• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes - Story Trailer & Release Date Announcement

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

To descend into the unknown is extremely brave… or extremely foolish.

Dig deep into the lore and gameplay of House of Ashes in this exclusive #E32021 interview with Dan McDonald, Executive Producer, as he talks about what makes a horror game tick, how to perfect a jump scare and what it is like to work with Ashley Tisdale.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Funny thing is apart from the last second reveal of the monster this trailer's been online for weeks.

I really enjoyed Until Dawn and I rather liked Man of Medan too. I wish Little Hope would hit Game pass, just like Man of Medan did. As for this one, this feels more like an action horror movie, like Aliens for example. Somehow I don't feel as compelled to play it compared to the other titles....?

dream

Loved Until Dawn, but both Man of Medan and Little Hope felt like such fuck yous to everyone who played them. these guys aren’t fooling me again.

dream

And conceptually, I really love the idea of a co-op narrative game where both players experience different facets of the same story. Man of Medan had one of my favorite co-op moments ever (
when your partner hallucinates and sees you as a monster, leading to a scenario where he could kill you
). But narrative games should also have stories where you don’t ultimately feel so cheated that you regret investing even just a few hours into playing them.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The latest addition to The Dark Picture Anthology is coming in October of 2021, so we spoke to Will Doyle (Game Director at Supermassive Games) to discuss what his dream horror collaborations would be going forward.

From Supermassive Games wanting to take on A Nightmare on Elm Street videogame, to discussing the Aliens franchise and a whole lot more, here are the dream horror videogames that they would love to make.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

House of Ashes is the third game in The Dark Pictures Anthology series and focuses on a stranded military unit having to navigate through a buried Sumerian temple deep underground. Tension and hard decisions lead gameplay in House of Ashes, some of which you can see in these first fifteen minutes of gameplay.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ashley Tisdale, who plays Rachel King in House of Ashes, gives an inside look at her character in the upcoming horror game, as well as her experience shooting on set, and more.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes launches on October 22, 2021 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Rayderism

I plan to get the game, as I more-or-less enjoyed the first two in the series, but I'm really not into the military motif. To me, it will make it seem like just another armed forces shooter, but disguised as a horror game with lots of cutscenes and story choices. I honestly don't expect to like this one much. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Raploz

The last two games ending was trash (especially Little Hope). I'm not playing this one. Let me guess: at the end of the game they'll (again) reveal
none of what happened in the story actually happened, and it was just some schizophrenic character hallucinating about traumatic events from war. They'll also leave many questions about the story unanswered just like the last two games, but again, it doesn't matter because none of it actually happened.

Assaulty

The last two games ending was trash (especially Little Hope). I'm not playing this one. Let me guess: at the end of the game they'll (again) reveal
none of what happened in the story actually happened, and it was just some schizophrenic character hallucinating about traumatic events from war. They'll also leave many questions about the story unanswered just like the last two games, but again, it doesn't matter because none of it actually happened.

Couldn't agree more, although I actually liked Little Hope's ending more than MoM as that games "Plot twist" was obvious very early on. I've had some fun with both games and my girlfriend really likes them so I'll probably end up playing it pretty soon after launch, but I fully expect the premise to be the same as the other two games.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
This time its real monster ( dev confirmed) like Until Dawn

No more hallucination

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

House of Ashes is the third game in The Dark Pictures Anthology and like its predecessors, comes loaded with choices that can affect whether a character lives or dies. To put this to the test we tried every option in a single scene that takes place early in the game. Here's what happened.

Top Bottom