighter going full on " anime" in design tempermet and introduction, he would also go on to be one of the most popular characters in the street fighter series.

So its always been there. But much like peoples issues with FF's translation into 3d, capcom getting better sprite artists and better tech allowed for them to realize what they wanted for the series.

Samara

Will be my first time doing some Soup Joumou (or pumkin soup). Wish me luck.

To anyone who doesn't know, enslaved Haitians saw the slave master eating that pumpkin soup and they couldn't ban from eating it. So since their self-liberation, they've been eat the soup on their day of independence: January 1st. Basically...

4 is a cutie: How does Azealia Banks sacrifice 100 chickens and not have a song on Billboard Hot 100 by now?

Why are voodoo rituals always done in closets? If you see someone with a red silk scarf, drum and wooden rain stick: they're into that shit.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
my family is really deep into this conservative bullshit conspiracy theory nonsense

literally just heard that Obama has been weak on Russia because he's gay and made a pass at Putin, and that's why Putin doesn't like him

and also he's gay so his pastor married him off to Michelle, who might actually not be a woman

brb, going to sneak on the international space station just so I can step out of an airlock

my family is really deep into this conservative bullshit conspiracy theory nonsense

literally just heard that Obama has been weak on Russia because he's gay and made a pass at Putin, and that's why Putin doesn't like him

and also he's gay so his pastor married him off to Michelle, who might actually not be a woman

brb, going to sneak on the international space station just so I can step out of an airlock
Slap one of them

I'm trying to give Gordon these hands in SF5 but he ducking me smh

actually I've been super busy with work but I'm gonna have the next few days free
How does Azealia Banks sacrifice 100 chickens and not have a song on Billboard Hot 100 by now?
Because she's burned every bridge in existence.

Holy shit man

Shocked you haven't done this already:

Qasbg26.gif

I would've, but only because I'm too old for that shit now.

Yo holmes.

zJGaR.gif

¡Dai!

Wowsers..

I'm trying to give Gordon these hands in SF5 but he ducking me smh

actually I've been super busy with work but I'm gonna have the next few days free

Soon..

primal rage is better than sfv

Your taste in everything is just..flat..

Imm0rt4l

To anyone who doesn't know, enslaved Haitians saw the slave master eating that pumpkin soup and they couldn't ban from eating it. So since their self-liberation, they've been eat the soup on their day of independence: January 1st. Basically...

haha love this

SFV "Story" mode made me want to punch babies..

That was pretty bad

Only her dp was nerfed, but everyone's was, really. She was ultimately buffed because there are some combos that we couldn't do before that are options now.

At least that's what I remember from the patch notes.

Word? I'm gonna play a few round later and check it out.

As for that long list of stuff, how much is just design choices? I don't know I bought the game 2x and haven't had many complaints personally. I keep hearing arguements for not liking characters you don't have to buy or costumes you don't need to use. Things along those lines are a big "meh" for me. When you consider having to consistently play games like mvc2 over and over, to unlock all the players and costumes, this doesn't phase me. Even the game modes aren't a problem. Had they launched with a full arcade mode, by this time I'd be well over it.

I can agree with the online complaints however, but even then I've played tons of matches with no issue. I guess I'm just easier to please.

I should really learn another character 😓 I've been content with this game once they just announced Cammy. Fuckit

To anyone who doesn't know, enslaved Haitians saw the slave master eating that pumpkin soup and they couldn't ban from eating it. So since their self-liberation, they've been eat the soup on their day of independence: January 1st. Basically

This your first time making it or trying it? If making, good luck! Feel free to invite me over to try it out. :hint, hint:

If it's your first time trying, you're in for a treat!

Sch1sm

That was pretty bad

Word? I'm gonna play a few round later and check it out.

WORD!

@Village for the rest of your post 'cause most of those grievances aren't huge to me. I'm just annoyed by netcode. The only issue I had otherwise was to do with v-skills not being worth their salt in some characters, but they're clearly working on balance so I'm less bothered there!

I should really learn another character 😓 I've been content with this game once they just announced Cammy. Fuckit

Free yourself and take Ls with another character. I recently added Guile to my choices in rotation, but I'm no Shy. Maybe you should try Vega or Rashid, if you wanna stay with the whole speedy archetype.

We don't need to uninvite them from the cook out, they are having their own:

http://theundefeated.com/allday/daily-dose-122916/

Jim Brown’s inauguration day party for Donald Trump. The Hall of Fame running back, who stirred controversy earlier this month when he met with the president-elect at Trump Tower in New York City, will host the “Amer-I-Can Pre-Inauguration Day Party” in Washington, D.C., one day before Trump is set to be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States. Brown will be joined at the event by his wife, Monique, Trump supporters and black pastors Darrell Scott and Bruce Levell, former reality TV star Omarosa Manigault, former college basketball coach Bob Knight and future Pro Football Hall of Famer Ray Lewis. No mention of whether or not Don King will be promoting.

Oh yes, about that interracial dating/marriage thing:

Why do people freak out? I'll give a quick anecdote from my own life. My mother was born and raised in the Jim Crow South, and worked in the Civil Rights Movement. She had to hide from the Klan on occasion. And then one day, I bring a blond blue eyed devil into the house. I was literally sleeping with the enemy. And there was a little feeling of "cultural appropriation" there as well, white people taking black sons and daughters. To be honest, my husband has done his damndest to be a good husband and father, and he's won her over by listening. And loving her food. But you can see how this could be an issue for an older black woman.

Zaverious

I mess with Laura. Only character I can beat people with consistently.
--
I miss Generator Rex so much. Came to my mind all of a sudden.

Slayven

Damn I thought folks were joking. Holy shit, this woman has lost her ever loving mind

Those folks are insane. When they move into a new crib, they perform that dumb fuck ritual which consist of magic bullshit ingredients (salt+pepper for you) and fresh chicken blood..then mop the fucking floors with it. Fuck all that bullshit..

Slayven

Those folks are insane. When they move into a new crib, they perform that dumb fuck ritual which consist of magic bullshit ingredients (salt+pepper for you) and fresh chicken blood..then mop the fucking floors with it. Fuck all that bullshit..

Practice what you want, but be hygienic.

I will never forget discovering chicken bones and feathers in this girl's closet. Nope the fuck out

Practice what you want, but be hygienic.

I will never forget discovering chicken bones and feathers in this girl's closet. Nope the fuck out

Practice what you want, but do that shit the day before you ask me to help you move because why are you holding that chicken and what's that crap in the tub? Fuck outta here, nigga..

Slayven

Practice what you want, but do that shit the day before you ask me to help you move because why are you holding that chicken and what's that crap in the tub? Fuck outta here, nigga..

I thought you were speaking academically. Holy shit, being asked to help to move is a punishment in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom