• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor: You've been away 15 years. In China?

Danny Rand: In Kun-Lun.

ARGH GOD DANNY STOOOOOP YOU STUPID FUCKING STUPID PINCHE IDIOTA FUCKING

[starts punching the floor]

giphy.gif

I'm dying. now I'm am imagining an Asian hipster DMX fan who talks in that DMX angry voice all the time. even shaved his head and has a vandyke like D

man I bet nothing kills a mood like a disorganized room full of angry naked people.

Clearly I need to post here more often

\o/ Numb lol brehs

When I was a child growing up in a small Missouri I didn't know any black people, the black people I did see on a daily basis were on TV and stuff. I was well liked in school but I didn't fit with the kids. Also I was kinda insane (this was before autism was a thing)
so yeah I kinda tried to stay away from the popular cliques. But when I had watched TV I could always identify with the african americans in the show. Something about that style and presentation during that time, goddamn. My favourite show back then "Martin"
and In Living Color.

One of my few good memories of my child hood memories is listening to some songs from the Thrasher: Skate and Destroy that I pirated from Kazaa. Kool Keith, ATCQ Afrika Baambata and what not, that shit practically got me through my childhood
But my fondest child hood memory is downloading Ultramagnetic MC's Raise It Up on a lark because the title sounded interesting and HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT A BADASS FUCKING SONG OMFG I had never ever heard a song like it in my young life. I remember being so blown at the lyrics and everything else about the song. It sound like a battle anthem. This was among the 20 or more song that got me through my teenage.

I've kinda been able to relate to black people and I've kinda have always admired black culture from afar. But I never know if I'm watching the right shows or what not.

Sorry for rambling post but I know Numb from FakeGAF and SBFP community thread. So he knows what I look like. Also as white midwestern dude, sorry about the Trump voters. At least I hope I should know better then them

Malyse

Damn. I never seen a 8:50 am Sunday showing that was completely sold out, so I'm guess Beauty and the Beast won this weekend.

zeemumu

bPZkn1u.gif

OH MY FUCKING GAWWWSH! HOW INCREDIBLE WAS THAT EPISODE?
The fights, the animation, the art, the intensity.
Jack looks like he's been through a lot in these past 50 years. Lost is sword and his purpose in life. He's seeing his own ghost, talking to it and thinking about killing himself. I was like GoSH! The beginning part with Aku was funny, but like y'all said in the thread It's going take some getting used to that new voice like for real.

We've never seen Jack take an ass whooping like this since he fought the guardian, but this shit was even better than that. OOH! Remember that part where they were in that tomb? That shit was intense as fuck.
GIdaRLt.gif

When they entered the room with all the stone caskets, I thought Jack might've been pretending to be that skeleton. When he was hiding I was wondering if they'd really be able to see that small speck of light produced from that firefly, but apparently so. The person who trained those daughters of Aku know how to train some fucking assassins. Great with weapons, can fight in the dark and underwater. Those are some bad bitches! Jack looked utterly shocked when he saw that was a human. He didn't seem to mad about it though. Couldn't pull out that blade. I thought he might have legit died there with how slow he was moving and you know those girls are fast. The shit with the animals was beautiful too, but I was trying to figure out what the deal was with that. That blood was incredible though. Can't believe that little thing took all those out, but it cost it its life.
I AM SO READY FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. I WANT TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES!

It was a good-ass episode. I felt like the
animal thing might've been a little on the nose
but outside of that I loved everything about it. The art and animation quality has really taken a step up without sacrificing the original's unique artstyle.

Jack got that
Metroid reset done to him

Beefy

Hayden Panettiere tweeting about chemtrails. Celebs have gone mad.
--------------------------------------------------
Afternoom BCT

So I'm just getting into Black Panther now. I never was a Marvel fan just because I grew up on DC. I watched a youtube video that gave me some of his back story and OMFG this dude is the mother fucking HNIC.

I'm watching the released BET show of him now.

After that I'll probably watch Samurai Jack on Netflix since I'm hearing good things about the show. But wow. Black Panther got me feeling a certain type of way/pride.

zeemumu

The only Black Panther comic that I read was one where he almost killed Mephisto by making him gorge himself to death on Panther soul.

Slayven

So I'm just getting into Black Panther now. I never was a Marvel fan just because I grew up on DC. I watched a youtube video that gave me some of his back story and OMFG this dude is the mother fucking HNIC.

After that I'll probably watch Samurai Jack on Netflix since I'm hearing good things about the show. But wow. Black Panther got me feeling a certain type of way/pride.

I like when Black Panther's mother was kidnapped and she laughed at them, saying "You know you fucked up right?".

I like when Black Panther's mother was kidnapped and she laughed at them, saying "You know you fucked up right?".

Damn Slayven you spoiling it for me lol I'm only on episode 4--it's all good since I read the backstory. Man Black Panther is a G. How was this gem hidden from me for so long??

There was a BET special? Also link to that YouTube vid.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3bdnou_black-panther-season-1-episode-1_shortfilms

The show is good so far. I think there are only 6 episodes though

Malyse

Belle's dress was terrible. LeFou wasn't gay, just effeminate. Be Our Guest looked like it was straight out of Fantasia. Emma was inspired casting.

Belle still best princess, but they toned down some of the violence which is sad. No murder cabinets this time. Still, I liked it.

Hayden Panettiere tweeting about chemtrails. Celebs have gone mad.
--------------------------------------------------
Afternoom BCT

Ah, Hayden. This is what we get for saving the cheerleader.

Also: Marvel as a creative entity OWES the Asian/Asian-American community. They have appropriated all sorts of Asian culture, from the mystical to the martial. Iron Fist being Asian-American would have been the start of paying off that huge debt. Instead...

Pick up trades of Coates run. Shit is 🔥🔥🔥🔥

BET cartoon that came on at 4:30 in the morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqavJTv1IH0

Yo as a mater of fact, I have a few comic questions for you.

What's your thoughts on Gambit?

Who was his original creator? (I don't know why I thought Jim Lee had something to do with his creation)

What's the most expensive comic you own?

Damn Slayven you spoiling it for me lol I'm only on episode 4--it's all good since I read the backstory. Man Black Panther is a G. How was this gem hidden from me for so long??

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3bdnou_black-panther-season-1-episode-1_shortfilms

The show is good so far. I think there are only 6 episodes though

Appreciate it

Okay, I'm down with the "Piccolo is black" theory. And I appreciate the "DCAU Lex Luthor is black even though DC said he's supposed to look like Telly Savalas" theory. But Tracy Clayton aka @brokeymcpoverty, has a new theory that is giving me pause.

"the goofy family is black, Goofy himself is EXTRA black (loud, country) and max is tryna assimilate so he denies his sad. IMITATION OF LIFE"

weebay.gif

LionPride

Banned
Okay, I'm down with the "Piccolo is black" theory. And I appreciate the "DCAU Lex Luthor is black even though DC said he's supposed to look like Telly Savalas" theory. But Tracy Clayton aka @brokeymcpoverty, has a new theory that is giving me pause.

weebay.gif
Yeah, Goofy is black. Max hangs out with Pete's son because he wants to be more like them.

Malyse

weebay.gif

Know how I know you never saw A Goofy Movie?

Malyse

And you are correct. My Goofy experience is all the old cartoons where he is skiiing and driving and boating and playing hockey and basketball and dealing with a cold.

Obviously I need to watch this movie.

Eye to Eye is still a fantastic song. And you really do. You REALLY REALLY do. (spoilers doe)

Goofy > Donald > Mickey

Naw. Mickey knows how to fucking heal you on time. Goofy > Mickey > Donald's cannibalistic ass.

----

One other thing about Beauty and the Beast: there were a noticeable number of interracial couples on screen and all the famous folk disappeared into their roles. Like, I did NOT recognize I lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom